TCG Fakes Spiritomb V

Mega Mewthree...

A new threat has appeared.
Hi Everyone.
Interesting card idea that I had.

Spiritomb V 170HP Dark

Ability: Ominous Wind
Your opponent's Pokemons attacks do 10 less damage to your Pokemon. You can't apply more than 1 Ominous Wind ability at a time.

6 Dark energy
Ignore all energy in your Pokemon's attack cost for the rest of the game. Discard this Pokemon and all cards attached to it at the end of your opponent's next turn.

Retreat Cost: 2

Apologies if you were expecting cool artwork.

Definitely sounds interesting. I dont know how good or bad it is. I'm not very good at the TCG. It seems to me that this is much more suited for a GX than a V though. GX attacks are designed to be a 1 time thing.

This could be very powerful due to hydreigon. Probably will never happen, but interesting nonetheless.

I think this card would bring a really interesting layer to game play. You could use it in any deck you want and once it attacks you wouldn't need any more energy. However, let's say that you play 3 Spiritomb V and 8 energy. Once you used the attack, there would be 4 extra cards in your deck that you wouldn't need. In addition, if you played a energy accelerator line then it would add more cards that would become useless. On the plus side, it would add a lot more versatility. All of your pokemon would be automatically able to attack, so you could throw down surprise techs or big hitters without giving opponents a chance to do chip damage before they get powered up.

Not sure how to feel about this. On the one hand, you have the attack, which could be potentially good? I'm not sure who would use this to make it overpowered tbh. I agree with an earlier comment that it's better suited for a GX attack. While you can really only typically use it once anyways, the difference here is that you're able to use a GX attack in addition to this as well. I think it's probably a little too powerful, as that effect could easily get ridiculous with the right cards, and makes it really unpredictable as a deck since it would nearly always be a box of sorts.
As for the Ability, it needs a limit or restriction of some sort. That is just too powerful in general. Even without the obvious partner, Eternatus VMAX, giving it anywhere from an effective 350-380 HP, the easy 10 damage modifier for anything is imo, too versatile and could easily shake up pretty much every meta deck that attacks.

Back