• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Spiritomb/Spikemuth

Gymmy

Aspiring Trainer
So guys, this Is the deck I recently built since I just got back into TCG after a few years break and decided to go for Spiritomb. I think you all already know how its ability and attack work and combining that with Spikemuth Stadium and Jynx ability, you'll be able to hit as much as 310 with a cape of toughness applied to your Spiritomb. This is how the list looks right now but I'd like to know your thoughts about It. Black Market is there because ADP is quite popular at my shop and it comes in handy at times. My main doubts regard the Supporters' choice and the inclusion of Zigzagoon. I also thought about addìng other backup attackers that could help me in difficult matchups but I can't seem to find any that would suit the deck without hurting consistency too much. Any idea?

Pokemon 15

4 Spiritomb

3 Jirachi

2 Hoopa

2 Jynx

2 Zigzagoon

1 Dedenne GX

1 Crobat V

Supporters-items 37

4 Bird Keeper

4 Prof. Research

2 Boss'Orders

1 Nanu

1 LT. Surge strategy

1 Ordinary Rod

4 Scoop up net

4 Switch

4 Cape of toughness

4 Quick ball

3 Ultra ball

4 Spikemuth

1 Black Market

Energies 8

4 darkness energies

4 hiding energies

As you may notice, I opted for Prof. Research rather than Marnie but I'm still kind of debating whether I should just get rid of Nanu and LT Surge to make room for It or not.

Okay I like it, you really have to think about your turn one. If you don't get 2-3 ST on the bench it's going to be very hard for you to win. Just relying on QB and natural draw isn't good enough to do that IMO. I'd include 3-4 Coms if you feel your hand has a bunch of pokemon that arn't STin your hand.

The Black Market doesnt make sense if your run 4 Spikemuth, you really want to keep your main Stadium up.

Nanu/Surge are awkward, What's going to stay alive long enough to Nanu on to? Decent to prevent your Crobats etc from getting gusted for 2 Prizes maybe.

Ultra ball isn't legal in standard

4 Jirachi is better IMO you want to have a good consistent start.

-3 Ultraball
-1 Crobat (Your hand size will always be too big with Switches/bird keepers)
-1 Nanu
-1 Lt Surge
-1 Black Market

+4 PokeCom
+2 Marnie
+1 Jirachi

Other Options Mew, Stealthy hood, great balls

Have Fun!

Actually, I meant great ball... Sorry about that! As regards Crobat, I honestly feel like one of Is Just fine after some testing. I might try to switch the balls out for the Pokémon communication but I rarely had Pokémon in my hands to shuffle back into the deck. Let's say I get rid of Black Market, do you have any idea to improve the ADP matchup? I thought about a copy of Alolan Persian GX or Galarian Obstagoon... What do you say?
Nanu Is a one of in cases when I want to get rid of either crobat or Dedenne off the bench and have a Spiritomb in my discard pile while LT Surge could come in handy when in rare cases I could get that crucial KO by using 2 supporters but obviously, I get your point. Consistency First right?

Great ball and Crobat make more sense together if you are going that route.
For ADP I would look into hammers to slow the GX attack down but that's iffy considering most people will wait to attach the water.
Yes Obstagoon could work but if you did that I would include the Coms so you can search for it specifically instead of relying on great balls, it's gunna be a bit clunky. You might need to cut the hoopas and add 2 obst and somehow find a spot to add some Rare Candies.
Rough MU, but Phione could help with disrupting them and adding SpikeMuth Damage on thier turn when they switch back. (Just dont reset brave blade if they can play around it)
Black Market is def a really good card but its hard to get it when you need it.

id just focus on not having to use the support pokemon if you can help it and try to get your goon wall up or 2 shot ADP before they have another zacian ready.

HMU on PTGCO /Discord If you wanna test sometime, I have ADPZ and a few meta decks.

Last edited:
Phione is another one I thought about! At the end of the day, If you were to play this deck in a ADP/Centiskorch meta, what would you do? The latter one looks at least like a 50/50 if not favourable matchup. I may try and go for a 1-0-1 Obstagoon line + 1 of rare candy and also go for a 2-2 count of Great Ball and Communication. Something like this...
-1 Nanu
-1 LT Surge
-1 Black Market
-1 Great Ball

+1 Obstagoon
+1 Rare candy
+1 Phione/Marshadow
+1 Communication

is Alolan Persian GX less viable you reckon?

If GXs were still the main gimmick, then Persian would be a really good deck since it could counter pretty much anything, but since ADP is the last really viable GX pokemon, and it's often paired with a V anyway, Persian really just acts a a two-prize bench sitter that is only relevant against that and the occasional PikaRom.

If GXs were still the main gimmick, then Persian would be a really good deck since it could counter pretty much anything, but since ADP is the last really viable GX pokemon, and it's often paired with a V anyway, Persian really just acts a a two-prize bench sitter that is only relevant against that and the occasional PikaRom.
I understand and addìng another GX simply destroys the only way you can keep up with ADP... Price Exchange! At this point, what about Obstagoon?

Back