• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Spiritomb Sanked Em (Spiritomb ULP, Omastar, unown HAND)

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 2 Omastar TEU 76
* 1 Mawile-GX UNM 141
* 4 Spiritomb UPR 53
* 3 Unown LOT 91
* 2 Lapras UNM 36

##Trainer Cards - 36

* 1 Heat Factory {*} LOT 178
* 4 Steven’s Resolve CES 145
* 2 Lady FLI 109
* 1 Stealthy Hood UNB 186
* 2 Brock's Grit EVO 74
* 2 Rare Candy DEX 100
* 2 Fisherman CES 130
* 4 Pokémon Fan Club UPR 133
* 3 Unidentified Fossil UNM 210
* 4 Whitney LOT 193
* 2 Lt. Surge's Strategy UNB 178
* 2 TV Reporter CES 167
* 4 Misty's Favor UNM 202
* 3 Lavender Town TEU 147

##Energy - 12

* 12 Fire Energy SMEnergy 11

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

This deck is quite fun if you don't get stamped early and are able to steven into Omastar pieces. The point of the deck is to race against your opponent's six prize clock to get 35 cards in hand and win with Unown HAND.
Spiritomb runs the show, with both attacks being helpful at different times. Early on, you stall with terrify, stopping their active basic pokemon from attacking, and when they have ways of switching and energy everywhere, you accept that spiritomb will go down, and use it to get back two key supporters (usually surge and whitney in the last few turns).
Omastar blocks some very important cards, namely reset stamp, but also custom catcher on itself. It also has the benefit of massively slowing down set up decks. Meanwhile if they play ninetales, hopefully you are able to Steven into the stealthy hood.
Mawhile plus lavender town is for the green's matchups that don't bench much, you wait until you see some pokes in hand, then drop them on the bench for Omastar to start item locking (you need to see enough to account for mawhile itself). Also lavender town is a bump for labyrinth (and labs if a reshizard deck plays both labs and ninetales).
Lapras gets back your misty's, so that when you play surge misty whitney, you can get back all three and continually get +10 to hand.

Supporter choices not already mentioned: lady and fisherman get you energy but also plus 3 to hand, brock's saves you decking out, and often the last turn is surge brock whitney (drawing the cards you just brocked). Fan club because lapras and spiritomb are difficult to search out otherwise without having items (which are impossible to recover in this build). Tv reporter deletes early whitneys, and misty's because you run 142 supporters in the deck.

Playing fire just to use heat factory, but also opponent's hearth and or heat factory. Could play crystals but again, I can't get back items.

Let me know your thoughts or give it a try, it's not top tier but definitely can win games.

Gonna go ahead and comment on my own deck... because I now believe I was having a run of good luck combined with a low elo from testing things, because the last several games I played on the ladder today pretty consistently left me about one turn short of being able to hit 35, and then if that first Steven gets stamped make that two or three turns short. Alas, it was fun while it lasted but I think the win rate is too low to keep playing it. Maybe if some other stall tactic comes along to buy you those last couple turns, I might pick it back up.

Back