• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Spirit Juggling (Budget Theorycraft)

Jacques Isle

Aspiring Trainer
Hello, all! I'm a new face in town, and I was wondering if anyone could give a critique (maybe a tweak) of this wacky idea I had involving Cofagrigus, Giratina and Exeggcute. I fancy myself a theorycrafter, but my professional game is... well, nil. :p

Pokémon - 18
* 4 Yamask NVI 44
* 4 Cofagrigus LOT 100
* 4 Giratina LOT 97
* 4 Exeggcute PLF 4
* 1 Oranguru UPR 114
* 1 Ditto ◇ LOT 154

Trainer Cards - 34

Supporters - 6
* 4 Professor Juniper BLW 101
* 1 Teammates PRC 141
* 1 Lysandre AOR 78

Items - 24
* 2 Super Rod NVI 95
* 4 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 2 Float Stone PLF 99
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 4 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92

Stadiums - 4
* 4 Sky Field ROS 89

Energy - 8
* 8 Psychic Energy

GIRATINA/EXEGGCUTE
Best to start here. Both of these have an ability which gives them a way to return from the discard. For Giratina, Distortion Door lets it jump onto the bench while doing some damage. Exeggcute's Propogation, meanwhile, brings it back to the hand from which it could go to the bench or be used as discard fodder.

COFAGRIGUS
With all these Pokemon defying the discard, Cofagrigus' Spirit Juggling attack has constant ammo. With a bench of four, it can do 130 per turn. Add in Sky Field, and it can strike for up to 250! With Choice Band, 280! Not even most Tag Teams survive a shot like that.

THE REST
Oranguru serves as a counter to Karen and similar disruptions by allowing me to refresh needed Trainers. Ditto is basically a cheap way to add in another Yamask as getting Cofagrigus out early is crucial. Ultra Ball can help grab whatever is needed, and Battle Compressor helps with milling/filling up Spirit Juggling. Trainer's Mail and VS Seeker help with obtaining Trainers and Supporters. Professor Juniper is super aggressive drawing with an added discarding bonus. Float Stone allows a Pokemon who should not be on the front lines to retreat without wasting precious energy. Super Rod and Rescue Stretcher help pull any Pokemon and Energies back from the discard in case they get knocked out or Juniper'd. Finally, Teammates and Lysandre are good situational cards to help turn the tide.

So, there we go. Bear in mind, this is meant to be a relatively cheap deck and it's not at all meant for professional play. All comments welcome!

As a final note, I'm on a phone with the most ridiculous autocomplete feature ever, so if anything comes out messy or strange please forgive me. I will try to catch and edit it.

Thanks, everyone!

Back