• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Speedy Entei-Emboar

P3DS

UK VGC Regs Champ 2015
I used to be a fan if Night March, but then I found this, and fell in love with the versatility and power of it. Just needs some help in some match ups.

Pokemon

4 Entei (AOR 15)
2 Emboar-EX
3 Shaymin-EX (ROS 106)

Trainers

4 Blacksmith (FLF 88)
2 Lysandre (AOR 78)
1 Professor Sycamore (BKP 107)
1 Shauna (PHF 104)
1 AZ (PHF 117)
1 Hex Maniac (AOR 75)

4 VS Seeker (ROS 110)
4 Ultra Ball (ROS 93)
3 Acro Bike (PCL 122)
3 Muscle Band (XY 121)
3 Fighting Fury Belt (BKP 99)
3 Trainers' Mail (AOR 100)
2 Battle Compressor (PHF 92)
1 Professor's Letter (BKT 146)
1 Eco Arm (AOR 71)
1 Float Stone (BKT 137)

3 Scorched Earth (PCL 138)

Energy

4 Double Colorless Energy (PHF 111)
9 Fire Energy (XY 133)

This deck is very consistent at getting turn 1 DCE+2 Fire Energy on one of my attackers. I chose Emboar over the standard Charizard because it attacks for 1 less on its first attack, and can potentially use its hard hit on consecutive turns.

Cards I never seem to use:
  • Shauna: Although I see why it is here, I never use it. I either am wanting Blacksmith, or Lysandre, and kost draw support is sorted

• Eco Arm: Useful, but not really needed I feel...

• Hex Maniac: added to help with the vileplume matchup, but other than that, it really hurts my flow.

Used to have Max Elixer, and those were really useful for the bench, but IDK for now...

Need Help vs Frogs mainly, and a way to try beat an item lock deck (Seismatoad is kinda alright, but really hurts with weakness). Have considered weakness policy, but not really got room ATM.

Last edited:
whats is the plan against Jolteon EX?

Hex is you answer to Greninja, but still, it's a very unfavourable match up to you, once a Greninja break is set up, it OHKO every attackers and snipe your bench.

Back