• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Speed Metal Potential

sunchris

Baked Potatoes....yum...
Hello! Its been a very long time since the last time I had to come up with a deck for the game. Lets just say the last time I actually competed competitively was around 2013 so I've missed quite a bit of fun and exciting new things that have happened since then. I've been watching videos and playing online to get myself reacquainted but I need some help to maybe streamline and idea that I was brewing while staring over the entire amount of cards in the expanded format that are available. I love the idea of Turbo Dark but the thought of taking an extra turn even if its just 1 extra turn seems so strong. That's where I feel in love with Dialga-GX's Timeless GX attack. Now Sword and Shield is bringing something that I think can help and with the new supporter rule I think it really helps take advantage of going second but I need some help. I've spent some time scouring over cards and streamlining through decklist and I think I have a decent base for one but any input on it would be super.

Pokemon: 15
2 Bronzor TEU 100
2 Bronzong PR-XY XY21
1 Cobalion-GX TEU 106
3 Dialga-GX FLI 82
2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
2 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
1 Jirachi-EX PLB 60
1 Mawile-GX UNM 141
1 Dusk Mane Necrozma PR-SM SM107

Trainer: 29
3 Professor Juniper BLW 101
1 N NVI 101
1 Guzma BUS 115
4 VS Seeker PHF 109
4 Ultra Ball PLB 90
2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
4 Max Elixir BKP 102
1 Great Catcher CEC 192
1 Field Blower GRI 125
1 Cherish Ball UNM 191
2 Float Stone BKT 137
2 Sky Field ROS 89
1 Dowsing Machine PLS 128
2 Switch BLW 104
4 Metal Saucer SWSH 170

Energy: 12
4 Double Colorless Energy EVO 90
8 Metal Energy 8

The Key Cards:
Dialga-GX-FLI-82.jpg

Bronzor-TEU-100.jpg
Bronzong-PR-XY-XY21.jpg

037724_T_METARUSOSA.jpg

#170 Metal Saucer – Trainer
Item

Attach a [M] Energy card from your discard pile to 1 of your Benched [M] Pokemon.

Like I said in the intro the point of the deck is to speed out to the Diagla's GX's Timeless attack on the first turn, which with the new rule's set means going second in the every game and taking 2 turns in a row. I haven't fully played with the deck as I'm still gathering peices but I don't even know if the supporting cards are worth putting into the deck. Should I try to find something different to try and abuse or is there better supporting cards that can go along with these specific. Like I said I need help and am willing to take some. There's a lot of cards for me to look at and am willing to try quite a bit before settling. Thank you in advance.

Nyora

A Cat
Bronzong w/out Jasmine seems really bad, tbh. I think the biggest advantage of Metal going into the new format is that it is probably one of the best decks set for going first due to Zacian V, which are absolutely necessary. I would just dump the Bronzongs and rely on manual attachments, Metal Saucer, Max Elixir, and occasionally Intrepid Sword for your energy acceleration. You definitely need Dhelmise, 2-3, in order to KO Tag Teams, where 2 is needed in case of ADP, Nagalord, or for whatever reason Sabletar. Along with this, multiple Choice Band copies, 2-3. Multiple copies of Field Blower I personally think is a good idea given this deck is not very fond of Garbodor and Silent Lab whatsoever. As for Stadium of choice, I think Sky Field works if you plan to have other attackers or such, or maybe some weird stuff idk. But Power Plant seems like a good way to go, or Chaotic Swell. Cobalion-GX seems just really good in here, stopping Dead End GX, the occasional Raticate, and Shock Lock if they don’t have Alolan Muk up yet.

As for more weird stuff, Metal Core Barrier could actually be useful at times, since you’d now need 290 just to OHKO it. I don’t think this will be a good idea due to Field Blower, but it could still work anyways. I think 1 Oranguru should be going in most decks as an anti-Marnie, as you can put a draw supporter on top of your deck in case someone plays Marnie on you as Marnie does not shuffle your deck, meaning if you do this you’re going to get a draw supporter. With Intrepid Sword, you can also get a bit risky and not care about Marnie in exchange for using Oranguru’s Ability to put a Metal Energy on top and attach it with Intrepid Sword.

sunchris

Baked Potatoes....yum...
I'll be a little honest. I may have just completely glanced over Jasmine when looking over the list. With over 900+ trainers and supporters and having been away for quite a while I knew I was gonna miss a few things. I kinda just took from the turbo dark lists that have been running around lately and tried to amend that to metal but I do agree on the Zacian V being really good and most likely the better way to go. Also just realized that Metal Frying Pan is pretty good too....I've missed so much. Was thinking of going with Frying Pan instead of Core Barrier because of its effect of removing the weakness too. The Sky Field was sort of a setup for Mawile GX if I ever needed to setup an additional attacker. Her ability to disrupt other Dedenne or Shaymin effects during your turn while potentially having the chance to deal 250 damage seemed nice but yeah I can see where another type of stadium could definitely better. The list was mostly just to get started. I wasn't fully set on the Bronzong line but I really wanted to take full advantage of going second in a meta where going second could be quite a big deal.

Nyora

A Cat
I'll be a little honest. I may have just completely glanced over Jasmine when looking over the list. With over 900+ trainers and supporters and having been away for quite a while I knew I was gonna miss a few things. I kinda just took from the turbo dark lists that have been running around lately and tried to amend that to metal but I do agree on the Zacian V being really good and most likely the better way to go. Also just realized that Metal Frying Pan is pretty good too....I've missed so much. Was thinking of going with Frying Pan instead of Core Barrier because of its effect of removing the weakness too. The Sky Field was sort of a setup for Mawile GX if I ever needed to setup an additional attacker. Her ability to disrupt other Dedenne or Shaymin effects during your turn while potentially having the chance to deal 250 damage seemed nice but yeah I can see where another type of stadium could definitely better. The list was mostly just to get started. I wasn't fully set on the Bronzong line but I really wanted to take full advantage of going second in a meta where going second could be quite a big deal.
Weakness is not super relevant at the moment unless Victini V proves itself to be good in expanded, though I seriously doubt that will happen as barely any Mewtwo & Mew GX decks play M Mewtwo EX or Gardevoir GX, which have both super similar attacks. Choice Band is generally better as you can KO Tag Teams with it and 1-2 Dhelmise (exclduing like Magilord and Birds). Metal Core Barrier also has the advantage of removing itself, letting you attach say a Float Stone or Choice Band the next turn if you happen to need it, as well as reducing a much more significant amount of damage. Mawile actually sounds really interesting, given people are running more counts of Shaymin EX, Dedenne GX, and whatever else that activates from hand. For the same reason in Sky Field, it's attack has the potential to be useful too. And for 2 Energy on a 2 Prizer, that's not bad. I believe that because going second is such a big deal, it's actually not a super great idea to build your deck around going 2nd because every other deck already does that. Rather, building around around surviving T1 is better.

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
If you have a sky field in play, people will just play the shaymin/dede so I don't see the point of mawile.

Also, I feel like a ninja boy would be really strong so you can switch into an actually good pokemon after the timeless.
You can battle compressor/vs seeker it into hand easily and would make it so you don't have to power up a second attacker.
Computer search over dowsing machine, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nyora

A Cat
If you have a sky field in play, people will just play the shaymin/dede so I don't see the point of mawile.
Turn 1 exists, and they may not always play it if they have already used Dedechange or want to wait to use Set Up or Dedechange for whatever reason.

Ninja Boy is an interesting addition, though imo Timeless is just bad. The damage is way too low. I'd rather play Lucametal or ADP over that.

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
Turn 1 exists, and they may not always play it if they have already used Dedechange or want to wait to use Set Up or Dedechange for whatever reason.

Ninja Boy is an interesting addition, though imo Timeless is just bad. The damage is way too low. I'd rather play Lucametal or ADP over that.
ig I thought we were building a deck around timeless tho. It seems like a OHKO on basically anything because you do 150+220 (how much does zacian do?) and then after that you just guzma 2 times for game, all with non tag team attackers. You could even ko a shaymin with timeless (or dede with a dhelmise) and then another gx with zacian after that, leaving you at 2 prizes after (basically) turn 2.
I see the point of mawile on turn 1, too.

Mora

Don't Panic
I'm in the same boat as you, OP. I used to be competitive, and now I'm a returning player (mostly due to the lock downs) who's taking a look at Metal in Expanded. Before I stopped playing, I had a decent Bronzong list on ptcgo that I've been trying to rehabilitate into the current Expanded format. It's got Bronzongs, and it's consistent if you still want to play Bronzong. My problem has been the attackers. I've been playing it with Aegislash EX and Heatran. They were sufficient in the previous format; not so much now. So I'm still working on that, but here's the engine my deck uses:

4-4 Bronzong
2 Shaymin EX
3 Juniper
2 N
2 Jasmine
1 Colress
4 VS Seeker
3 Level Ball
3 Ultra Ball
2 Battle Compressor
1 Computer Search

This should get you the turn one Jasmine pretty consistently, given you go second of course. 4-4 Bronzong is sort of a must. Maybe 4-3 or 3-3 if you're short on space, but I wouldn't go any lower than that. The 3-3 Ball Engine might be overkill with Jasmine, but I was worried about not going second and still needing to set up.