• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Speed Lugia

Mora

Don't Panic
Pokemon (9)
  • 3 Lugia EX
  • 4 Deoxys EX
  • 1 Thundurus EX
  • 1 Genesect EX
  • 1 Snorlax (+1)
Trainers (39)
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 3 N
  • 2 Colress
  • 1 Skyla (-1)
  • 1 Shadow Triad (-1)
  • 4 Colress Machine
  • 4 Muscle Band (+4)
  • 3 Bicycle (-1)
  • 3 Escape Rope (+1)
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Frozen City
  • 2 Random Receiver (+1)
  • 2 Tool Scrapper
  • 1 Max Potion
  • 1 Scramble Switch
  • 1 Team Plasma Ball
  • 1 Tropical Beach
Energy (12)
  • 4 Plasma Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 4 Prism Energy

Strategy
I wanted to make this a Quad Lugia style deck, but with all of the Plasma support, it isn't much of a quad. The idea is to outspeed your opponent and only attack 3-4 turns in order to take all of your prizes. Deoxys is there to one shot Stage 2's like Empoleon, Thundurus is to recover Plasma Energies, and Genesect is in here solely for Red Signal.

Mora

Don't Panic
I hate starting with Colress, but after playing a few games with this, I think you may be right. I'll change it in the OP.

Mora

Don't Panic
But Skyla isn't draw. I had 3, but then I swapped one for another N because I needed to draw, and I kept having to Juniper away Plasma Energies. I'll try Computer Search because it would be nice to search out DCE's, but other than that, I like the Scramble Switch Max Potion combo.

Conzipe

Aspiring Trainer
Quite an interesting build. My main complaint would be that there is no way to even put up a fight against pokémon with safeguard.

Mora

Don't Panic
Yeah. That's why I've got Catcher and Genesect. Unless it's Quad Sigilyph, which for now is a bad meta call, I can Catcher around it. With Lugia taking extra prizes, I'm hoping it will be enough.

Conzipe

Aspiring Trainer
You only have 2 Catcher which only works 50% of the time and Genesect EX is not as convenient as it might seem in theory. Especially since you really would need to take prices with Lugia in this kind of situation which requires a lot of plasma energy to continually attack.

Also there is the problem if the opponent always having something benched that you can take a price on. If you're forced to use/discard scramble switch early on the opponent might very well be content with just leaving a single Sigilyph/Suicune active without having to fear a surprise Non-EX + Scramble Switch drop.

Mora

Don't Panic
But that isn't smart because then if I did have an answer to Sigilyph, they would just lose a game where they otherwise could have actually played the game and might have gotten a win. I see the value of having a solid answer to Safeguard; I just don't think it's worth the space.

Theoretically, I'm bound to get a heads off of one Catcher. And on top of that, I can Red Signal and not worry about running out of Plasma Energies because of Scramble Switch after a Red Signal or two.

Mora

Don't Panic
I guess this does need something as a seventh prize. I'll try it with Absol since I only have four non Colorless Energy, but what should I take out if I were to do that.

Conzipe

Aspiring Trainer
If I saw my opponent desperately digging through the deck for catchers and plasma energy to get around my sigilyph/suicune instead of benching a non-EX attacker I would probably start to think that it's either priced or they might not even play an out to safeguard. Not necessarily making it a bad idea to just keep the lone Sigilyph/Suicune active, especially since I may just loose anyway if I bench something else.

The tricky part about taking prices with Lugia while using Genesect as a catcher is that you need to get rather fortunate with drawing Plasma Energy while you already have some attached to Lugia to attack. Whenever you catcher something it really has pay off for this kind of strategy to work.

Luckily safeguard pokémon is not super common in today's meta, so it's reasonable to play without an out to them. However I certainly do think you would be likely to loose whenever being up against one.

Mora

Don't Panic
That's taking a very large risk when it is unnecessary to do so. You might actually win the game if you just played the game. You also wouldn't realize that I don't have an answer to Safeguard before you benched enough stuff for the Catcher strategy to be possible. I wouldn't be putting anything to get around Safeguard directly, however the seventh prize rule was mentioned, and I think it might be nice to throw up something Active that will be irrelevant in the prize trade, so I'll consider it.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Following are some thoughts for your consideration:
  • Thundurus EX is (IMHO) an integral component of the deck, especially in the mid-game stage when you might need to re-powerup your benched Lugias. If your sole Thundurus EX is prized, you may be at a disadvantage with only manual energy attachment. I would recommend adding another Thundurus EX.
  • Secondly, have you found that the 4 Prism energy is sufficient? With no other L energy, I'd suggest swapping the Scramble Switch (which I truly love to play in a deck like this) for a Computer Search.
  • Between Red Signal and Plasma Gale, your usage of Plasma energy may be fast. So, I'd suggesst replacing a Tool Scrapper for another Shadow Triad (especially since you will need to 2HKO many Poké).
  • Lastly, have you considered running Scoop Up Cyclone as your ACE Spec? It makes your Genesect EX much more versatile...
I hope you find these comments helpful.

Mora

Don't Panic
TuxedoBlack said:
Following are some thoughts for your consideration:
  • Thundurus EX is (IMHO) an integral component of the deck, especially in the mid-game stage when you might need to re-powerup your benched Lugias. If your sole Thundurus EX is prized, you may be at a disadvantage with only manual energy attachment. I would recommend adding another Thundurus EX.
  • Secondly, have you found that the 4 Prism energy is sufficient? With no other L energy, I'd suggest swapping the Scramble Switch (which I truly love to play in a deck like this) for a Computer Search.
  • Between Red Signal and Plasma Gale, your usage of Plasma energy may be fast. So, I'd suggesst replacing a Tool Scrapper for another Shadow Triad (especially since you will need to 2HKO many Poké).
I hope you find these comments helpful.

This deck was supposed to be just Lugia. I initially only had a Thundurus for late game Plasma recovery, but I actually started with Thundurus the other day and loved it. It's acceleration, and it sets up KO's for Lugia on EX's for three prizes. I'll bump it up to two at least until Muscle Band comes out. Then I don't think I'll need Thundurus at all.

I haven't been in need of Lightning Energy because the focus was Lugia and Thundurus was just so that I didn't run out of Plasma Energies, but if I were to try to start with Thundurus, that might change.

I did take something out for another Shadow Triad, I just can't remember what at the moment. But I agree.

Mora

Don't Panic
Something's not working. I think it needs better draw, and I definitely want 4 Catcher, so I've been thinking about doing this:

-2 Skyla
-1 Shadow Triad
-1 Bicycle
+2 Catcher
+2 Random Receiver

Thoughts?

Mora

Don't Panic
archangeljuicy said:
or use the promo landorus(plasma) b/w 79 I think for darkrai and thundurus

Where are you even suppose to get those besides trading?