• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Speed Lugia: Gatorade.dec

Kalyst

Aspiring Trainer
Experience: Intermediate/Veteran

Pokemon-13
  • 3 Pumpkaboo
  • 3 Gourgeist
  • 3 Lugia EX
  • 4 Deoxys EX

Trainers-32
  • 3 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 2 Shauna
  • 1 Shadow Triad
  • 4 Bicycle
  • 2 Roller Skates
  • 1 Random Receiver
  • 3 Team Plasma Ball
  • 1 Level Ball
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Colress Machine
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 1 Tool Scrapper
  • Computer Search
  • 1 Professor's Letter

Energy-12
  • 4 DCE
  • 4 Plasma
  • 4 Psychic

Strategy
Simple-speed though the deck as much as possible, grabbing Deoxys, Muscle Bands and Colress machines to power up Lugia while you charge up a pumpkin. Gor is there to place damage on everything to get Pokemon into KO range if set-up is slow and bypasses Mime. After the Pumpkins die, come in with a charged up Lugia and sweep.

I've loved speed Lugia and always tried to make it work, but with Trev and Silver Mirrors, I'm worried I could get outpaced even with the amount of draw I have in the deck. Garbo sucks still, but if Gor get's off enough, I think It'll just die naturally from damage placement. Obviously, deck gets completely whacked on by a Dragonite/Reuniclus/Garbo but I don't know how popular that will be. Will go more in-depth with strategy when I have time-post any thoughts/comments/suggestions!

Card Choices:

Pumpkins: I despised Six Feet Under Coffagrigus as the solution to get the damage needed for Lugia to OHKO this bypasses Silver Mirrors so I don't get stalled and bypasses Mime which is just great! And for a single Psychic energy its just even more all kinds of wrong.

Considerations-

(-)Roller Skates: Flip for draw is still not the optimal solution, and if I were to drop these Id probably add another Shauna and a Tool Scrapper to make my Garbo or Silver Mirror match-up better or adding another float stone or Escape Rope
(-) 1 Less Deoxys EX-I feel like it sometimes might be overkill, and yet when it comes to pumpkins not coming up or being stuck having to sacrifice a Lugia to charge one up, having the extra damage is so key in my numbers game. A 4 Deoxys bench + Band is the magic 180 damage rule on OHKO all normal EXs in the format.

Hi Kalyst,

Looks nice. Consider these modifications:

- 1 Deoxy Ex (not the best starter)
- 1 Level Ball (the deck has Ultra Ball)
- 2 Roller Skate (dislike the coin flip here)

+ 2 Frozen City (works with the theme)
+ 1 Tool Scrapper (reliance on Lugia)
+ 1 Shauna (better than most think)

The rest looks fine to me. Best luck with the deck :).

When you started playtesting your deck, have you found that you can access needed energy when you want and you can get Lugia EX powered up "fast enough?" It's been a looooong time since we've had a Basic and its evolution Poké that are both good. Gourgeist seems to have some real promise as a viable Poké in decks.

By the way, you might also want to consider a strategy against Darkrai EX decks - which will wreak havoc upon Gourgeist.

Back