• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Speed Lugia EX Toolbox (Lugia EX / Deoxys EX / Eevee)

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Here is the deck I plan to use for Cities.
Pokemon: (13)

• x3 Lugia EX LT/PLS
    x2 Eevee Energy Evo
    x2 Leafeon PLF (For opposing Seismitoad EXs)
    x1 Glaceon PLF (Pyroar)
    x4 Deoxys EX PLF
    x1 Seismitoad EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: (34)

• x4 Professor Juniper
    x3 N
    x1 Shauna
    x2 Colress
    x2 Lysandre
    x1 Trump Card
    x1 Shadow Triad
    x1 Skyla

x1 Comp Search
    x2 Bicycle
    x3 Colress Machine
    x2 Switch
    x1 Target Whistle
    x3 Team Plasma Ball
    x2 VS Seeker
    x2 Plasma Frigate
    x3 Muscle Band
Energy: (13)

• x4 DCE
    x4 Plasma
    x3 Water
    x2 Psychic

Strategy:
I want to build a speed Lugia EX with Seismitoad EX but I also want to add in meta game counters and Deoxys EX. I think running 1-2 copts of Seismitoad Ex is great against other Seismitoad EX decks that give this deck trouble. While, I am slowing them down, I can build up 1-2 Lugias. I now have a list that has Lugia EX, Leafeon, Deoxys EX and Seismitoad EX. The strategy is the same as a normal speed Lugia EX deck, but using others to help against certain popular deck. Leafeon for Seismitoad EX. I also added 1 Glaceon PLF to help against Pyroar and it is also nice to give my Plasma Pokemon free retreat incase of a Lysandre trap.

Any help is appreciated! :)

RE: Seismitoad EX / Lugia EX / Eevee Evos

Most people are probably going to tell you to take out the Victini and Victory Piece, but I've been thinking about that as an option in several of my decks. Haven't tested it for this format yet, but back when it was BLW-PLS, I played a Victini Toolbox deck with very much success, and I know for a fact against VirGen that if you can get Victini attacking turn one or two (depending on whether or not you go first), you just destroy them. You should be able to take at least take two prizes right of the bat with it before they Megaphone your Ace Spec away. This probably holds true for Metal decks as well as I don't think they're any faster than VirGen.

Other than that, I think you could afford to swap the Shauna with another Colress because you have plenty of Pokemon you could Bench, so most of the time I think you could get sufficient draws off of it. I can't offer much other advice because I haven't exactly played with this idea, but I think maybe it could work. Feels weird playing Lugia without Deoxys, but you have Seismitoad to soften up the Defending Pokemon while you set up Lugia, so I can see the synergy.

If you do end up taking out the Victini tech, you might could make your Ace Spec Scramble Switch to get the DCE off of Seismitoad for Plasma Gale. Just a thought.

Yea, I feel Victini EX is underrated. It isn't hard to get out. It only needs Victory Piece (Skyla can get it) and itself to start hitting Metal Decks and VirGen for 200 per turn (before startling Megaphone).

I was thinking of using Deoxys EX, but not sure what to take out for it. Maybe I will scrap the Seismitoad EX idea and run a Lugia EX toolbox.

Any ideas on this matter?

The deck is definatly interesting. I would recomend adding in another Victini EX, Fire energy for the off chance Victory piece is prized. I would also add in Lysandres trump card to get back plasma energy after using plasma gale. I also think you should either just run a 2-2 leafeon line or 2-2- Glacion line becuse it would be difficult to get the one you need for the right situation. I would go plasma frigate over frozen city because Manectric EX, and Vir/ Gen are popular right now.

Ironman131 said:
The deck is definatly interesting. I would recomend adding in another Victini EX, Fire energy for the off chance Victory piece is prized. I would also add in Lysandres trump card to get back plasma energy after using plasma gale. I also think you should either just run a 2-2 leafeon line or 2-2- Glacion line becuse it would be difficult to get the one you need for the right situation. I would go plasma frigate over frozen city because Manectric EX, and Vir/ Gen are popular right now.

Made more edits, thanks for your help.

Ironman131 said:
Yeah no problem, have you tested the deck much.

I actually haven't. Thought of this idea just yesterday and now trying to get the cards in PTCGO and IRL.

Ok it seems like a good idea, I might have to make the deck online and test it out.

Ironman131 said:
I liked the deck with more seismitoad EX.
Ok but when I add it I don't seem to have enough room for 4 Deoxys EX, which is needed for OHKOs. There are already the Eevee evo line and Victini EX.

I am just really stumped how to construct this deck that isn't cluttered, still consistent, and has all around good match ups.

Personally, I am not a fan of any "low" HP EX Poké like Victini EX. I just believe the risk-to-reward proposition does not justify utilizing this Poké in my decks, at least. PlF Flareon can sufficiently fulfill the roll of counter to Pyroar and Metal decks. Also, let's not forget that PlF Leafeon can also be used as a counter to any deck that "stockpiles" energy like VirGen too.

My version of this list consists of the following:

4 Deoxys EX
2 Eevee (SoE)
1 Glaceon (PlF)
2 Kyurem (PlF)
2 Leafeon (PlF) (or 1 and 1 Flareon (PlF))
3 Lugia EX
1 Thundurus EX
- - 15 - -

3 Bicycle
2 Colress
3 C Machine
1 C Search
2 Lysandre
4 N
2 Plasma Frigate
1 Pokémon Fan Club
3 P Juniper
1 P Letter
2 Shadow Triad
1 Startling Megaphone
2 TP Ball
1 Ultra Ball
2 VS Seeker
- - 30 - -

3 DC
1 L
4 Plasma
2 P
3 Rainbow
2 W
- - 15 - -

This is a typical "go first" deck if possible in order to get through as many Items (lke the Bicycles) as soon as possible in order to set your side of the board in anticipation of your opponent's deck. Thereafter, you setup your Lugia EXs for 2-prize or 3-Prize 2nd HKOs.

Btw, I plan to incorporate Target Whistle into this deck too. TWs has become Lugia EX's new best friend... Lol.

Target Whistle for the purpose of bringing a low HP EX out of their discard pile and Lysandre it up?

That sounds extremely effective.

This is actually really interesting. I'm running Speed Lugia too for Cities, but without Eeveelutions/Victini.
It does look like you found room for everything though. I'm not a big fan of Trump Card, because you almost always end up giving your opponent valuable resources. I prefer using Thundurus EX to get Plasma Energy onto your attackers. I think it's also pretty overkill to use 3 Plasma Frigate. I guess you could run 1 as a counterstadium, but I don't think it's worth it in this deck.
I think running Eeveelutions in this is a really cool idea though.
-1 Trump Card
-3 Frigate
+2 Thundurus
+2 Ultra Ball (For getting energy in the discard pile and to get out Victini)

Edit: and for playtesting, try out tcgone. It's an online simulator where you can use any cards you want.

yorepoor said:
This is actually really interesting. I'm running Speed Lugia too for Cities, but without Eeveelutions/Victini.
It does look like you found room for everything though. I'm not a big fan of Trump Card, because you almost always end up giving your opponent valuable resources. I prefer using Thundurus EX to get Plasma Energy onto your attackers. I think it's also pretty overkill to use 3 Plasma Frigate. I guess you could run 1 as a counterstadium, but I don't think it's worth it in this deck.
-1 Trump Card
-3 Frigate
+2 Thundurus

Edit: and for playtesting, try out tcgone. It's an online simulator where you can use any cards you want.

Frigate is great against Manectric EXs, which can easily OHKO Lugia EXs. I don't like is Thundurus EX because you have to spend a turn attacking to get a only one energy out of the discard. (Mainly Plasma Energy) So I have Shadow Triad to get that back or a Deoxys EX/ Lugia EX if I need one. I will try to fit two in because it is really effective for that. At the same time, I have VS Seeker to get the Triad back in my hand. I will make these changes:
Victini EX isn't always needed so I will still have just one Ultra Ball.

-1 Trump Card

+1 Triad

Gengar master said:
Target Whistle for the purpose of bringing a low HP EX out of their discard pile and Lysandre it up?

Shhhhh... especially when you KO an opponent's Jirachi EX twice in 2 turns. Rlol.

Can you really spare the Scramble Switch for your Victini tech though? Lugia is one of those decks that has a staple ACE-spec because it's just so ridiculously effective. I'd try Latias instead and hit VirGen with something slower. Both of them have abilities, so the only thing in the average VirGen you need to fear is their ACE-spec, which goes down with a Smega. Latias also covers Pyroar which means you probably don't need Water energy. Rainbow = win.

In my Lugia I only run 7 Pokemon. It's probably the most consistent line. 2 Lugia, 4 Deo, 1 Latias. But that's just me.

Gengar master said:
yorepoor said:
-1 Trump Card
-3 Frigate
+2 Thundurus

Frigate is great against Manectric EXs, which can easily OHKO Lugia EXs. I don't like is Thundurus EX because you have to spend a turn attacking to get a only one energy out of the discard. (Mainly Plasma Energy) So I have Shadow Triad to get that back or a Deoxys EX/ Lugia EX if I need one. I will try to fit two in because it is really effective for that. At the same time, I have VS Seeker to get the Triad back in my hand. I will make these changes:
Victini EX isn't always needed so I will still have just one Ultra Ball.

-1 Trump Card

+1 Triad
Guess Thundurus or naw depends on your opinion. It's true it isn't the fast energy retriever this deck really needs. Frigate for Manectric kinda makes sense.
Not sure if Triad is good in Speed Lugia. It's easy to say Triad is a staple for every Plasma Deck, but make sure to test a lot and make sure it's right. Needing to waste both your supporter for the turn (if you want to get fast KOs you need to draw cards every turn) and your energy for the turn just to get back a Plasma Energy is not the fast pace you may want for this deck.
Oh and you may want to consider Latias EX. It wrecks both metal and pyroar.

TuxedoBlack said:
Gengar master said:

Shhhhh... especially when you KO an opponent's Jirachi EX twice in 2 turns. Rlol.

*Metal vs Plasma*
T1 Aegislash stall, Juniper to discard Jirachi
T1 Whistle Lysandre CM CM DCE Gale
T2 Turn skip
T2 Whistle Lysandre CM Gale

table-flipping-dude.jpg

I think Triad is good for the deck because it makes it really easy to do back to back Plasma Gales. All if you have to do is play it to get the Plasma Energy and you can Plasma Gale again.

I will look into Latias EX. Seems like a great card for the purposes I want it for.

Going to add target whistle for sure.

Back