• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Speed Heatmor (Heatmor / Fire Energy)

buckygamgee

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• Hearmor - 4
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• Skylar - 3
    Ultra ball - 4
    Pokemon Fan Club - 1
    Random Receiver - 1
    Blacksmiths - 4
    Super Rod - 2
    Silver Bangle - 2
Energy:

• Fire Energy - 39

Strategy:
This deck is all about getting out a heatmor to use fiery licks to kill 90% of all Pokemon. I added the victini EX to use turbo Energize to set up one of my heatmors. I also have the Victory Piece because y wouldn't you have one in your deck because you can use both attacks with no need for energy. The Random Receiver will help get out the Skyla and the Pokemon fan club. Added one mew EX as is can use any attack with the right energy, and its also another Pokemon to add to my deck. I'm thinking of using this deck at the United States National Pokemon TCG Tournament.

RE: Speed Heatmor for Nationals

Instead of using Victini EX for acceleration use Ultra Balls and Blacksmith. That speed man. Get your bars up.

RE: Speed Heatmor for Nationals

I really would have considered 4 blacksmith over ether and 4 ultra ball over level ball and fan club, blacksmith for the engine as heatmor has a lot of energy to get the attacks rolling and 2 victini against something like yveltal, raichu, kyurem, buffo, etc which will see a lot of nats play is a very dangerous risk.

RE: Speed Heatmor

When I practice with myself I get a pokemon about every 4 times. When I was playing my friend yesterday, we played like 6 games and only once did I not get a pokemon. I can get one set up turn to if I get a heatmor and an ether because I attach an energy turn one, then turn two, attach another energy and rather for the third one. I'm going to take out the victinis and the victory Piece and add the black smith. I will not be adding anymore Pokemon fan club because then I can use one of the supporters and if I have a level ball in my hand, I can still use it. I will let you know how this works out.

To be honest, I don't see the point of Mew EX. I have never tried any deck like this but I feel like living with the fact that you're going to mulligan a lot and just playing 4 Heatmor, no Mew or Victini, Blacksmith / Ultra Balls for acceleration, a Super Rod or two to recover your Heatmor (and if you don't need to recover Heatmor you can just throw more Fire Energy back in the deck to increase your odds of hitting them with Fiery Licks), and Silver Bangle so you only need to hit 3 fire energy to KO Pokémon-EX (and even if you run into Megas, you could OHKO them with Bangle if you hit 4 Fire Energy) would be a better way to go. Maybe run a couple Skyla if you think you need them to grab the Bangles, Ultra Balls or whatever.

I personally would scrap the Trainers other than Skyla and Random Receiver, scrap Victini and Mew, replace them with 4 Ultra Ball, 4 Blacksmith, 1-2 Super Rod, 2-3 Silver Bangle. Maybe go down to 2 Skyla, maybe stay at 3. Fill the rest up with Fire Energy (you'll get somewhere from 39-42, I believe). Yes, you'll mulligan a ton with no Basics but your 4 Heatmor, but it's better than running fragile Pokémon-EX and needing to hit all 4 Fire Energy to OHKO any Darkrais, Yveltals, Mewtwos, etc. etc.

Like I said, that's just theory though because I've never tried any deck like this out. At minimum though, you gotta use Ultra Balls and Blacksmiths - much faster than Ethers (you could use both and have a backup plan if you have space, but yeah... definitely play Blacksmiths)

I don't know who wrote on my post but with ethers can get me set up turn two, but with blacksmiths you would have to wait until turn 3 to attack because you wouldn't have any fire Energy in the discard pile on turn one or two. And I don't see a need for ultra ball because you have level balls to get then out. And by using fiery lick will get fire in the discard pile to use level ball. Wouldn't a revive be better because then it comes back to my hand instead of 3 to my deck from a super rod for when you really need another pokemon.

I have updated my first post with what I have at the moment in my deck.

buckygamgee said:
I don't know who wrote on my post but with ethers can get me set up turn two, but with blacksmiths you would have to wait until turn 3 to attack because you wouldn't have any fire Energy in the discard pile on turn one or two. And I don't see a need for ultra ball because you have level balls to get then out. And by using fiery lick will get fire in the discard pile to use level ball. Wouldn't a revive be better because then it comes back to my hand instead of 3 to my deck from a super rod for when you really need another pokemon

I have updated my first post with what I have at the moment in my deck.

The point of Ultra Ball would be to discard Fire Energy for the Blacksmiths so that there is Fire Energy in the discard pile on turn 1/2. You could get 3 Energy on Turn 1 with Ultra Ball + Blacksmith instead of Level Ball + Ether.

Revive might be better when you really need a Pokémon, but gives you less options, with Super Rod you can put energy back into your deck to make it more likely you discard some with your attack.

@Bowlerdude
That is an excellent idea to combine the ultra balls with blacksmiths.

Also, I wonder if decking out might be a problem with this deck? Taking into considerating you discard 4 cards from your deck every time you attack

What would you say if I added 2 silver bangles to help knock out an ex pokemon with 180 hp and this will also allows me to knock out a mega pokemon in one swing?

I played reshiram black smith and on my first turn and hit for 180, it doesn't take X amount of turns, It's availability is based off of your decks consistency.

Ultra ball should be 4, blacksmith should be 4, ether is a risk because unlike blacksmith it is pure luck where as blacksmith is consistency, I would diffently add a bench draw support option such as delphox or electrode.

Back