• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Speed Darkrai for Spring Regionals

Gible06

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:
  • 3 Darkrai EX(bp)
  • 1 Darkrai EX (dex)
  • 2 Yveltal (gen)
  • 1 Yveltal EX
  • 2 Shaymin EX
  • 1 Keldeo EX

Trainers:
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Battle Compressor
  • 4 Max Elixar
  • 4 Dark Patch
  • 2 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 1 Float Stone
  • 1 Dowsing Machine (maybe computer search)
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Giovanni's Scheme
  • 1 N
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Reverse Valley

Energy:
  • 12 Dark Energy

Strategy: this is my Darkrai speed deck for spring regionals (without fates collide) I'm considering buying computer search for this deck but not sure. Any ways the basic idea is to Los up energy in the bench and swing with dark pulse for big damage. I'm considering this or my Toad/Tina deck, any help with making this list better and choosing between this and Toad/Tina is appreciated!

Following are some comments for your consideration:
  • Only 59 cards are listed - good news - 1 more card can be added.
  • 1 Stadium is woefully insufficient.
  • To have an "explosive" first turn, 4 Trainer's Mail nor 4 Battle Compressor are critical; both can be reduced to 3 without significantly impacting consistency.
Suggested deck changes:

-1 Battle Compressor
-1 Trainer's Mail

+1 Fighting Fury Belt
+2 Reverse Valley

Why no Yveltal (BKT)?

For this particular deck version, I prefer running Dowsing Machine vs. Computer Search since I'm thinning my deck out a lot T1 and I have no need to "search" for anything (e.g., DCE) that I can't get with either an Ultra Ball or VS Seeker.

Lastly IMO, ToadTina requires much more Special energy (which can be removed a few ways); adding a Basic energy attachment acceleration engine to ToadTina would impede setup consistency; other cards would be needed (e.g., Smeargle) which increases more bench risks (i.e., could you really run this deck efficiently without the extra card(s) needed?); and you'll increase your setup risks much more should your opponent Item-lock you T1 (unlike in this deck, Yveltal (XY) can provide some energy attachment acceleration despite being Item-locked).

I hope you find these comments helpful.

I just hate starting with yveltal from break through, just personal opinion.
This is why you generally run a couple Darkrai-EX from DEX. He will most of the time have a free retreat, his utilities become more useful in the mid to late game. On that note I have had Yveltal BT on my first turn and go Elixir into compressor into dark patch and already smacking something for 60 and generally hitting one of their ex pokemon for another 60. When this happens you are putting quite a ridiculous clock on their pokemon. Retreating their pokemon with their one or two of float stones get shut down by his ability too.

Pokemon:
  • 3 Darkrai EX(bp)
  • 1 Darkrai EX (dex)
  • 2 Yveltal (gen)
  • 1 Yveltal EX
  • 2 Shaymin EX
  • 1 Keldeo EX

Trainers:
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Battle Compressor
  • 4 Max Elixar
  • 4 Dark Patch
  • 2 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 1 Float Stone
  • 1 Dowsing Machine (maybe computer search)
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Giovanni's Scheme
  • 1 N
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Reverse Valley

Energy:
  • 12 Dark Energy

Strategy: this is my Darkrai speed deck for spring regionals (without fates collide) I'm considering buying computer search for this deck but not sure. Any ways the basic idea is to Los up energy in the bench and swing with dark pulse for big damage. I'm considering this or my Toad/Tina deck, any help with making this list better and choosing between this and Toad/Tina is appreciated!
I think you might want to run a Mewtwo EX NXD to deal with Gallade. You don't need Giovanni's, or 4 Compressor, unless you're running Maxie's. Cut 2 Battle Compressor, the Yveltal EX, and the Giovanni's for a Mewtwo EX, an Yveltal BKT, and a 2nd Reverse Valley.

How could I fit in a zoroark into this deck for Jolteon ex?
I think this is all comes down to your ability to read the state of the metagame in your area. This deck is weak to Jolteon, however Jolteon is currently no prevalent in the format. It loses hard to a handful of decks. the way you would really want to deal with it is maxie's and gallade as gallade can just one hit him because of the weakness and the other condition of his attack. Every deck will have a bad match up or two, it comes down to how everything runs for you during the tournament and how the metagame is playing out currently.

How could I change this deck into a Maxie's gallade deck?

You literally just play a couple Maxie's Secret Ball Trick and a couple Gallades from BRT, To make it consistent to get Gallade to come out you got to make sure you can rip through your deck and get your hand size down to one with just a maxie's in it or a vs seeker with maxie in the discard as well as Gallade in the discard too.

Back