• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Speed Darkrai-EX / Yveltal-EX

xTITAN

Training Aspirer
Pokémon:
  • 3 Yveltal XY
  • 2 Darkrai-EX BKP
  • 2 Darkrai-EX DEX
  • 2 Yveltal-EX XY
  • 2 Shaymin-EX ROS
  • 1 Hoopa-EX AOR
  • 1 Keldeo-EX LTR
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 3 Shauna
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 4 Dark Patch
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 3 Max Elixer
  • 2 Escape Rope
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 2 Reverse Valley
  • 1 Scoop Up Cyclone
Energy:
  • 11 Darkness Energy
  • 2 Double Colorless Energy
Strategy:

Get Energy on to Pokémon fast, and attack with Darkrai-EX BKP and Yveltal-EX.
Baby Yveltal is preferred starter, get Energy on your Pokémon fast with Oblivion Wing.
Darkrai-EX DEX and Keldeo-EX LTR for retreat.
Hoopa-EX to get out Pokémon fast.
Dark Patch, Max Elixir, and Professor's Letter to get out Energy fast.
Double Colorless Energy for Yveltal-EX XY for some extra damage.
One Hex Maniac in case of Suicune or Sigilyph.
Battle Compressor for Dark Patch and Oblivion Wing.
Reverse Valley for +20 damage boost with Fighting Fury Belt.
Scoop Up Cyclone to pick up Shaymin-EX.

Last edited:
Fighting Fury belt > Dark claw. Reverse Valley is also a great stadium in this deck. You also need to max out on Max Elixir. Why no Trainers mail or shaymin EX? And if you want to stop Sigilyph or Suicune Baby Yveltal and Hex Maniac are your best options.

Fighting Fury belt > Dark claw. Reverse Valley is also a great stadium in this deck. You also need to max out on Max Elixir. Why no Trainers mail or shaymin EX? And if you want to stop Sigilyph or Suicune Baby Yveltal and Hex Maniac are your best options.
Hmmmm... I'll do some testing with your suggestions. Maybe one less Hoopa as well...

Did some testing and found a good list:
-4 Dark Claw
+3 Fighting Fury Belt

-1 Silent Lab
-1 Faded Town
+2 Reverse Valley

-2 Sycamore
-1 Shauna
-2 Team Flare Grunt
+1 Hex Maniac

-1 Hoopa-EX
+2 Shaymin-EX

-3 Crushing Hammer
+4 Trainers' Mail
+1 Max Elixir
+1 VS Seeker

+1 Scoop Up Cyclone

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not Hypno/All-Night Party ?
Or Virbank City Gym and Hypnotoxic Laser?
This build is very inferior to both the vannila Yveltal with Laser/Virbank or the Darkrai/Hypno build more common in standard.

Why not Hypno/All-Night Party ?
Or Virbank City Gym and Hypnotoxic Laser?
This build is very inferior to both the vannila Yveltal with Laser/Virbank or the Darkrai/Hypno build more common in standard.

This deck outspeeds both. It is lightning fast. It has made several top 32's at regionals. I'm debating playing it myself.

I am testing various versions of this deck for regionals and find that it doesn't consistently beat the Yveltal Maxie's deck that is more common. If they get Gallade out, it's pretty much an autoloss due to the fighting weakness. Personally, I'm leaning towards the more traditional dark build for Spring Regionals but I'm not giving up on speed Darkrai yet and will let you know if I find a combination of cards that makes this deck a better play. In the mean time, I am liking Dowsing Machine better than scoop up cyclone for the Ace Spec and am not liking that Hoopa clogs up the bench at times so am trying the deck with those changes.

I am testing various versions of this deck for regionals and find that it doesn't consistently beat the Yveltal Maxie's deck that is more common. If they get Gallade out, it's pretty much an autoloss due to the fighting weakness.
Should an opponent get the Gallade into play, the Yveltal can be used to protect the Darkrai EXs. An alternative is to also include a Mewtwo EX (DEX) to counter any Gallade threats.

In the mean time, I am liking Dowsing Machine better than scoop up cyclone for the Ace Spec and am not liking that Hoopa clogs up the bench at times so am trying the deck with those changes.
I concur; Dowsing Machine just seems more versatile. I also include 1 AZ in my decks too for Pokémon rescue or Shaymin EX recovery and reuse purposes.

@xTITAN I'd also suggest including 1 Yveltal (BKT) to replace 1 of the Yveltal (XY). Yveltal(BKT)'s Pitch-black Spear attack is really good, IMO.

Last edited:
Back