Specified Thread Does Not Exist

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I've been checking on some threads and when I click on it, it says "Specified Thread does not Exist".

This happened with the Rate my Sig thread and The Champions. Can a Mod clarify the problem?

That's happened to me too... a bit. For example, say that this thread suddenly has two pages that you can click to. I can see the first page fine, but if I click on page two it says that the thread doesn't exist.

It could possibly be that the entire thread was deleted, but existing links to said thread still link to the nonexistant thread, giving you the error message. IDK if this is true, but it could be a possibility.

Also it could just be a glitch as with the nonexistant last page of the trader dispute thread.

I think its because that page of posts DID exist, but then they were deleted, but the page is still there (with no posts) so it says it doesnt exist.
Im probably wrong though

ragingphantom said:
It could possibly be that the entire thread was deleted, but existing links to said thread still link to the nonexistant thread, giving you the error message. IDK if this is true, but it could be a possibility.

Also it could just be a glitch as with the nonexistant last page of the trader dispute thread.
or someone could of posted, making the 2nd page, but then deleted their post.

I got the same problem on the Sig thread. It is most likely a glitch like Meowth said.

~Raichupika33~

I just happened to me again on the Chat Room Rules and Guidelines thread. Maybe WPM knows what's going on?

~Raichupika33~

Its a glitch. Just click on the Blue writing saying "last post" on the right side of the new posts thingsa, and it wont happen.

Maybe you clicked on the "go to last unread post" button, but this post just got deleted, causing the link to lead to an error?

I have personally never had this problem, and I don't think I can really help...

It's been happening to me for about a week now. I'm not sure whats going on...

I've never had the problem until now. An error makes it "look" like there is an extra page when there isn't. It's no big deal... just go back by a single page and you should have the current posts.

Well thats what I do.It happened to me once in the Beach Member Pic thread so it takes alot of pages
to scroll and really alot.

I've had this happen forever in the last three years. It's a glitch on the page with the posts I think. I just go back and ignore it, yet I always forget that it has that error.

dmaster out.

It sounds like a glitch. I understand now, Mods can lock this if they feel like. My question has been answered.

It's not a glitch. Whenever 1 page meets the limit for # of posts, it starts the new page, which "doesn't exist" till someone posts there.

Back