Special SWSH Set Releasing in Early 2023, Partial Card Lists for Future English Sets!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
A Worlds document has revealed we will be getting another special SWSH set!
The set is code-named SWSH12.5 and should release in early 2023. It’ll be a “mishmash” set containing unreleased cards and promos from the past two years. It should also contain cards from Japan’s VSTAR Universe, which releases in December. Since one of its source sets is releasing in December and we still haven’t seen any product listings for the set, we will likely get it in early 2023. This release window would be similar to special sets like Shining Fates.
This news was revealed through a banned card list sent to Japanese players attending Worlds. Because Worlds features players from across the globe, TPCi restricts the cards that can be used to just those released in the west. This means Japanese players can’t use any cards or alternate art reprints that haven’t released...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
The special set is good because it solves the problem of an inflated SWSH12 and the fact that we won't have another Tag All Stars problem with cards never making it to english. But creates another problem as we might have sets in December (SWSH12), January (SWSH12.5) and February (SV1), unless they delay the release of the Scarlet & Violet base set. And by the looks of it, it will be as big as any of the previous regular sets but with much more fillers - since most of the gym promos will be not-so-good reprints of older cards. We might see shiny Zacian V and Zamazenta V being included in this set as well. Hopefully they include the Precious Box Pikachu promo in it too.

Also, the promos numbering basically confirm CoroCoro Pikachu V and Vmax as the promos for the Holiday Calendar.

Last edited:
Isn't the Weavile that does 20 damage to all opponent's Pokemon? It is being revealed in LOR Promos, being part of 3-pack blisters.

Also, ABOUT TIME to update my setlist, yah!

I'm very okay with this considering I think the last generation really missed out on a big sendoff set. XY barely got a sendoff, but the Premium Trainer's XY Collection with the BOXY promos kind of helped. What I'm really hoping this set ends up being is a Legendary Treasures type set, where it takes a lot of past cards, prints them with new art (as I believe some of these Gym promos are, no?) and adds some extra fun stuff to entice collectors.

Hopefully it takes VStar Universe stuff (Which I can only assume is akin to a Vmax Climax-type set) and makes a nice little thing out of it.

I'm very okay with this considering I think the last generation really missed out on a big sendoff set. XY barely got a sendoff, but the Premium Trainer's XY Collection with the BOXY promos kind of helped. What I'm really hoping this set ends up being is a Legendary Treasures type set, where it takes a lot of past cards, prints them with new art (as I believe some of these Gym promos are, no?) and adds some extra fun stuff to entice collectors.

Hopefully it takes VStar Universe stuff (Which I can only assume is akin to a Vmax Climax-type set) and makes a nice little thing out of it.
In the event of a LTR-style set, if its street date is January 6th, it could mean more prereleases, but since christmas day closes off all the stores for family time for employees and all, the question would be: When will week 1 of prerelease time happen? Will it be Friday the 23rd-Saturday the 24th(Christmas Eve, stores close early)? Or will they be moved to the week after and only in the evening?

...But if it's Generations-style, then you can only buy them physically, meaning no problem?

A halfway-set brings in many possibilities...

Thanks to this information, the partial setlist for Lost Origin is slowly to be finished.

Here is the thread (idk if its allowed, but sorry in advance because the discussion had been droughted in a long time.):

I might also start doing partial set list to the future sets.

So that explains where the missing F-Block reprints are. I wonder if that also means they won't get G-Block prints...

Glad we have a set to clean up a lot of the Japanese odds and ends. They really burned through the backlog of S-P Promos (most of the few left in Japan are the offbeat or store opening-specific types of Japanese promos we never get translated). Wish we had the same for SM instead of losing a bunch of Tag All Stars' cards forever.

Based on what we know of it so far, the set looks like a hot mess for collectors and players alike. I wonder what they'll push as the big chase cards? Unless VSTAR Universe has a ton of new character rares, Lost Origin/SWSH12 should finish them off neatly (after Incandescent Arcana we should have exactly 60 to split across the last two regular English sets). I expect VSTAR Universe to have some sort of gimmick because otherwise I'm not seeing 150+ cards of material for SWSH12.5.

Glad we have a set to clean up a lot of the Japanese odds and ends. They really burned through the backlog of S-P Promos (most of the few left in Japan are the offbeat or store opening-specific types of Japanese promos we never get translated). Wish we had the same for SM instead of losing a bunch of Tag All Stars' cards forever.

Based on what we know of it so far, the set looks like a hot mess for collectors and players alike. I wonder what they'll push as the big chase cards? Unless VSTAR Universe has a ton of new character rares, Lost Origin/SWSH12 should finish them off neatly (after Incandescent Arcana we should have exactly 60 to split across the last two regular English sets). I expect VSTAR Universe to have some sort of gimmick because otherwise I'm not seeing 150+ cards of material for SWSH12.5.
Yes, this set seems to be just bulk. What I thought they could do that would be really cool but it's highly unlikely to ever happen is making a subset Alola Gallery with the remaining Tag All Stars. But that's just dreaming at this point.

If only they did another special set including missing cards from the Sun/Moon era... But hey, if they do it for this, maybe they will do it for that!
Hopium... But I'm very much there with you. TPCi has dropped the ball on several things throughout the years, but not releasing those SM cards has been one of the biggest head scratchers to me.

I do hope Cinderace VStar happens in at least one of these sets, that would be a dream come true for me

Maybe it'll be in SWSH12.5 alongside the other Galar starters

Back