Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The Pokemon Center has started to e-mail out the first wave of Special Delivery Charizard codes. The e-mail has the subject “Big news about Pokemon Special Delivery Charizard.” It includes a code you can use to get the promo when spending $20 or more.
However, it appears all fans received the same code: POKEMON76519. The Pokemon Center has acknowledged this specific code is invalid and was sent an error: “If you received this code, you are still eligible to receive a valid promo code moving forward.”
We’re unsure if any fans received a unique code today. So far all reports we’ve received are from fans who received the same code, but we can’t confirm it’s universal at this time. Let us know below if...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
If TPCi had two brain cells to put together they would have been printing a ton of copies of this card over the last two years because they know it will be a highly desired item that will also drive sales to their online store. But then you see a news report like this and realize that they're actually run by hamsters...

Lindor

Aspiring Trainer
Hopefully the codes are tied to your account and/or more complex than "POKEMON" followed by 5 random digits. Just doesn't seem like the most secure passcode for such an anticipated and valued promo...

Asrialys

Aspiring Trainer
If TPCi had two brain cells to put together they would have been printing a ton of copies of this card over the last two years because they know it will be a highly desired item that will also drive sales to their online store. But then you see a news report like this and realize that they're actually run by hamsters...
I agree. The Pokemon Center Japan had a ton of Illustration Charizard, Piplup, and Mischievous Pichu promos. While none of them were holo, they still had plenty to give out in each online order and in store. And this was also true for older highly-desirable promos like Boss Pikachu and Poncho Eevee (both sets were holo). Only time TCG promos were very limited was for the special sets that came with booster boxes, a deck box, sleeves, etc.

In regards to the delay, I do wonder if they were waiting to see if they could catch the person or persons who stole at least one of the cards so long ago. By never releasing it back then they might be able to track down the sales of the stolen card(s).

efwolverine

Aspiring Trainer

Instead it'll be like the Bidoof promo where huge swaths of people (myself included) were frozen out of it and now it's a 200-300 dollar card; disgraceful.

JimmySnyder2019

Aspiring Trainer
Instead it'll be like the Bidoof promo where huge swaths of people (myself included) were frozen out of it and now it's a 200-300 dollar card; disgraceful.
While it does suck that Bidoof is $300 dollar card. I did get lucky enough to get one. Not bragging but I did fill out the form within 3 hours of when it dropped. I happened to do the same this time. Yet I did not receive a code for Special Delivery Charizard. I heard that if you filled out a form before they locked the entry page your pretty much guaranteed a card. If that’s true probably not but it didn’t go the entire time they said entry was possible so I figured that was why.

Darkbenji151

Aspiring Trainer
What will be the strategy of products to buy with the SD Charizard so that it is less likely it will be damaged during delivery? I couldn’t believe how awfully they packaged the SD Bidoof last year. I know they say they will put a protective layer around the Zard but I’m still planning in case I get a code this go ‘round.

Adman2099

Aspiring Trainer
What will be the strategy of products to buy with the SD Charizard so that it is less likely it will be damaged during delivery? I couldn’t believe how awfully they packaged the SD Bidoof last year. I know they say they will put a protective layer around the Zard but I’m still planning in case I get a code this go ‘round.
A t-shirt is probably the best bet. Or Art prints it can sit between.

Bunni

Aspiring Trainer
I didnt even get the email to begin with and I applied pretty early, does that likely mean I won't get one when they correct this?

Darkbenji151

Aspiring Trainer
A t-shirt is probably the best bet. Or Art prints it can sit between.
That’s a good idea. I was thinking similarly with 3-pack blisters it could sit between but that’s all theoretically that they’d even take the time. I recently ordered 36 blister packs and they were ALL put vertically in a box that wasn’t as tall as the blisters so they were almost all bent. Lesson is that it’s in the Pokémon Gods’ hands.

Adman2099

Aspiring Trainer
That’s a good idea. I was thinking similarly with 3-pack blisters it could sit between but that’s all theoretically that they’d even take the time. I recently ordered 36 blister packs and they were ALL put vertically in a box that wasn’t as tall as the blisters so they were almost all bent. Lesson is that it’s in the Pokémon Gods’ hands.
But Arceus doesn't have hands... He had hooves?

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I didnt even get the email to begin with and I applied pretty early, does that likely mean I won't get one when they correct this?
The news story clearly answers your question, please take the time to read them in the future. :)

Sanisk

Aspiring Trainer
I got my code today, at 2pm EST.

1. It works.
2. Even if the rules said Quebec was excluded, I still got a code.