• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Space Lion Thunder

jo94

Gen 3 lover
I was randomly building decks on ptcgo a couple hoirs ago and I wanted to test the synergy b/n zapdos and solgaleo. I think that solgaleo is better than zeraora since it is not shut down by muk, and it can deal big damage to ohko TTGXs if needed. Also I'm not a jirachi fan (even if it is extremely good) and thus I wanted to test this zapdos variant. The results?

- consistency is extremely good, despite playing a stage 2, i never misssed a turn 2 solgaleo 6 games in a row (maybe I'm lucky, but i don't think this is the case)
- zapdos compensates the lack of solgaleo in taking early game knock outs, and solgaleo compensates the impossibility of zapdos of taking ohko on bulky pokemon, also solgaleo does not give 3 prizes as pikarom does.
- I won all the 6 matches I played so far against: alolan ninetales (both gx and non-gx), charizard/alolan ninetales, zapdos/pikarom x2, zapdos/jirachi/zurkitree GX

I know 6 games are too little to make conclusions, but the deck promises very good. Here's the list:

##Pokémon - 14

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 3 Zapdos TEU 40
* 3 Solgaleo-GX SUM 89
* 4 Cosmog TEU 69
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 2 Cosmoem SUM 65

##Trainers - 34

* 4 Lillie UPR 125
* 4 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 4 Electropower LOT 172
* 2 Hala GRI 126
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 3 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 1 Thunder Mountain {*} LOT 191

##Energies - 12

* 4 Unit Energy {L-P-M}
* 3 Rainbow Energy
* 5 Metal Energy

jo94

Gen 3 lover
Update:
Tested some more in the last two days, lost a couple of time. I removed the 2 Hala for 2 Bill's analysis, since it seemed to be more versatile

lukas2aces

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
It feels like a lot of cards like 4 Electropower, Thunder Mountain etc for just Zapdos, normally other Pokemon could use those cards as well.

On the other hand, the deck is so interesting I have to test it myself. I’m not sure whether a stage 2 could do the same as basic attackers like PikaRom and Zeraora GX.

Maybe adding a Alolan Vulpix / Alolan Ninetales line could make your deck more consistent (and with your energy line, you could use the attacks as well if you wish to do so).

Another point: your Solgaleo GX is out turn 2 if you’re lucky. Zeraora GX can switch Pokemon turn 1, important for Zapdos.

You could test a Jirachi engine as well (I guess instead of the suggesties Alolan Ninetales). It may help you to find Rare Candy, Electropower and such. But you already said you don’t like the Jirachi engine and you added Bill’s analysis. That maybe will be enough as well.

jo94

Gen 3 lover
I'm still working on the deck, because it is at least fun, but also has something good. Obviously zeraora is way faster, but if you're going first you don't attack in your first turn, and usually on t2 I have solgaleo. Bill in this deck is your bread and butter, you don't need to draw random cards you need just candies and solgaleo does the rest.

jo94

Gen 3 lover
I just realised that I can use the same strategy in a silvally/zapdos deck, and silvally ohkos anything with the proper rom, sometimes I'm so blind.