Sooo.... Heroclix.

SotS

Cycling the Stress Away
I forget WHERE I heard about this game, but I was interested in looking it up. So I did. It looks pretty interesting, and even though they are probably horrible in terms of stats, I think that the Street Fighter starter looks really cool. Unfortunately, it just looks that, cool.

I have never played a tabletop game in my life (that is what these are called, right?), and this looks pretty confusing to even try to play. Let alone teach myself and my brother so that we could play a game. I like chess and Pokemon, and this kind of looks like they are combined pretty much with strategic battle and different abilities, but I have a few questions.

1.) Does anyone here play it that knows anything I need to know that's really important like Rare Candy to newbies in Pokemon?

2.) Is it really confusing to learn if I know how to play Pokemon already? Will I at least understand a few things?

3.) How much space do you need to play? I've seen a few other tabletop games, and they were prettyyy big. And no offense, but how nerdy do you look? XD I mean, whenever you have to pull out a ruler, use special dice, stand up the whole game, and rounds take hours like the tabletop game I saw I don't think this would even be worth trying..

4.) Is it really expensive like Pokemon if you want a good "deck" per se?

That's all I can think of now. Hopefully at least someone else here plays it.

Oh I collect the Halo themed Hero Clix and Action Clix figures. No idea how to play it. I read the instructions for the Actionclix and I sort of got the idea but was still kind of confused. I too am interested in learning about the hero clix game though. Hopefully we've got an expert on these forums to shed some light.

Heroclix was on the brink, but another company brought it back. Now there are Street Fighter sets, as well as Lord of the Rings and Star Trek. Now you can actually have a game of Ken VS the starship Enterprise VS Gandalf the Grey.

1.) no.

2.) yes and maybe.

3.) about the size of a kitchen table, although a coffee table might be large enough. and no offense, but if you play Pokemon, you've already crossed the nerdiness event horizon. nothing else will make you look nerdier.

4.) I don't have experience with HeroClix so I'm not sure if it applies but yes. tabletop games are almost always expensive to get into, although they can be tons of fun if you're into that sort of thing. if you're just playing with your brother, though, only the startup cost will be really bad, because you probably won't try to get into the metagame or anything.

Back