Finished Sonoma [RPG]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo9238

If you like music, I like you.
15558hy.png

On the planet Sonoma the only resources ever discovered are water, vegetables, wood, and iron ore. Certainly enough to survive on, but no one has ever set foot on the planet’s surface. Only photos taken by rovers are proof of its existence.
Who are you? You are from Sonoma’s twin planet, Kishi. You, with a group of eight companions, have managed to create a spaceship and plan to travel to Sonoma.
On launch day, a huge crowd is gathered. It’s a pretty enormous task that you’ve decided to take on.
Takeoff goes great and everything’s working out the way you wanted- until days later, when all hell breaks loose. As you near Sonoma, a pair of insecure bolts fall off and with them a vital part of your spacecraft. The ship becomes chaotic. All nine of you are rushing around, pulling levers and jabbing buttons. Nothing seems to be working.
By some miracle, you and the crew manage to steer and crash the spaceship onto the surface of a planet. The barren, rocky landscape has small patches of yellow green grass. In the distance, you see a small body of water. Off in another direction is a cluster of trees. As you look around, you realize where you’ve landed- Sonoma!
This is outstanding news and you all are overjoyed until you look out. Beyond the navy sky of Sonoma is a large, twinkling brown and blue planet. Your heart drops into your chest as you recognize that it’s Kishi.
Suddenly the truth dawns on you. Your spacecraft is wrecked on a foreign planet’s surface. You have no way to get back to Kishi.
You’re stranded.​
Every day, the following resources must be collected:
2 Veggie Hunks per person
4 Cups of Water per person
12 Slabs of Wood overall (To keep a fire burning in the frigid night)

You may send out as many people per day as you wish- however, keep in mind that humans tire, and if you send a person out to gather resources (no matter how long it takes them), they cannot go again the next day. Doing so will overwork them and result in death. Thus, one person may go out every two days and no more frequently than that. A person who goes out must also eat and drink double their portion (eg. 4 veggies, 8 water cups).
Resources MAY be stored for a later day. Veggies, however, will quite possibly go bad. If stored veggies are eaten, there is a 50% chance that the consumer will die of extreme food poisoning.
If there is no one left by your campsite (If all nine are out collecting resources), any stored resources will be stolen by wild animals. There is no way to catch or hunt these animals, so don’t try. HOWEVER: if there are stored veggies at the campsite, the animals have the same chance of living as the humans do, and if they die, there is no need to collect veggies- the crew will be completely fed for the next day. (Note: animal meat cannot be stored)
To build your spacecraft, you need thirty steel plates and enough food and water to last the eight day trip home. You are lucky enough to salvage the other vital components of the ship from the wreckage.

Below is the time that it takes to gather certain resources:
Veggies: 1 hour to walk there, can carry up to 3 hunks per trip, takes 10 minutes to collect each. 1 hour to walk back.
Wood: 1 hour to walk there, can carry up to 6 slabs per trip, takes 10 minutes to collect each. 1 hour to walk back.
Water: ½ hour to walk there, can carry up to 4 cups per trip, takes no time collecting each. ½ hour to walk back.
Iron Ore: 2 hours to walk there, can carry up to 2 chunks per trip, takes ½ hour to collect each. 2 ½ hours to walk back.
Each day you have 16 hours, from dawn to sunset, to collect resources- note that you do not have to collect the maximum carry load. The more you collect the more time it takes.
The listed times above are not per person, for example you could send two people gathering water; they would retrieve 8 cups and it would take one hour, not two.
To make the steel plates needed for your ship, you need one iron ore and two wood slabs per plate (wood slabs not included in the daily 12). It takes one hour to “purify” the iron into steel and does not require leaving the camp (thus not needing extra food or drink. However, it does require someone remaining by it at all times).
Actions will be discussed in this thread and the final decision must be bolded and red. If you don’t know how to do this, either PM me or take a look at the Pokebeach Rules and Info.
Once you submit your final decision, you cannot edit it. Because if you do… well, I’ll leave that for you to find out.
At the end of each day, I’ll write a short analysis of the day (format may vary), followed by a list of stored resources and surviving members of the crew.
This game will be in action four days a week, with decisions due in by Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday at 7:00 pm ET. Submitting late cannot be prevented, however keep in mind that this will give you less time to publish your next decision. If I haven’t received a submission within a week after the deadline, the game will be terminated.
When you think you are ready to launch, at the end of your submission write LAUNCH. It will be your last decision, and there is no turning back. At the end of the game I will post the result of it and note those who survived.

The roles to sign up for are posted below.
Cory: You are the grandson of the late man who built the rover that took photos of Sonoma. For over twenty years, you've been searching for a way to travel there. You put the crew together. You were the beginning of this, and guilt gnaws at you every passing day you are stranded. You feel as if this is all your fault. If you are Cory, and if you work for less than three hours a day, you don't need extra food or drink and you don't have to rest the next day.
Kai: Ever since you were eight, you’ve loved science. Skilled at any branch from physics to biology, you were a good addition to the crew. If you are Kai, you take 50% less time to gather resources.
Ewe: You are the younger sister of Kai. You are 18 years old and are on this expedition because of your cooking skills (your ability to turn almost anything into not just something edible, but something delicious). If you are Ewe, you have a 75% chance of survival if you eat stored veggies.
Theodore: At age 14, you are the youngest member of the crew. You’re also quite possibly the most intelligent, as you’re known on Kishi for being a child genius. If you are Theodore, and something unexpected is going to occur, you will be notified of its details right away over PM. I also might give you extra information that isn't going to be told to the other players. You aren't allowed to tell anyone in the game the extra information, nor are you allowed to tell them what the event is before it's posted in the thread.
Nicolas: You are an amazing photographer. On top of that, you are very social and the kind of person that everyone wants to be around. If you are Nicolas, if you travel WITH SOMEONE ELSE to collect resources, you both can carry twice as much as is listed above (Still takes the same amount of time to collect each one).
Joaquin: You are a close friend of Theodore’s older brother. You are apt with a bow and are a skilled hunter. You were taken on this expedition for your knack for survival. If you are Joaquin, any time during the game you may choose to build a trap with four wood and one veggie. If the campsite is abandoned while the trap is set, There is a 75% chance that you will catch a wild animal and be completely fed for the next day.
Sara: You’re the oldest person on this trip. You have no value to the crew but have been a close friend to several of them their whole lives. You’ve always yearned to travel to Sonoma. When they began to build a craft to head there, they were happy to allow you along, and you were happy to donate large amounts of money in return. If you are Sara, and there is not enough food to feed everyone on the crew, if you choose not to eat, you will still survive. This can only be used once every five days. If you do this, you cannot go out gathering resources the next day.
Frederick: AKA Freddy, you and Edward are twins. You’re the talkative one of the crew, but are valuable nonetheless for your skill in computer science. It's because of you and your brother that the crew has a chance to rebuild the spacecraft and get back home.If you are Frederick, and you are still alive by the time twenty steel plates are gathered, then your crew will be able to launch then instead of waiting until thirty.
Edward: AKA Eddie. You’re Frederick’s twin brother. Unlike your brother, you are very quiet. Like Freddy, however, you’re a very skilled worker with technology- you are a programmer, and are behind the software of the spacecraft.If you are Edward, and you are still alive by Launch, then the crew can survive the trip back with only enough food and water for six days (instead of eight)

Signups will close when every spot has been taken.
Good luck.​

Last edited:
This looks interesting :p
In with Theodore.
Also, you used my real name >.>

This game looks like so much fun! :eek:

I was gonna choose Theo though

I guess I'll choose Freddie :v

By the way Oreo, will Cory's special thing still apply if it takes him 3 hours on the dot? Say we put him on three water fetch quests.

Celever said:
By the way Oreo, will Cory's special thing still apply if it takes him 3 hours on the dot? Say we put him on three water fetch quests.

No- it says less than three hours. Sorry :(
(Thanks, btw)

This sounds interesting if everyone doesn't die! So... the only ways people can die are a) Events b) Lack of Food c) Food Poisoning and d) Overworking ?

I'll pick Theodre Edward please.

bbninjas said:
This sounds interesting if everyone doesn't die! So... the only ways people can die are a) Events b) Lack of Food c) Food Poisoning and d) Overworking ?

Right.
bbninjas said:
I'll pick Theodre Edward please.

Theodore seems to be popular.

I'm a bit worried about the lack of sign ups. You've only got half of the numbers you need... and I can't see enough active members joining any time soon (from my experience in the Challenge, inviting newer/game-inexperienced people is not always a good idea [no offence ^]). I'm wondering if it's worth terminating this game and reestablishing it once the Forum Games becomes strong again.

What he says:
bbninjas said:
I'm a bit worried about the lack of sign ups. You've only got half of the numbers you need... and I can't see enough active members joining any time soon (from my experience in the Challenge, inviting newer/game-inexperienced people is not always a good idea [no offence ^]). I'm wondering if it's worth terminating this game and reestablishing it once the Forum Games becomes strong again.

What he means:
bbninjas said:
Restart the game in a few months to give me another chance to pick Theodore! >:]

How rude, you've already started picking on me, liking Celever's post :U

Well it /does/ seem someone has revived in the FGs... so that could help...

Yeah, I'm not losing hope yet.
Besides, over half the spots have been taken now! :D

Alright, I'm in this, and I'll have to see if I can't get some more people signed up as well. Maybe. Hopefully.

Also, I'll be Ewe, because Imma out-live all of y'all.

Okay, so apparently the game is active now.
I'd really like to reach the nine player mark so if everyone can let people know about this, that'd be good. If not, the game will start soon. (It's more fun with more players, so tell your friends.)

Okay, I'm tired of waiting. Three more players would still be great, so please notify anyone who you think should join.
This game has officially begun! For now, the three missing spots will be filled by me. This does not mean that there are only six of you on the crew. You still have to account for Kai, Cory, and Sara.
The nine of you have landed on Sonoma. You've taken note of your surroundings. You have 16 hours to collect things necessary to survive.

Your final submission overall, bolded and red, is due on Thursday at 7:00 pm ET. That's 7 o'clock pm for the East coast.
Have fun, and discuss!

for my safety i will type like this
owo

Nicholas: WHAT DO WE DO WE JUST LANDED HERE AND EVERYONE'S OKAY BUT I'M STARTING TO FEEL HUNGRY AND DIZZY HELP! LOOSING... AIR...CAN'T.....BREATHE.... *dramatically sinks to ground*

Last edited:
C'mon man, we just landed. Let's just chill. We'll surely find stuff.
On another subjects, where are the others?

All right, off to a great start! Just keep in mind to start discussing... you have two days.
and, that one person, don't use b/r yet. When you use it, I'll consider it a final submission. You don't want to do that.
For now, just use normal ink!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back