Sonic the Hedgehog's 20th Birthday

Cobalt Phoenix

Best Kappa
It was 20 yrs ago today that SEGA unleashed their mascot Sonic on the world. Those of us who experienced Sonic the Hedgehog when it was first released were quickly drawn into school yard arguments over who would whip the others butt (Mario vs. Sonic). Now 20 years later Sonic has been featured in many games, a few cartoon series (my favorite being Sonic SatAM), and has been merchandised into an iconic character recognized by kids of all ages. Happy Birthday Sonic!!
source

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
Wow, Mario's older since he was created before Sonic was back in the late 80's. But still that's quite a milestone for a video game mascot, I've always enjoyed Sonic however I've been more keen towards Classic Sonic than Modern Sonic.

I'm hoping Sonic: The Hedgehog 4 will live up to people's expectations better than Duke Nukem Forever did. Though Sonic Colors which recently was released was a pretty good game for a Sonic title and a vast improvement over Sonic Unleashed I might add.

Matryoshka

Hi, I'm a scrub
I remember, 5 years ago, I was so psyched about the 15th aniversery. Seeing this just brings nostalgia. <3 Not that I don't like Sonic anymore, but I was obsessed with it before.

Delta

Selling colourful Pokemon to Celadon Game Corner
Relating to Sonic Generations, there have been some levels revealed in the Demo's source code.
* Green Hill Zone – Sonic thе Hedgehog
* Chemical Plant Zone – Sonic thе Hedgehog two
* Sky Sanctuary – Sonic & Knuckles
* Speed Highway – Sonic Adventure
* City Escape – Sonic Adventure two
* Seaside Hill – Sonic Heroes
* Crisis City – Sonic thе Hedgehog (2006)
* Rooftop Rυn – Sonic Unleashed
* Planet Wisp – Sonic Colors
http://technobin.com/2011/06/technobin-games-demo-code-leaks-sonic-generations-details/

But yeah, 20 years. I've been playing sonic since I was born and seeing it get this far is quite amazing, even if it's gone to the dogs these days.

SoraNa

Art Lover
Delta said:
Relating to Sonic Generations, there have been some levels revealed in the Demo's source code.
* Green Hill Zone – Sonic thе Hedgehog
* Chemical Plant Zone – Sonic thе Hedgehog two
* Sky Sanctuary – Sonic & Knuckles
* Speed Highway – Sonic Adventure
* City Escape – Sonic Adventure two
* Seaside Hill – Sonic Heroes
* Crisis City – Sonic thе Hedgehog (2006)
* Rooftop Rυn – Sonic Unleashed
* Planet Wisp – Sonic Colors
http://technobin.com/2011/06/technobin-games-demo-code-leaks-sonic-generations-details/

But yeah, 20 years. I've been playing sonic since I was born and seeing it get this far is quite amazing, even if it's gone to the dogs these days.

I'm not sure if this post is related, but one of the administrators (Aaron Webber) on the SEGA forums mentioned that the list was false. If this is indeed the list to go by, I would be relatively happy...except for the lack of Flying Battery Zone or Ice Cap.