Some Things I Miss From Before Phase Moltres

Snorchu

Seven days...
When the update was rolled out, we got several new and awesome features. However, we also lost a few features or changed them for the worse. Let me name a few:

1) The "Online/Offline/Away" status marker is less obvious than it was before. Personally, I preferred the tiny icon under the avatar that was blue when the user was online, gray when offline, or gray with a "Do Not Enter" symbol when away.

2) The text that denotes my current location on the site (i.e., > Viewing: PokéBeach.com Forums / PokéBeach.com / Website Feedback / New Thread) is harder to read, primarily because it's black text on a dark blue background. Either make the text white or orange, or give the text a border to make it stand out better against the water. This has been fixed. Thank you.

*This is a potentially growing list. I may add more to it.*

I don't know what you mean by "less obvious" for the first point. With simply just text, it's clear what the status is, rather than figuring out what the icon means.

You can't just take one look and see if they are on or not is what he means.

I agree with both of these concerns and I'm glad that the second was modified.
Whilst I miss the old icons, it was and still is unclear for invisible users, well... because they're invisible.
I personally do not agree with even the idea of invisible mode, other than the fact that it's good if you're playing certain games. It just means that nobody's aware of whether you're online or not without visiting your profile. I'd be very glad if invisible mode was removed, since it's better to know if people are viewing certain things. You still have privacy when it says about PMs, since it says 'Reading/Sending Private Message at 20:39pm or whatever the time is.

On the topic of invisibility: You do know that you can view their profile and it says last time online, and if it was recent, the person is probably online. Also, thanks for the white text at the top, it's a lot easier to read.

^Hence I said 'without visiting their profile'. :D

Anyone else miss chained quotes?

P0KEVORTEX said:

It was more spam than anything else. You could just quote the person you wanted to reply to and finish it there instead of quoting the whole conversation.

I miss Verified Seller userbars. I'm not even a Verified Seller, and I still think it was a bad idea to remove them, I would love to see them return.

P0KEVORTEX said:
^Hence I said 'without visiting their profile'. :D

:/ I do. Lets say someone quoted someone else, now when you quote them...they won't make sense because it's out of context....

What I do for Chained Quotes is to copy/paste the original quote and put it inside of the quote you are creating. Simple, but I like original Chained Quotes better.

I also agree on the idea of the Online/Offline Symbol. I liked when you could just glance and see if someone was online rather than reading small text.

And I also agree yet again on that Vertified Seller bars should come back.

I miss the Verified Seller userbars. It's harder now to see who is a Verified Seller, because every time I need to check I have to go find the list.

Guys the invisibility is mainly for moderators working undercover and they can see what everyone is doing weather if they are online or not online. You never know when a mod is watching. It is kind of like the saying bear in the air. If you are working undercover for this site it is best to keep a low profile or if you don't want users to know when you are on then you can use this also but it is mainly the use for the moderators so yeah it is a necessity for the site to have the invisibility mode. If you don't like it just don't use it if you know what I mean XD.:)

Visibility is essential to the staff of the forum.

Verified sellers aren't a proper staff member of the forum, rather they have permission to do said action. Easier to make it mandatory for them to have a sentence in the sig or message above the avatar. It's really no big deal.

Online and Offline symbols were pretty neat, however they weren't needed, if you really need to know, check their profile or actually READ. We have tabs for a reason.

Chained quotes I don't have a problem with, it was just a massive space waste and you know what you put, so you don't have to read another quote to find out what YOU said.

I approve everything that Phase Moltres changed. This thread seems to be just people complaining about the small things.

I don't mind about verified sellers losing their userbars - it gets confusing when somebody's a mod and a seller or a professor and a verified seller. We're best just having a list so that the mods don't appear like they're not verified sellers.

I like the new look of Phase Moltres and it fixed most of the things from the old system like the profiles which were horribly messy when the whole right side got a ton of stuff and nothing was issued to go on the left side below the user info. That got annoying. Phase Moltres is the bomb XD.:)

Back