Some Possible Decks when Dark EXplorers comes out?

Aoki

Chronically tired
Just kind of wondering, based on the scans of the set Dark Explorers, what kind of decks do you guys expect to see? And possibly the archetypes?

Well an obvious couple ones are:
-Darkrai Rush (Darkrai, Dark trainer, Tornadus EX i think. Annihilated by Terrakion IMO even with Tornadus)
- Zoroark/Dark Box i think (A more than should be hyped deck. Dies to.....anything thats more consistent)
- Accelgor (all the way lol. Play Gothitelle/Dodrio/Sunflora or Venasaur/Accelgor/Level Ball and your opponent will Rage Quit.)
- Idk if Empoleon is in Dark ExPlorers, but if it is.....Empoleon swarm.
- Blazieken Emboar (read empoleon)

Raikou ex with elektrik + other techs
absol prime + mew with zoroark
CTT? (tornadus ex and tornadus) maybe some mewtwo and regigigas variant
Magnezone + empoleon with mew <-- this would have the most potential imo
darkrai ex + tyranitar prime + absol prime
eelzone + techs

Terrakions will still exist for obvious reasons
These are just the ones at the top of my head that I think could work.

I'm not really too sure. All I know is that I wanna make a Venusaur deck, like really bad. I just don't know how to pair him up quite yet.

Ekklesia said:
I'm not really too sure. All I know is that I wanna make a Venusaur deck, like really bad. I just don't know how to pair him up quite yet.

IMO Venasaur is more of a tech than a deck. If you want to make a deck around him though, be my guest, but I'm just saying its more of a tech. Grass box?

RogueChomp said:
IMO Venasaur is more of a tech than a deck. If you want to make a deck around him though, be my guest, but I'm just saying its more of a tech. Grass box?

If you're trying to make a Grass toolbox deck, I'd much rather run Sunflora over Venusaur.

True. Just giving ideas if he wants to attack with Venasaur. In that case, he would play only Venasaur (no sunflora) because you would be using it anyways.

Metagame Deck Center
Dark Toolbox (Zoroark DE and Darkrai EX, that's it, just those) Is incredibly consistent and amazingly quick. It is holding a Tier 1 status in Japan right now, and knocked CMT out of Tier 1. Problem: Fighting Decks

RaikouEels is quick and powerful, matches Dark Toolbox in Tier 1. Problem: Fighting Decks

Groudon Variants:
1) Tetra-kion with Groudon EX is Tetra-kion/Landorus's stronger, faster brother. Problem: Groudon EX, Drops Tetra-kion in prizes making it hard to recover.
2) Landorus and Groudon EX is amazing, 80 damage every turn plus 10 damage spread, and after two spreads, Groudon EX does 100 damage. Problem: Eviolite

Deck Garage
Arcanine/Volcarona has great damage output. Problem: Slow, flippy, even with Fliptini, Empoleon

Empoleon is like Magnezone Prime decks, has it's own built-in draw power, and it can also do way more damage for one energy. Problem: Eel variants are keeping it out of Tier 1.

Kyurem/Kyogre has amazing spread count and Kyogre EX can do the same damage as Raikou EX. Problem: Slow, and Kyrogre EX is weak to Eel variants.

RogueChomp said:

I completely agree. I sort of stated that wrong. What I was getting at was just teching him in there somehow :)

I'm really excited for Zoroark Rush. Incredibly consistent with Zorua's Ascension, Special Dark Enery, Dark Claw, and PlusPower all adding damage...

It can also use Darkrai as an attacker and Tornadus EX for Tetrakion matchup. Just Power Blast two Terrakions and then Night Spear for a double KO. Dark Patch can help get that energy on quick.

I'm definitely testing that deck for sure.

I was actually thinking about Volcarona/Chandelure. Burn & Confused + 50. So 50+40+30 = 120 Each turn. Or Volcarona Rush with Volcarona/Emboar/Attackers. Maybe a Reshiboar With Volcarona and Magby

The Fire Wyrm said:
I was actually thinking about Volcarona/Chandelure. Burn & Confused + 50. So 50+40+30 = 120 Each turn. Or Volcarona Rush with Volcarona/Emboar/Attackers. Maybe a Reshiboar With Volcarona and Magby

It's Magby, "Stoke" Growlithe, "Blazing Mane" Arcanine, "Re-flip" Victini, no sure which Latvesta, everyone uses their own, and "Burning Scales" Volcarona.

Basic strategy, , start with Magby, start the burn, set up Volcarona, then Arcanine, get Fliptini out, attack with Arcanine and let burn do most of the damage.

EXPSD
Zekrom Ex, Tornadus EX, Pachi, Shaymin.
T1: Start with Either Zekrom EX or Tornadus EX and collector.
collector for 2 pachi, and shaymin.
play Pachis down. Play shaymin to move all energy onto active. attack for 150 or 100.

DONK FTW

Giantoshawott said:
EXPSD
Zekrom Ex, Tornadus EX, Pachi, Shaymin.
T1: Start with Either Zekrom EX or Tornadus EX and collector.
collector for 2 pachi, and shaymin.
play Pachis down. Play shaymin to move all energy onto active. attack for 150 or 100.

DONK FTW

I don't think that will be consistent enough. Zekeels will just become better.

Emopanda133 said:
It's Magby, "Stoke" Growlithe, "Blazing Mane" Arcanine, "Re-flip" Victini, no sure which Latvesta, everyone uses their own, and "Burning Scales" Volcarona.

Basic strategy, , start with Magby, start the burn, set up Volcarona, then Arcanine, get Fliptini out, attack with Arcanine and let burn do most of the damage.
I know what it is, I was just suggesting new ideas.
What did I post to tell you that I did not know what you meant? Did I even reference you? No.

I just had an idea....
Cofagrigus theme deck-sableye DE-Mienshao ND.
doing 100 damage almost every turn for a DCE, possibly more if you draw more tools.
If you run a whole bunch of tools, you could easily be doing 150 every other turn

Puff said:
I just had an idea....
Cofagrigus theme deck-sableye DE-Mienshao ND.
doing 100 damage almost every turn for a DCE, possibly more if you draw more tools.
If you run a whole bunch of tools, you could easily be doing 150 every other turn

It isn't worth it to be doing only 150 every other turn. Your opponent will take 6 prizes in 6 turns against your week pokemon and you'd just be down 2-3 Prizes the entire game.

Straight Tornadus donk. 3-4 Tornadus EX, plenty of stadiums, maybe a few Tornadus EP for later game. Easiest donk ever, all you need is a Tornadus EX, a stadium and a DCE.

Based on Japanese Metagame during L~BW4

Darkrai EX / Mewtwo EX
Celebi Prime / Tornadus EX / Mewtwo EX (+Terrakion)

These two were the most winning decks in the Metagame.

Back