• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Solgaleo/Lunala Deck (Anti-meta?)

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 4 Talonflame STS 96
* 3 Solgaleo-GX SM 89
* 4 Cosmog SM 64
* 2 Cosmoem SM 65
* 2 Lunala-GX SM 141

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 4 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 2 Max Potion EPO 94
* 1 Timer Ball SM 134
* 4 Rare Candy PRC 135
* 1 Weakness Policy PRC 164
* 3 Silent Lab PRC 140
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 4 Ultra Ball SM 161
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 1 Professor Kukui SM 148
* 3 N NVI 101
* 2 Lysandre FLF 104
* 3 Trainers' Mail AOR 100

##Energy - 12

* 4 Psychic Energy SM 162
* 4 Rainbow Energy HS 104
* 4 Metal Energy EVO 98

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Video of the deck in action:

jessalakasam

After testing I need someway to make it more consistent for if you don't start Talonflame....Any ideas?

swan

aspiring memer
If the whole point of playing both lunala and solgaleo GX is just to sol burst a load of energy then move it onto your solgaleo-GX, then there's no point to this strategy at all. This is because moving the energy from lunala-GX to solgaleo is pointless when you could have instead had a solgaleo-GX where the lunala-GX was. Switch between them with ultra road, hence this is not a reason to play both lunala and solgaleo. That being said, the only bonus to using lunala here is being able to use max potion.
Also, the guideline definition of anti-meta is that it is good against the general metagame as opposed to being good in itself, the term is also applied to bricky and/or slow/stall decks.
As a player who likes to play these types of decks, for consistency I advise the following:
  • for a solid game, focus on 1 or the other of the 2 GXs, although I guess the whole point is to live the dream and play both...
  • Focus on building multiple stage 2s at once, in such a deck, I like to advocate focus on level ball and the stage one, lowering the candy count to 1-2 copies.
  • Timer ball is not really any good when it comes down to it: it is both unreliable and isn't exactly pivotal as a consistency card.
  • 1-of Ace trainer is often neat in stage 2 decks as you'll often not be taking the first prize. Also into the late game you don't want to have to use N to disrupt your opponent's hand at the cost of your own, as stage 2 decks often brick more easily when N'd to low counts.
  • you can go down to 3 copies of cosmog (if lots of level ball in deck) to increase your talonflame chances.

jessalakasam

If the whole point of playing both lunala and solgaleo GX is just to sol burst a load of energy then move it onto your solgaleo-GX, then there's no point to this strategy at all. This is because moving the energy from lunala-GX to solgaleo is pointless when you could have instead had a solgaleo-GX where the lunala-GX was. Switch between them with ultra road, hence this is not a reason to play both lunala and solgaleo. That being said, the only bonus to using lunala here is being able to use max potion.
Also, the guideline definition of anti-meta is that it is good against the general metagame as opposed to being good in itself, the term is also applied to bricky and/or slow/stall decks.
As a player who likes to play these types of decks, for consistency I advise the following:
  • for a solid game, focus on 1 or the other of the 2 GXs, although I guess the whole point is to live the dream and play both...
  • Focus on building multiple stage 2s at once, in such a deck, I like to advocate focus on level ball and the stage one, lowering the candy count to 1-2 copies.
  • Timer ball is not really any good when it comes down to it: it is both unreliable and isn't exactly pivotal as a consistency card.
  • 1-of Ace trainer is often neat in stage 2 decks as you'll often not be taking the first prize. Also into the late game you don't want to have to use N to disrupt your opponent's hand at the cost of your own, as stage 2 decks often brick more easily when N'd to low counts.
  • you can go down to 3 copies of cosmog (if lots of level ball in deck) to increase your talonflame chances.
The reason I use both is so I don't have to waste my energies on weak pokemon; with 2 Solgaleo, you can spam at max 3 Sunsteel Strike in a row, which is only good if you get 2 prizes, and absolutely terrible in a single prize pokemon, this if that pokemon has 140 HP (Lunala + Kukui) you don't waste energy

swan

aspiring memer
The reason I use both is so I don't have to waste my energies on weak pokemon; with 2 Solgaleo, you can spam at max 3 Sunsteel Strike in a row, which is only good if you get 2 prizes, and absolutely terrible in a single prize pokemon, this if that pokemon has 140 HP (Lunala + Kukui) you don't waste energy
Makes sense, I assume this means you are just waiting for the non-GX solgaleo in sm2?