• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Solgaleo GX/ Rayquaza GUR

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon

• 3x Solgaleo GX SUM
  • 2x Cosmoem SUM
  • 3x Cosmog SUM
  • 1x Solgaleo GUR
  • 3x Rayquaza GUR
  • 2x Tapu Lele GX GUR

Trainers Supporters

• 4x Professor Sycamore
  • 2x Hala
  • 1x Lillie
  • 1x N
  • 2x Lysandre
  • 2x Skyla

Trainers Other

• 4x Rare Candy
  • 3x Ultra Ball
  • 3x Timer Ball
  • 3x Altar of the Sunne
  • 2x Parallel City
  • 4x Puzzle of Time
  • 2x Field Blower
  • 1x Float Stone

Energy
  • 10x Energy

To be fair, you didn't exactly explain any of your card choices. Here is what I would critique based on my testing with SolgaRay.

10 energy? Are those all basic? I've been testing 9 metal and 3 DCE to pretty good effect, and I've seen others trying 10/2. This way Lele and Ray can be used efficiently. Regardless, I'd say you want more than 10 energy.

Puzzle of Time is questionable in a deck like this. Ideally what are you trying to recover with these? Super Rod has been more than enough recovery for me.

5 stadium is a really high count, not to mention the other 2 Field Blowers you have too. I'm guessing you're trying to overpower the stadium war but this is a stage 2 deck that requires all the help it can get to be consistent. Those stadiums are dead cards during your set up.

You only have 3 ball search cards for Cosmogs. If you start Ray or Lele and whiff the Ultra ball your deck is going nowhere fast. I would go with 4 Ultra Ball and 2 Level or Nest Ball. I'm always nervous when I end my first turn with only a single Cosmog on the field as an early KO on it will derail your momentum.

Your supporter line seems ok but Hala is a terrible supporter to have in your opening hand. I would only play 1 and add another N. Might even consider dropping a Sycamore for another N on top of that. Wally and Hex Maniac are also worth considering as techs against the meta.

Without Shaymin EX or Trainers Mail you are relying pretty heavily on Lele > Skyla to get your combo pieces together. As you have no way to reach for Rare Candy/Float Stone/Ball card without using a supporter.

Let me know what you think about these suggestions!

To be fair, you didn't exactly explain any of your card choices. Here is what I would critique based on my testing with SolgaRay.

Yeah I guess I don't really know what to say about them until someone has suggestions?

10 energy? Are those all basic? I've been testing 9 metal and 3 DCE to pretty good effect, and I've seen others trying 10/2. This way Lele and Ray can be used efficiently. Regardless, I'd say you want more than 10 energy.

On the Energy, I had it formatted on a different document and I simply didn't copy enough I guess. I currently have it at 10 Metal. I wouldn't be opposed to 10 M-2 DCE or something, but I suppose I assumed I'll just Sol Burst an energy onto Ray and then attach when I want to use his attack.

Puzzle of Time is questionable in a deck like this. Ideally what are you trying to recover with these? Super Rod has been more than enough recovery for me.

Puzzle of Time is mainly there because I feel like I have more important Items that may get tossed in an opening hand, like Rare Candies. Considering Ray I don't think Super Rod is worthwhile is this deck. If I want Pokemon back I would've used Stretcher.

5 stadium is a really high count, not to mention the other 2 Field Blowers you have too. I'm guessing you're trying to overpower the stadium war but this is a stage 2 deck that requires all the help it can get to be consistent. Those stadiums are dead cards during your set up.

I think Parallel was a leftover from when I was playing Shaymins. The Field Blowers are really important against Garb so that I can maintain my abilities.

You only have 3 ball search cards for Cosmogs. If you start Ray or Lele and whiff the Ultra ball your deck is going nowhere fast. I would go with 4 Ultra Ball and 2 Level or Nest Ball. I'm always nervous when I end my first turn with only a single Cosmog on the field as an early KO on it will derail your momentum.

Could probably do 4 Ultra 2 Nest, I like Timer Ball in theory I just never seem to find a good place to utilize it.

Your supporter line seems ok but Hala is a terrible supporter to have in your opening hand. I would only play 1 and add another N. Might even consider dropping a Sycamore for another N on top of that. Wally and Hex Maniac are also worth considering as techs against the meta.

I like having N as a disruptor in the late game, but early game I think allowing your opponent to have a new hand is just as bad and drawing a smaller new hand (so long as you aren't grabbing less cards in your hand than you started with.)

Without Shaymin EX or Trainers Mail you are relying pretty heavily on Lele > Skyla to get your combo pieces together. As you have no way to reach for Rare Candy/Float Stone/Ball card without using a supporter.

Yeah, should probably get at least 3 Trainer's Mail in there.

Let's start off with a new decklist, lets see what you think.

Pokemon

• 3x Solgaleo GX SUM
  • 2x Cosmoem SUM
  • 3x Cosmog SUM
  • 1x Solgaleo GUR
  • 3x Rayquaza GUR
  • 2x Tapu Lele GX GUR

Trainers Supporters

• 4x Professor Sycamore
  • 2x Hala
  • 1x Lillie
  • 2x N
  • 2x Lysandre
  • 2x Skyla

Trainers Other

• 4x Rare Candy
  • 4x Ultra Ball
  • 2x Nest Ball
  • 4x Altar of the Sunne
  • 4x Puzzle of Time
  • 3x Trainer's Mail
  • 2x Field Blower

Energy
  • 10x Metal Energy
  • 2x Double Colorless

Yeah I guess I don't really know what to say about them until someone has suggestions?

On the Energy, I had it formatted on a different document and I simply didn't copy enough I guess. I currently have it at 10 Metal. I wouldn't be opposed to 10 M-2 DCE or something, but I suppose I assumed I'll just Sol Burst an energy onto Ray and then attach when I want to use his attack.

Puzzle of Time is mainly there because I feel like I have more important Items that may get tossed in an opening hand, like Rare Candies. Considering Ray I don't think Super Rod is worthwhile is this deck. If I want Pokemon back I would've used Stretcher.

I think Parallel was a leftover from when I was playing Shaymins. The Field Blowers are really important against Garb so that I can maintain my abilities.

Could probably do 4 Ultra 2 Nest, I like Timer Ball in theory I just never seem to find a good place to utilize it.

I like having N as a disruptor in the late game, but early game I think allowing your opponent to have a new hand is just as bad and drawing a smaller new hand (so long as you aren't grabbing less cards in your hand than you started with.)

Yeah, should probably get at least 3 Trainer's Mail in there.

Let's start off with a new decklist, lets see what you think.

Pokemon

• 3x Solgaleo GX SUM
  • 2x Cosmoem SUM
  • 3x Cosmog SUM
  • 1x Solgaleo GUR
  • 3x Rayquaza GUR
  • 2x Tapu Lele GX GUR

Trainers Supporters

• 4x Professor Sycamore
  • 2x Hala
  • 1x Lillie
  • 2x N
  • 2x Lysandre
  • 2x Skyla

Trainers Other

• 4x Rare Candy
  • 4x Ultra Ball
  • 2x Nest Ball
  • 4x Altar of the Sunne
  • 4x Puzzle of Time
  • 3x Trainer's Mail
  • 2x Field Blower

Energy
  • 10x Metal Energy
  • 2x Double Colorless

Without going too far into the weeds, I think this would help you immensely.

-2 Altar of the Sunne
-1 Hala
-1 Skyla
+1 Silent Lab (can really disrupt a lot of decks)
+1 Cosmog (you ideally get 2 down T1 so Deciplume can't KO them both)
+2 Hex Maniac (effective against a number of match ups and essential against Deciplume so you can actually evolve into Solgaleo)

Without going too far into the weeds, I think this would help you immensely.

-2 Altar of the Sunne
-1 Hala
-1 Skyla
+1 Silent Lab (can really disrupt a lot of decks)
+1 Cosmog (you ideally get 2 down T1 so Deciplume can't KO them both)
+2 Hex Maniac (effective against a number of match ups and essential against Deciplume so you can actually evolve into Solgaleo)

I don't have silent lab T_T, but when I get one I'll try it out.

I don't have silent lab T_T, but when I get one I'll try it out.

Those are pretty cheap if you need to buy it and I am guessing it won't take much if you need to sell it. I run three of them in my Manectric / Solgaleo deck in expanded and that has really turned the Volcanion match up (which is really the only one that hits for weakness) into a winnable one while also slowing down a lot of other decks and providing a good amount of disruption for decks that run things like Wobbuffet as a wall expecting to bar Solgaleo. Honestly, outside of blocking Tapu Lele's ability which shouldn't be too much of a problem, there is no downside to running the stadium.

Back