• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Solgaleo GX/Ninetales GX

XCITE

Aspiring Trainer
21 Pokémon

4 Cosmog SUM
1 Cosmoem SUM
2 Solgaleo GX SUM
2 Solgaleo GX PR
3 Alolan Vulpix GRI ( 3 because it 2 hits Blacephalon and frequently gets KO'd)
2 Alolan Ninetales GX LTH
2 Tapu Lele GRI
1 Mudkip CST
1 Swampert CST ( Fixes the deck's Late Game Draw Issues and Counters Blacephalon Hard)
1 Dhelmise GRI ( Hit Those Numbers on Naganadel, Buzzwole, Decidueye, etc.)
1 Marshadow SLG ( play it right before beast ring turn!)
1 Solgaleo <> UPR

27 Trainers

4 Cynthia
3 Guzma
1 Lillie
3 Professor Elm's Lecture
1 Cyrus <> (Devastating to Malamar and Blacephalon)
4 Ultra Ball
4 Rare Candy
1 Choice Band ( For Blacephalon and Marshadow)
1 Field Blower
2 Max Potion
1 Rescue Stretcher
2 Mt. Coronet

12 Energy

7 Metal
3 DCE
1 Fairy ( For Ninetales)
1 Super Boost <>

Suggestions Greatly Appreciated!

MU Spread:

Blacephalon/Naganadel: Disadvantageous
Zororoc: Advantageous
Zoroark Control: Advantageous
Lost March: Advantageous
Sylveon: Advantageous
Alolan Eggs: Even
Gardevoir/Ninetales: Advantageous
Granbull: Advantageous
Buzzroc/Buzztales: N/A
Decidueye/Zoroark:Advatageous

Last edited:

TorchHG

Aspiring Trainer
I do have to say that I do like the main idea of this deck. Alolan Ninetales GX (LOT) to help fix Solgaleo GXs setup is really great. Also like the inclusion of Energy Loto to combo with Mysterious Guidance. The main question I have is the reason for Dialga. I understand that it helps trade better into Stage 1 decks like Zoroark / Lycanroc, but against decks like those, would it be more worthwhile to try to capitalize on the use of Max Potion? Dialga may be the option that helps, but it might be better to add some consistency, instead (especially since you either have to search it out with Vulpix or Ultra ball. No real other options besides drawing into it).

I might also suggest making the Fairy a Rainbow Energy, as not only does it give you access to Ninetales GX as an attacker, it does allow Tapu Lele GX to sometimes act as a Max Potion or 2!

I also don't see too many other funky things with this list, so with just a little more testing and refining, I feel this list is good!

Wechselbalg

brb
Instead of Dialga, consider 1 baby Solgaleo from GRI, with Choice Band and Dhelmise it hits 210. Besides, you don't need an evolution deck counter because the SUM Solgaleo-GX already OHKOes everything with Choice Band. Also, Marshadow is not good for decks that don't play Treasure because you can only search it with Ultra Ball which you will already need to search Solgaleo/Ninetales/Lele or even your basics.

Last edited:

lukas2aces

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Since you are running Alolan Ninetales GX and you can search out items, it might be interesting tech to play 1 Counter Gain. I can see the deck falling behind 1 or 2 prizes early game, it might give a surprise attack with a DCE of Swampert, or 2 energy on Solgaleo GX (230 damage). Or even the new Solgaleo GX with 1 metal or Rainbow energy if you miss DCE. I feel like it gives you options.