'Solgaleo' and 'Lunaala,' Sun and Moon's Legendary Pokemon?

If the new type we're all speculating about is introduced and it IS what we think, PLEASE, whoever is in charge, be creative and call it Sunshine type. Anything but 'Light' x_x.

The names are cool. I especially like that other one, Marshadow.

Kinda-sorta recalling what one of the posts mentioned, if these were the names of the Legendaries (Solgaleo and Lunaala) --which I'm totally into-- and, as the post also suggested, if Marshadow happens to be the "third" Legendary:

Marshadow
1. Marsh
2. Shadow
3. MARS

...just leaving this over here *flies away into the (Mar)shadow*

Something lion-esque, and with wings? Hmm, my mind jumps to a griffin. That would be cool as a Pokémon.

images

If this creature would represent the sun or the moon, I don't really know, though.

"Solgaleon" would require it to be based of a lion (Leon), for which there is no evidence at all at this point.
Also any name that ends in -eon is usually an eeveelution.

Kinda-sorta recalling what one of the posts mentioned, if these were the names of the Legendaries (Solgaleo and Lunaala) --which I'm totally into-- and, as the post also suggested, if Marshadow happens to be the "third" Legendary:

Marshadow
1. Marsh
2. Shadow
3. MARS

...just leaving this over here *flies away into the (Mar)shadow*
Marshadow actually sound like a water - ghost starter to me!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually hoping for the sun Pokemon to be part poison-type (because of the sun releasing radioacive/toxic stuff in nuclear fusion). It would be creative and we need a poison legendary (Arceus doesn't count)!

If the new type we're all speculating about is introduced and it IS what we think, PLEASE, whoever is in charge, be creative and call it Sunshine type. Anything but 'Light' x_x.

The names are cool. I especially like that other one, Marshadow.

First off, not to rain on your parade or anything, but people aren't really speculating about a new type, mainly because its likely not happening due to having already gotten a new type just recently. That or I missed something overhead, but that is just me. That said, IF there would be a new type, I think the names "Solar" or "Cosmic" work better. I'd lead more towards Cosmic myself.

So I think they should be and lion and a wolf like this

Oh wow, those look fantastic! Kudos to the artist that made them. The Moon legendary is straight up Anubis like, very creative. I also like the cosmic/alien look about them. Very neat!

First off, not to rain on your parade or anything, but people aren't really speculating about a new type, mainly because its likely not happening due to having already gotten a new type just recently. That or I missed something overhead, but that is just me. That said, IF there would be a new type, I think the names "Solar" or "Cosmic" work better. I'd lead more towards Cosmic myself.

Oh. I guess I saw a few people and assumed it was a lot, lol. I don't really like 'Cosmic,' but that's just me. Doesn't really give Spiritomb/Sableye a weakness xD. Sunshine/Solar would.

Oh. I guess I saw a few people and assumed it was a lot, lol. I don't really like 'Cosmic,' but that's just me. Doesn't really give Spiritomb/Sableye a weakness xD. Sunshine/Solar would.

Its cool, no problem. However, I'm not counting on a new type again after getting Fairy in the previous gen. Also Spiritomb and Sableye have a weakness to Fairy already. Fairy is pretty much already somewhat "Light" based.

btw, regarding "Marshadow", if that is indeed the 3rd legendary, the only thing that goes through my mind is "For what?". I say this because after what they did to Zygarde, I don't know why they even bother to make 3rd legendaries if they're not going to use them as game mascots...

I dunno if it's sharing the latin thing, but I found that reki can mean rubble in japanese so... Giganto rubble! Yay!

Oh, and it's wing as in shoulders, squadrons, aisles, basically a general location i guess so don't take it as it'll be a bird. Wing as in flight is pars

where did you get reki and giganto from? i guess i am just confused with what you are saying.

btw, regarding "Marshadow", if that is indeed the 3rd legendary, the only thing that goes through my mind is "For what?". I say this because after what they did to Zygarde, I don't know why they even bother to make 3rd legendaries if they're not going to use them as game mascots...

Good point you're making there. But have you ever thought of the following possiblity here below?

If Marshadow is indeed representing a eclipse, what if Marshadow wasn't the Trio Master perse, but rather, a offspring of both the Sun and Moon Legends of some kind, due to ancient myths and legends involving the Sun and Moon falling in "love"? If you think about it, it kind of makes sense. This is because both the sun and moon are astronomical objects, whereas a eclipse isn't something physical but rather a effect caused by said mentioned objects, mostly resulting from the Moon, which makes double sense because the Moon also represents femininity, seeing as children come forth from female species.

Lunar Eclipse:
Occurs only when the Moon, the Sun and the Earth are alligned perfectly, and the moon moves into the Earth's "shadow" .
Solar Eclipse:
Occurs only when the Moon moves into the path of the Sun and blocks off all its sunlight/energy.

The name would make a lot of sense, because Marshadow (if speculation ends up true) could technically be seen as the "shadow child" of the Moon and the Sun (Solar Eclipse), or the Moon, the Sun and the Earth (Lunar Eclipse). Basically, the legendary would be the child that's born from the shadows of the Sun and Moon and/or Earth.

Besides that, I agree with others that Marshadow, whatever it may end up being, is without a doubt going to be a Dark Type of some kind, that is if it represents the Eclipse. As for its typing, I'm looking at "Dark/Grass" myself. Why the "Grass" type you ask? Because if anyone has noticed, and I sure you have, the word "Marshadow" includes the word "Marsh" which is a type of wetland dominated by herbaceous plants. In addition, if one takes this into account, ironically all three Legendaries would represent the classic "Starter" triangle. That is if the Sun represents the Fire type and the Moon Legendary has the Water typing.

Its also very possible that Marshadow could refer to Planet Mars, as the latter is said to have a poisonous atmosphere, which in case, Poison/Dark would be the perfect ace typing for it, and make it the very first Poison-type Legendary many have been clamouring for. In addition, I'm convinced that Zygarde is still going to play a bigger role as well, due to the fact that the Earth is needed to create the Lunar Eclipse. In essence, the line up, if the names end up being true, could end up being the following:

Solgaleo - the Sun.
Lunaala - the Moon
Marshadow - the Eclipse
Zygarde - the Earth

As for their typings, aside Zygarde who is Ground/Dragon, these are my following predictions/speculations:

Solgaleo - Fire/Fairy, Fire/Grass or Fire/Electric (the latter because the sun has a electromagnetic field around it)
Lunaala - Water/Dark or Water/Flying (the latter due to Ala meaning Wing in Spanish)
Marshadow - Dark/Grass or Poison/Dark (see above explanations - leaning towards the latter)

Last edited:
where did you get reki and giganto from? i guess i am just confused with what you are saying.
Originally, the post also had a third thing listed. "Gigareki" was stated to not have a picture, but I guess it was discovered to be unrelated since it was removed and nowhere else is mentioning it.

Also, here's my guess on the pokemon...

Solgaleo (Solar, Leo, Galleon)
A large lion-like creature with a blazing mane that's probably way too strong with its attack stats. I'm getting this from the original use for galleons as warships. I'm guessing pure Fire.

Lunaala (Lunar, Latin for wing [shoulder, squadron, wing, etc])
A large bird like creature with floating parts, probably a bunch of crescent shapes as its wings like floating feathers. I'm guessing Water/Ice.

Also, fun fact, there's Galilean Moons... Hmm.. Galileo + Moon..?

Likely, Marshadow is the third Legendary ala Zygarde and Kyurem. Shadow probably references eclipses, which would fit perfectly with the sun and moon themes of the other two.
As for Gigareki, I'm thinking it might be the tiki Pokemon from the Strange Souvenir. Giga for big (Eastern island tikis are big) and reki for...um...wreck? Wreck the enemy and protect Alola? (Strange Souvenir says it represents a protector Pokemon)

Back