'Solgaleo' and 'Lunaala,' Sun and Moon's Legendary Pokemon?

Oh man, imagine Mega Rayquaza as the battle partner in doubles, and basically getting a free multiscale.

Don't forget M-Rayquaza's Delta Stream ability which weakens the effectiveness of types against the Flying type, granting it even more defensive power on top of the theorized increased effect of Shadow Shield.

New realization of Solgaleo's concept:

I just got a new realization regarding Solgaleo's Psychic/Steel typing that further strengthens the Nemean Lion/Leo Zodiac theory. Although it doesn't embody the sun itself as we know by now, but rather is the emissary of the sun, what if Solgaleo, instead, embodied a White Dwarf star, explaining its white fur, its star-shaped mane, and the way it radiates out its own vast amounts of stored energy which it gained from devouring and digesting the sun's light, hence the whole "The Lion That Devours The Sun" alchemic symbol? I mean, the official site even states that Solgaleo stores vast amounts of energy.

From Wikipedia - White Dwarf:
A white dwarf, also called a degenerate dwarf, is a stellar remnant composed mostly of electron-degenerate matter. A white dwarf is very dense: its mass is comparable to that of the Sun, while its volume is comparable to that of Earth. A white dwarf's faint luminosity comes from the emission of stored thermal energy.

The devouring and digesting part in turn, as described in alchemy, may be a reference to a star's cycle of constantly fusing its inner atoms until becomes a white dwarf. More, according to this link, a White Dwarf star, due to the amounts of carbon it has, is compared to a gigantic diamond in space. Now to which Pokémon type does Diamond relate to? The Steel type, which Solgaleo has along with the Psychic type which associates with cosmic concepts. Basically Solgaleo would have a hide comparable to diamond, further strengthening the idea of the Nemean Lion into its design. I mean, if the gold and red bits on Solgaleo's mane are meant to represent the sun in image, its not crazy to think that the rest of its white body is a reference to a final form of a star, that being a White Dwarf.

Thinking about Solgaleo this way, makes it a pretty awesome Pokémon concept on its own. At least to me it does.

Last edited:
Back