Regional_Champs_logo_sm.jpg

April 16th
Tournament Location
The Queen Mary, 1126 Queen's Highway, Long Beach, Ca
PH: (800) 437-2934

Tournament entry is FREE!

Registration and Start Time
Registration for Round 1 opens at 7:30 am and closes at 8:45 am

The Regional Championship player's meeting begins at 9:00 am sharp!!!

How to Sign-Up and Play
Arrive onsite no later than ½ hour before the tournament start time. Thank you.

A Registration Slip is required to be entered into the event! We need it ASAP after you arrive on the ship! Slips turned in past 8:45 am will NOT make Round 1 of the Championships!

Please allow enough time to fill out your decklist prior to the Player's Meeting — download it now, fill it out, and bring it with you! Or better yet...use this cool online decklist tool to create, double-check, and print your decklist: http://pokegym.net/decklist You will need to turn in your decklist at the player's meeting. Also, please rememeber to bring your POP ID. Thanks.

Prizes
The top 16 finishers in each of the three age categories receive the following prizes:

1st Place

• Pokémon TCG Regional Champion 1st Place Medal
• Travel award for the winner (including a parent or legal guardian for players under 18)*
• Scholarship award worth $1500
• First- and second-round bye at the US National Championships**
• Combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions
• Other cool Pokémon merchandise

2nd Place

• Pokémon TCG Regional Championships 2nd Place Medal
• Scholarship award worth $1000
• First- and second-round bye at the US National Championships

3rd & 4th Place

• Pokémon TCG Regional Championships 3rd or 4th Place Medal

5th - 8th Place

• Combination of 18 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions
9th - 16th Place

• Combination of 9 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

* This is a travel award to the Nationals of the country hosting that particular Regional. If a Canadian wins a US Regional, we need to pass the prize down to the highest placing US resident.

** This is also a bye to the Nationals of the country hosting the Regional. It cannot be passed down so if a US player wins or places second at a Canadian Regional, the bye just goes away. This does not stack with the byes won at SPTs. There is no way to get a three round bye.

Additionally, participants will receive a Pokémon TCG 2011 Regional Championship promo card, while supplies last, just for playing! Also, we will have some fun door prizes of other cool Pokémon merchandise.

Special Events
We have the following super cool & neat special events for participating Regional Championship players:

Video Game League (bring your DS Pokemon and do battle!)
Create-a-Card contest (with colored pencils and crayons)
Paper airplane contest (yes...just like at CA States last month!)
Side Events
4-player "Draft-in-a-Box" booster drafts will be offered throughout the day and will consist of single-elimination rounds—$25 entry fee; prizes = 4 boosters for 1st, 2 boosters for 2nd, and 1 booster for 3rd-4th.

4-player constructed tournaments will be available and will consist of single-elimination rounds—$5 entry fee; prizes = 4 boosters for 1st, 2 boosters for 2nd, and 1 booster for 3rd-4th.

Team side events will be offered as interest warrants. Pricing and prizes presented onsite.

Tournament Structure
Age-Modified Swiss (1 game matches), with Top 2-32 single elimination (best 2 of 3 games) in each age divison.

Tournament Format
Modified Constructed

Queen Mary Tours
There are some exciting tours of the Queen Mary available for those who want to explore the past and see how ocean liner passengers fared while journeying across the seas.

The following vendors have signed up for this event:

TVN Collectibles
Kirstin's Collectibles
Desperate4Cards.com
PT&E

who else is going?

RE: California Regionals

My first tournament after turning 20 years old. You bet I'll be there. It'll be sort of a landmark for me.

RE: California Regionals

You should probably changed the thread title to "SoCal regionals" since there are two in CA and there's a NorCal regionals thread already

Hey to all seinors that are going to the socal regional I think we should try to meet up somewhere. Anyine have any ideas/suggestions

although I'm not a senior, you guys could probably meet over by the russian sub. I think that would be the more obvious place to meet up with someone at the queen mary.

well not being native to the area I don't know where that is, but I was thinking we could meet up in the back (in referance to the entrance). I was also wondering is there anyone out there that has a gengar X for trade/lend, my bro. might need one.

it's a huge ship. to the left of the entrance there is a russian sub.. kinda hard to miss it. you just have to agree on meeting on the side closer to the entrance to the ship, or on the side opposite the entrance to the restaurant.

( ' sub/hangar) |restaurant entrance| (back end of sub) :benches: |entrance to ship|

Oh... I thought you ment a sub shop or something like that, na I would rather be inside the event area. Anyone else have any input?

goodness, I hope it doesn't last as long as states did. I'm not sure if there will be less people there cuz nor cal has their own regionals, but the prizes are bigger than states, so who knows..

Last year Regs was smaller than States. Hopefully the same will be true this year as well. I can only hope.

Back