RMT Soak/Ion Deluge Team

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
The idea behind this team is to use Soak in combination with Ion Deluge to both remove stab and to allow any normal attack to hit for weakness on any pokemon that has been previously soaked.

Lanturn @ Leftovers
(Volt Absorb) Calm
252 Hp 160 Def 92 SpD (something like that)
- Ion Deluge
- Soak
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

The main core of the team. Lanturn uses Soak to both make pokemon water type to hit for weakness, and to remove STAB. It can follow up with Ion Deluge on to its partners normal type moves to make them electric and hit for weakness. Thunderbolt so it can do damage itself. And protect to use when a ground type attack is headed its way. Trained as a Mix Tank.

Noivern @ Life Orb
(Infiltrator) Timid
252 Spe 252 SpA 4 HP
-Draco Meteor
-Boomburst
-Air Slash
-Protect

Noivern uses Boomburst along side of Ion Deluge to not only hit both opponents for electric damage (hopefully at least one of them water type due to soak) and it heals Lantern thanks to Volt Absorb. Protect to stall a turn while Lanturn soaks a pokemon. Draco Meteor to straight up destroy something when it needs to. Air Slash as a filler for now. But flinching is always nice i guess.

Lickilicky @ Sitrus Berry
(Oblivious) Adamant
252 HP 252 Atk 4 Defs
-Power Whip
-Belly Drum/Sword Dance
-Explosion
-Protect

Lickilicky's main draw is Explosion that can also wipe out ghost types and heal Lanturn. It can Sword Dance/Belly Drum when it can find the time to hit even harder (might need to be changed). Power Whip can hit for SE damage once soak is up. Protect to stall for a turn.

Mow-Rotom @ Chesto Berry
(Levitate) Calm
252 Hp 252 SpD 4 Def
-Discharge
-Leaf Storm
-Will O Wisp
-Rest

MowTom for grass coverage. Discharge to combo with Lanturn once again. Leaf Storm to help deal with the ground types and also to be used against single targets incase Lanturn is no longer in the picture. Will O Wisp to provide attack drops with 2 pokemon being special walls. Lastly Chesto Resto. Was thinking of changing this pokemon with Mega Venusaur, as its bulkier, can hit hard, has sustain, and has sleep powder, one of my favorite moves.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
(Trace/Pixilate) Timid
252 Spe 252 SpA 4 HP
-Psyshock
-Hyper Voice
-Protect
-Heal Pulse

Current Mega. It is there when my opponents team is just filled with dragon pokemon. It can Mega if there are, or not incase there isn't any. Psyshock to do damage physically when i need to. Hyper voice to be either Electric or Fairy. Heal Pulse to help other pokemon stay around.

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
(Serene Grace) Modest
252 Spe 252 SpA 4 HP
-Hyper Voice
-Air Slash
-Trick
-Flamethrower/Thunder wave

Togekiss for Air Slash and Trick. It also carries Hyper Voice for the spread Electric. Flamethrower for some random coverage/Thunder wave incase i need to trick off the scarf, it can still then outspeed.

Any suggests on EV spreads, move set changes, pokemon suggestions/substitutions? Im still in the planning stages of this and only have Noivern and Lanturn bred and trained thus far.

Thanks in advance.

A big issue I see here is that your strategy falls apart if the opponent switches. I would consider swapping Lickilicky for a Wobbuffet or Shadow Tag Gothitelle to stop the opponent from switching.

I understand that they can switch out of Soak. The pokemon doesn't have to be soaked.

I think the problem with using Wobuffet/Gothitelle is that it has no real synergy with the entire strategy. Sure it can prevent switches. But Lanturn isn't really meant to attack very often. Its partner is suppose to dish out the majority of the damage.

This team could possibly use a secondary Ion Deluge pokemon with Volt Absorb, Motor Drive, or something along those lines. Maybe Electivire

Back