• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Sniping Breloom

xwattzy

Head Small Brain
Hello Pokebeach

With the eminent release of Cosmic Eclipse I figured I would post the list I had the most fun playing with this expansion. Mostly online because traveling 25+ miles has been hard lately. I hope you can make improvements or find it useful in the next expansion. I will also be looking into ways to fix this after finishing up with my current project deck.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pokemon

4 Shroomish UNM 5/236
4 Breloom UNM 108/236
2 Snorunt UNM 37/236
2 Froslass UNM 38/236
1 Diancie* FLI 74/131
1 Ditto* LOT 154/214
3 Mareep LOT 75/214
2 Venonat UNB 9/214
2 Venomoth UNB 11/214

Trainers

4 Cynthia UPR 119/156
2 Professor Elm's Lecture LOT 188/214
3 Lillie UPR 125/156
1 Brock's Grit TEU 135/181
4 Switch CES 147/168
4 Slumbering Forest UNM 207/236
2 Pokegear 3.0 UNB 182/214
4 Net Ball LOT 187/214
4 Pokemon Communication TEU 152/181
3 Escape Board UPR 122/156

Energy

5 Grass Energy
3 Unit Energy GFW UPR 137/156

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you guys have some fun with this list. I have had struggles against Mew3, but I find hitting Pikarom and Reshizard for OHKO with 1 energy to be satisfying. Even sniping can be good against mally toolbox. The one improvement i could see is trying to make room for Custom Catcher. That would allow you to take out any Mew from the bench that Mally relies on.

Last edited:
I went full breloom with my list, teched in araquanid to wall fire decks and ninetales to wall mew3 and gardeon. Still struggling against mally.

I went full breloom with my list, teched in araquanid to wall fire decks and ninetales to wall mew3 and gardeon. Still struggling against mally.

That's because you need to target the mallys and full breloom struggles.

First of all,the deck contains 61 cards.Otherwise it seems like a solid list.I'll suggest the following adjustments.
Change the Escape Boards into U-Turn Boards since you don't run Jirachi.I'm not sure whether 7 switch cards is too much or just enough,maybe cut 1 U-Turn Board since you nearly never lost it.
The pokemon list seems a little clunky.Cut 1 Snorunt since it's useless in none-fire machups.You have Ditto together with Brock to get access to multiple Froslass.As for the free slot,add 1 Pokegear for stability.

Last edited:
People play the second snorunt so they cant put two down so if reshizard gusts one up you can still evolve into a frosslass next turn. Also, yeah, 61 cards man, no need to cheat man

People play the second snorunt so they cant put two down so if reshizard gusts one up you can still evolve into a frosslass next turn. Also, yeah, 61 cards man, no need to cheat man

Yeah i accidently did a 4 of unit energy not a 3

First of all,the deck contains 61 cards.Otherwise it seems like a solid list.I'll suggest the following adjustments.
Change the Escape Boards into U-Turn Boards since you don't run Jirachi.I'm not sure whether 7 switch cards is too much or just enough,maybe cut 1 U-Turn Board since you nearly never lost it.
The pokemon list seems a little clunky.Cut 1 Snorunt since it's useless in none-fire machups.You have Ditto together with Brock to get access to multiple Froslass.As for the free slot,add 1 Pokegear for stability.

I actually dont find snorunt to be that bad to have 2 of... Using froslass vs non fire is viable. Say you do 140 to a mew3 with your breloom but you dont have another one set up? You can still ko with the froslass for a game win.

Also the escape board was because I found that others can paralyze or put you to sleep then uturn is a bit too much...

If i did swap to uturn I could play a 2 of and maybe fit in custom

Disclaimer, I haven't played breloom or venomoth... but I don't understand why it is necessary to have froslass at all. Is reshi a particularly tough matchup? At this point it isn't bdif, it is just one of many tag teams you can't ohko, along with lucario and melmetal, tinachomp, marchamp, gardeon, mewmew etc. If the deck is going to work in general against tag teams, what makes reshizard necessary to "win more" against?

Also, mew could help against mewmew a bit, and pikarom (not that you struggle there), and of course the inevitable venomoth mirror o_O
In addition, you could put in a couple grimsley and use grimsley plus an attack from mew to KO their mew vs mally. That way their active is still napping, and you can snipe next turn. Giratina/mally nearly always has 3 damage counters somewhere you can move around. Custom catcher is another option, but since you can drop mew down any time for an instant benefit, grimsley is then a single card instead of a 2 card combo with catchers. Tag team matchups that happen to play mew will also have movable damage most of the time, since you are 2hkoing.

Disclaimer, I haven't played breloom or venomoth... but I don't understand why it is necessary to have froslass at all. Is reshi a particularly tough matchup? At this point it isn't bdif, it is just one of many tag teams you can't ohko, along with lucario and melmetal, tinachomp, marchamp, gardeon, mewmew etc. If the deck is going to work in general against tag teams, what makes reshizard necessary to "win more" against?

Also, mew could help against mewmew a bit, and pikarom (not that you struggle there), and of course the inevitable venomoth mirror o_O
In addition, you could put in a couple grimsley and use grimsley plus an attack from mew to KO their mew vs mally. That way their active is still napping, and you can snipe next turn. Giratina/mally nearly always has 3 damage counters somewhere you can move around. Custom catcher is another option, but since you can drop mew down any time for an instant benefit, grimsley is then a single card instead of a 2 card combo with catchers. Tag team matchups that happen to play mew will also have movable damage most of the time, since you are 2hkoing.

Reshizard isnt that terrible of a matchup but you get a free win against him. Not only that but its 140 for single energy or 40 plus sleep for single energy. The deck is entirely about single energy attackers without needing too much tech that finding the right card at the right time can be an issue...

Hi, I have a few questions: how do you avoid Espeon & Deoxys Tag Team GX crushing your bench? And how do you play against Gardeon (due to Xerneas' GX attack). I find this deck very interesting and I’m considering testing it for a League Cup, but I’m not sure since I don’t really know the meta of that city too well.

Hi, I have a few questions: how do you avoid Espeon & Deoxys Tag Team GX crushing your bench? And how do you play against Gardeon (due to Xerneas' GX attack). I find this deck very interesting and I’m considering testing it for a League Cup, but I’m not sure since I don’t really know the meta of that city too well.

See the idea is to keep their active sleeping and snipe vs mew3 decks. Deoxeon is a real challenge I cannot lie. Gardeon can be a pain too. You just need to keep them asleep and get that diancie out for extra damage. Best bet vs gardeon is getting them to deck out...

I actually dont find snorunt to be that bad to have 2 of... Using froslass vs non fire is viable. Say you do 140 to a mew3 with your breloom but you dont have another one set up? You can still ko with the froslass for a game win.

Also the escape board was because I found that others can paralyze or put you to sleep then uturn is a bit too much...

If i did swap to uturn I could play a 2 of and maybe fit in custom
There's few deck in Standard format that make your Pokemon paralyze or asleep without knocking it out,so Escape Board is not that useful.Also you have 4 Switch to deal with Special Conditions.You don't quite need Custom Catcher because you have Venomoth to hit backrow,and that would take 4 slots.You can use 1-2 Great Catcher after SM12 is avaliable.As for Snorunt,I agree with SableyeGuy,2 is ok to prevent Catcher or Ninetales.

I have been testing this list in the PTCGO. I find it a bit inconsistent, but with Rosa being avaliable in Cosmic Eclipse, it can boost the consistency after every KO you receive. I haven’t found yet the spots for Mew and Aza, and tbh, if yout opponent plays Mew, I think it’s better to go Breloom than make your consistency even worse

I have been testing this list in the PTCGO. I find it a bit inconsistent, but with Rosa being avaliable in Cosmic Eclipse, it can boost the consistency after every KO you receive. I haven’t found yet the spots for Mew and Aza, and tbh, if yout opponent plays Mew, I think it’s better to go Breloom than make your consistency even worse

I agree consistency is kind of an issue some times. But not often if you play right... I dont like KOing mew3 i prefer to snipe bench while he stays asleep

There is alot of improvements coming in cosmic eclipse

I agree consistency is kind of an issue some times. But not often if you play right... I dont like KOing mew3 i prefer to snipe bench while he stays asleep

There is alot of improvements coming in cosmic eclipse

Sure, being Rosa the most notable one.

For consistency, I have cut an U-Turn Board (being retrievable, 2 is enough), 2 Elm’s and I’m not sure what else I did, probably a Pokegear, and added 1 Lillie, 2 Erika’s Hospitality and a Net Ball. It doesn’t seem to miss the effect of Elm while increasing a lot it’s mid-to-late game play.

Sure, being Rosa the most notable one.

For consistency, I have cut an U-Turn Board (being retrievable, 2 is enough), 2 Elm’s and I’m not sure what else I did, probably a Pokegear, and added 1 Lillie, 2 Erika’s Hospitality and a Net Ball. It doesn’t seem to miss the effect of Elm while increasing a lot it’s mid-to-late game play.
isnt netball rotated out? adding too much will utterly trash consistancy

Back