SM10 'Double Blaze,' 'GG End,' and 'Sky Legends' Announced!

CYL

All hail Eevee!
Pokemon is actually going somewhere with their TCG products. I couldn't be any more proud than I am right now. The Pokemon TCG is no longer one of those geek-oriented, Magic The Gathering fads that a few people play. It's coming into its own as a pastime and hobby for families and people of all ages. Prompts and kudos, Pokemon.
I think it's Pokémon GO that did the trick. A few years ago I'd get laughed at for playing a "kid's game", but now it's cool to play Pokémon.

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
I think it's Pokémon GO that did the trick. A few years ago I'd get laughed at for playing a "kid's game", but now it's cool to play Pokémon.
I kind of disagree with that. Pokemon GO was a success in that it was so revolutionary. It was a unique program, something that hadn't really been done before. Right now Pokemon is starting to improve on something that has existed for a long time that no one has been too interested in until now.

CYL

All hail Eevee!
I kind of disagree with that. Pokemon GO was a success in that it was so revolutionary. It was a unique program, something that hadn't really been done before. Right now Pokemon is starting to improve on something that has existed for a long time that no one has been too interested in until now.
I don't see where we disagree. I'm simply stating what the public perception of Pokémon was before and after the release of GO.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
I quite like how catchy the GG one is. Much better than "Cosmic Storm of Awakened Heroes: Legendary Edition" or whatever.

it also means more broken cards like buzzwole for you to have to tech against in your already tight zoroark deck

WAAAAAAAH METAGAME CONCEPTS BAFFLE ME WAAAAAAAAAAAAH

CYL

All hail Eevee!
Ok, but did Pokemon GO get the public interested in the video games, TCG, or the anime?
Yes? You realize that this entire new "family-friendly" orientation (e.g. this new Family Pokémon Card Game box) is at least partially, if not majorly, thanks to Pokémon GO right? Pokémon GO got the general public - people who wouldn't have cared about Pokémon otherwise - to get into the hobby. A lot of these people are really young kids or adults who may not have the time or passion to play competitively, but they'd like to play nonetheless, so they made these products to cater to that audience.

So, yes, Pokémon GO did get the public interested in TCG, as evidenced by the fact that they're making this product for this audience especially. And Pokémon GO is literally a watered down version of the video games so if someone started playing GO and decided that they liked Pokémon video games the natural next step would be to play the main series. So GO got the public interested in the video games too.

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
Yes? You realize that this entire new "family-friendly" orientation (e.g. this new Family Pokémon Card Game box) is at least partially, if not majorly, thanks to Pokémon GO right? Pokémon GO got the general public - people who wouldn't have cared about Pokémon otherwise - to get into the hobby. A lot of these people are really young kids or adults who may not have the time or passion to play competitively, but they'd like to play nonetheless, so they made these products to cater to that audience.

So, yes, Pokémon GO did get the public interested in TCG, as evidenced by the fact that they're making this product for this audience especially. And Pokémon GO is literally a watered down version of the video games so if someone started playing GO and decided that they liked Pokémon video games the natural next step would be to play the main series. So GO got the public interested in the video games too.
I understand what you're saying here and I think to some extent, you're right. However, Pokemon GO didn't do much about the narrative surrounding the popular video games and even the TCG. I do realize that it's all Pokemon anyways, but from what I've seen among video gamers and TCG players, they usually gravitate towards one thing and don't really care about the rest. I don't mean this as a generalization, but I believe it applies to a lot of fans. In addition, most GO players didn't really go deeper into Pokemon, they just chose to spend every waking moment on the mobile app game and walk around like zombies.

Secondly, I see no connection between Pokemon GO and this new product that Japan is releasing. Yeah, it is a waterdown version of the videogames. I agree that it would've been cool for fans to get involved with the videogames too, but it hasn't really been happening.

Guess we can agree to disagree. I think one thing we can both agree on is that this new product will affect Pokemon in a different way than Pokemon GO did and will be just as revolutionary for families and people of all ages. Thanks for sharing! :)

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I hope I get a Pidgey out of the Legendary bird set. I also hope the zapdos and moltres have the same ability as the articuno. Guess Charizard gets a new card again.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I would love if they did Tag Teams for the Legendary Birds in the same way that they did the LEGEND cards of the Legendary Beasts in HS Unleashed... I always thought that was a cool way to put that trio together, so it'd be cool to see again.

Luplayz

The Master of bad Pokemon
I would love if they did Tag Teams for the Legendary Birds in the same way that they did the LEGEND cards of the Legendary Beasts in HS Unleashed... I always thought that was a cool way to put that trio together, so it'd be cool to see again.

They wont be like that sadly, they are now confirmed to all be in 1 card.

Lord Charizard

Aspiring Trainer
By “Garchomp & Giratina GX”, do they mean Garchomp GX and Giratina GX, or Garchomp & Giratina Tag Team GX?

Asking ‘cause I’m hoping beyond all hope Garchomp finally gets the full art it deserves. :)

VillagerHoss

Pokemon Connoisseur, TCG Player and Collector
Aha! It seems Pokemon had an agenda when they started making Tag Team GXs! They wanted to make this card all along!