Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Pokemon has officially revealed the full art version of Slaking V and the rainbow rare version of Professor’s Research (Professor Willow).

Slaking-V-Full-Art-Pokemon-GO-200x135.png

Willow-RR-Pokemon-GO-155x200.jpg

Pokemon also posted an example of what can be pulled out of one booster box of the Japanese set:

Pokemon-GO-Box-Pulls-300x169.png

We translated the entire Pokemon GO set last week. The rest of the set’s secret rares should leak this week, so stay tuned! The set will release in Japan on June 17th and then internationally on July 1st.

Continue reading...

Nguyen925

Aspiring Trainer
Can't wait for this set, the alternate arts look amazing with it!

Probably just going to open my 3 or 4 boxes and hope for the best. From a pre-order perspective I wish pokemon TCG would release a booster box so I could open 1 and keep the other one sealed 🤣

Dawn Hero

Aspiring Trainer
I'm here in Japan, and wondering if I will buy much of this set. I'll probably buy 1 box at least but so far, without seeing the alt arts yet, Radiant Eevee and Venusaur are the only chase cards that really have my attention. Stil a solid set though! The regular commons and uncommons are amazing anyways.

coolcorsola

Aspiring Trainer
Can't wait for this set, the alternate arts look amazing with it!

Probably just going to open my 3 or 4 boxes and hope for the best. From a pre-order perspective I wish pokemon TCG would release a booster box so I could open 1 and keep the other one sealed 🤣
Isn’t there just two alternate arts for this set? The Mewtwo and Conkeldurr ones? And certainly the Conkeldurr one is pretty unimpressive

DX2069

GOAT
Why is everyone hating on this set so hard??? That’s fine you guys can not buy this set more for me lol as a Pokémon go player I am so freaking excited for this set and event in Pokémon go

Nintenfreak

Aspiring Trainer
Why is everyone hating on this set so hard??? That’s fine you guys can not buy this set more for me lol as a Pokémon go player I am so freaking excited for this set and event in Pokémon go
Imagine playing Pokemon Go unironically in the year of our lord Arceus 2022

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
Interesting that you're excited for this. Do you think the cards are themed well enough for GO?

Personally there are only like 5 cards that show any gameplay - Ivysaur with lures, Natu with the buddy system, Blissey with gyms, Bibarel with photobombs and Aipom with catching. At a stretch you could also include Sylveon with gifts and Larvitar with the golden razz berry. & include the 4 trainers.

The other cards could be in any set ever. N-DESIGN Inc.'s cards may be reminiscent of the GO trailers or Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee trailers, but has nothing to do with gameplay. And obviously VSTAR, FA, RR and Gold are cards will never look properly themed.

Well, that's not true either. They could have mixed it up like CE FAs for Vileplume, Solgaleo & Lunala etc., but instead they copy pasted.

HershelLayton

Aspiring Trainer
A lot of the art is pretty mediocre, and the alt arts (or what we've seen) and the radiant cards are particularly horrendous. It's like Steam Siege2.0. The only redeeming part of the set is it's a special set so it won't be stuffed into collection boxes like Steam Siege was

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
The pandemic actually made Go playable for the last two years, but 2022 is when Niantic decided that they needed to undo any good will they'd built up.
I just enjoyed playing GO since 2020 and Niantic starts ruining my fun onto me, kinda like someone took away the candy from a child