'Sky Legends' Officially Revealed!

Nyora

A Cat
I feel real awkward because I made a text-based fake card yesterday that is eerily similar to this. This is real excellent, however, and will definitely see play in a Tool Drop deck. Any deck using 1 retreat cost mons will also love this.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Jessie and James: “If a player has no cards in their hand, they don’t discard any cards.”
WELL YA DON’T SAY.
Victini is going to make White Kyurem and its GX alternate very happy.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Hmm, am I right in interpreting this:

To mean that if a Pokémon is knocked out it would be returned to your hand?
Yep! It’s Rescue Scarf from back in the day.
Jirachi decks are going to love this, but do you know what’s going to love it more?
Full mill Goomy. ;)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Jirachi decks are going to love this, but do you know what’s going to love it more?
Full mill Goomy. ;)

Jirachi will stick to Escape Board because it allows Jirachi to retreat even when asleep. U Turn Board does not come with this benefit but it can be reused when discarded from the battlefield by either Field Blower or by knocking out the Pokémon this card is attached to.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Jirachi will stick to Escape Board because it allows Jirachi to retreat even when asleep. U Turn Board does not come with this benefit but it can be reused when discarded from the battlefield by either Field Blower or by knocking out the Pokémon this card is attached to.
Oh yeah. Forgot about that. Thanks.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
This is again another situation where Pokemon was thinking "Escape board wasn't a good enough board! We need another!" Much like Blizzard town. I think this set is just Pokemon trying to outdo themselves ;)

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Full mill Goomy. ;)

Oh, no, that's not what I meant- but I misread the card. The BOARD would come back to your hand, not the Pokémon it was attached to. Rescue Scarf does what I was thinking of.

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
This is again another situation where Pokemon was thinking "Escape board wasn't a good enough board! We need another!" Much like Blizzard town. I think this set is just Pokemon trying to outdo themselves ;)
Eh, I'm sure the card designers are aware that retreat reduction options have been very popular ever since Float Stone was printed, so it's not surprising that they keep printing new ones (in this case, for a theoretical future TEU-On format).

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Oh, no, that's not what I meant- but I misread the card. The BOARD would come back to your hand, not the Pokémon it was attached to. Rescue Scarf does what I was thinking of.
Oh, wait a minute, I misread the card. I thought it would be “bring the Pokémon to your hand,” not just “bring the Board to your hand.” Well, this sucks, then.
I changed my mind, nobody likes this card.

GymLdrJesse

Twitter/X @JessePrker
Advanced Member
Victini could see play but the strategy with this and birds gx seems too slow. We'll have to see what the new special energies will be before judging

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
I missed the Pokemon on the booster box, but Dwebble and Crustle being in this set brings the number of Pokemon printed during Gen 7 to 710/809. This will also be Bounsweet and Steenee's second card after the SM base set.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Oh, wait a minute, I misread the card. I thought it would be “bring the Pokémon to your hand,” not just “bring the Board to your hand.” Well, this sucks, then.
I changed my mind, nobody likes this card.

It could be a mistranslation, "this" could easily mean "This Pokémon" given the earlier reference. Otherwise it seems a lot less useful, since it doesn't have the sleep-ignoring effects of Escape Board.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Eh, I'm sure the card designers are aware that retreat reduction options have been very popular ever since Float Stone was printed, so it's not surprising that they keep printing new ones (in this case, for a theoretical future TEU-On format).
Oh, of course it's not surprising that they're doing that, knowing that they're popular options. I was just making a quip about how they made another hoverboard card.

dmode15

Aspiring Trainer
Glad I sold my secret rare escape boards already. Seems Jirachi was the one and only use for it.

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
I so want that Jesse and James card. Kojiro(James) and Musashi(Jesse) are their respective Japanese names. But that card makes the two look awesome for once. The Here Comes Team Rocket artwork was a little meh. I like the art on this one. I can't wait to see what the FA will look like.

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
Hmm, am I right in interpreting this:

To mean that if a Pokémon is knocked out it would be returned to your hand?
Yes you are correct, if your pokemon is KOed or if it would be sent to the discard pile by a card effect then it would come back to your hand. But U-turn Board's effect is restricted to in-play only. If it is discarded from your hand then it doesn't come back. But the card itself would help decks that revolve around retreat costs of 1.

birdboy2000

Bird Keeper
I don't like Jessie & James. It's not quite as broken as delinquent, but I don't want to start expanded games with 2 card hands, especially with peeking red card around to make sure the 2 cards aren't any good.