'Sky Legends' Officially Revealed!

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
We haven’t seen Cryagonal since... Black and White era? Well, that’s a long time, let’s see what this do-
HOLY GUACAMOLE.
Item lock for an Energy. That’s pretty good. For damage we could use, say Decidueye (or nothing). Well, doing 40 damage anywhere on the board while locking your opponent out of Items means that Stage 1 decks will be thrashed, and Stage 2 decks become inoperable.
It’s not even the fact it’s Item lock, it’s the fact that anybody with a Rainbow Energy and a penchant for control decks can plop this in for as little as 2 cards.
The versatility that makes this unnerving.

Oddish22

Aspiring Trainer
This could really have had a better artwork. There are not many Cryogonal cards and probably it will be years until the next one, so a nice artwork would have been good. I could even imagine it as a holographic card, as it is a snow crystal.

Swampert Full Art

#GROOKEYGANG
I would have much preferred it to be a holo or GX, or at least an actual art instead of the stock photo, but I sure do love it anyway.

JakeTheGearHeart

Aspiring Trainer
A lot of people are saying this card is good, but coming from a person who won a Regionals with Seismitoad back in its prime, I can say that this card is really garbage.
10 damage just isn't enough in this format, and the HP is not enough. The thing that made Seismitoad great was that it could take 2HKOs with the use of Lasers and Virbank while having enough HP that it could force an even prize trade. Where it pulled ahead was with the use of Hammers, and Item Lock in general used to slow decks down to the point where they couldn't get attackers out to respond to Toad.
Where Seismitoad lost is when it couldn't participate in an even prize trade. Non-EX decks were a real problem for Toad, (although they didn't exist much back then) as well as decks that were able to get around poison via the use of Keldeo-EX or Virizion-EX. There's too many good non-GX decks in Standard right now for any sort of lock deck to survive.

Matux

Aspiring Trainer
A lot of people are saying this card is good, but coming from a person who won a Regionals with Seismitoad back in its prime, I can say that this card is really garbage.
10 damage just isn't enough in this format, and the HP is not enough. The thing that made Seismitoad great was that it could take 2HKOs with the use of Lasers and Virbank while having enough HP that it could force an even prize trade. Where it pulled ahead was with the use of Hammers, and Item Lock in general used to slow decks down to the point where they couldn't get attackers out to respond to Toad.

Sure, but the Seismitoad deck you're talking about wanted to take prizes when control decks (mainly Zoroark) don't care at all. They discard your resources (energies), recycle their resources (Lusamine, pal pad) and use an alternative win condition (deck out, unown HAND). It's HP are lower but your opponent wanna KO it, it's only one prize card.
As well, when it's in the active spot, you will often lock a pokemon from your opponent in the active spot that can't attack (energies removed) and retreat (yes, your opponent can't use switch under item lock and float stone is not legal in standard).
I would say that it would be even better if it was dealing 0 damages when attacking because Acerola would be inefficient.

ScrawnyMeowth1

The Maker of Pokemon Lists
This is the first Cryogonal card since Plasma Freeze. That means that, by the time this is released in English in Unified Minds, it will have been 6 years, 86 days since the last Cryogonal. It's nice to see Pokémon making an effort to release some more forgotten Pokémon, as opposed to more Charizards, Pikachus, Greninjas, etc.

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
Lusamine is banned so i wouldn't care about it anyway. Now if the new Gladion holo support is a reprint and not an alternate art. Then come rotation, Gladion might still be in.

Gyarados11

Researcher
I really like the design choice for the item lock, needs colored energy, only does 10 damage but still on a basic with a single retreat.

Robert Fuchs

PCTGO name: Ben358358, PST zone
The 10 damage is underwhelming though... some decks with big basic attackers will knock it out quickly...
example: BuzzRoc you can still get punch for 50-30 under item lock and put Pokemon on the bench with Brooklet Hill or Korina and setup your Rockruffs and Diancie... so the item lock hardly affects it and the 10 damage is nothing.

Pokenerd

Aspiring Trainer
The 10 damage is underwhelming though... some decks with big basic attackers will knock it out quickly...
example: BuzzRoc you can still get punch for 50-30 under item lock and put Pokemon on the bench with Brooklet Hill or Korina and setup your Rockruffs and Diancie... so the item lock hardly affects it and the 10 damage is nothing.
I'm not sure if I would concern over the damage. If you're item-locking maybe maybe you would be better off running your opponent out of resources and/or milling them.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
6+ years since the last Cryogonal, and they use almost the exact same art as it's last appearance in Plasma Freeze??

Y'all had 6 years to make new art. But no. Let's just use the basic Sugimori again after the PLF was a 5ban copy (in pose and everything) of the Sugimori. Boring treatment of a unique Pokemon!