Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
A new Skitty and Delcatty will appear in Fusion Arts, which releases in Japan on September 24th. Most of the set’s cards should become part of our Fusion Strike set on November 12th. Thanks goes to Bangiras and Jack U. for the translations!
Skitty – Colorless – HP60
Basic Pokemon
[C] Leap Out: 30 damage. Flip a coin. If tails, this attack fails.
Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Delcatty – Colorless – HP100
Stage 1 – Evolves from Skitty
[C] Meddler: Your opponent reveals their hand. Choose 1 card you find there and put it on the bottom of your opponent’s deck.
[C][C] Double Slap: 50x damage. Flip 2 coins. This attack does 50 damage times the number of heads.
Weakness...

Continue reading...

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
One of my favorite things about the TCG was – back during gen 3 in particular – a lot of Pokémon who were completely unviable in the mainline series would occasionally be given really solid cards, almost as compensation (I think by Gen 5 the regularity with which this might occur fell greatly, but still persists to this day).

Delcatty, with one of the lowest – if not still the lowest? – BSTs of a fully evolved Pokémon got a ton of great Gen 3 cards, and its trope of being an Energy-manipulating/-damage-dealing monster, whose cards ranged from perfectly good to a regular appearance in the meta, has been forgotten. Unless someone at PCL suddenly has a fond recollection for the good old days of Energy Draw Delcatty, Delcatty is probably? doomed to irrelevancy for the rest of its appearances in the card game.

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Unique, but mediocre or even unplayable? Sure. Decent or very playable, but bland? It happens. Not good or interesting, but a card that helps teach beginners the flow of the game? Wonderful, there should be a number of those in every expansion.

These cards aren't any of the above. They're just pack filler. Which is a shame since both cards have wonderful artwork. Surely the higher-ups are forcing the designers to make Common and Uncommon cards this bad, so that the V/VMAXs look cooler in comparison? Because I don't understand how the design team decides to make over half of every set bad and stale.

LightYearLiam

One of my favorite things about the TCG was – back during gen 3 in particular – a lot of Pokémon who were completely unviable in the mainline series would occasionally be given really solid cards, almost as compensation (I think by Gen 5 the regularity with which this might occur fell greatly, but still persists to this day).

Delcatty, with one of the lowest – if not still the lowest? – BSTs of a fully evolved Pokémon got a ton of great Gen 3 cards, and its trope of being an Energy-manipulating/-damage-dealing monster, whose cards ranged from perfectly good to a regular appearance in the meta, has been forgotten. Unless someone at PCL suddenly has a fond recollection for the good old days of Energy Draw Delcatty, Delcatty is probably? doomed to irrelevancy for the rest of its appearances in the card game.
This has always been something I've deeply appreciated about the TCG too, so it is a bit disappointing. Not horribly disappointing because I suppose it's natural to make Pokemon that are bad in the games bad in the TCG, but idk, it's just not as fun.
Unique, but mediocre or even unplayable? Sure. Decent or very playable, but bland? It happens. Not good or interesting, but a card that helps teach beginners the flow of the game? Wonderful, there should be a number of those in every expansion.

These cards aren't any of the above. They're just pack filler. Which is a shame since both cards have wonderful artwork. Surely the higher-ups are forcing the designers to make Common and Uncommon cards this bad, so that the V/VMAXs look cooler in comparison? Because I don't understand how the design team decides to make over half of every set bad and stale.
I feel like Pokemon TCG has had an addiction to simplicity as of late and I'm not really sure why. Maybe to make it easier for kids to understand, but what they've been doing seems overkill. And maybe it's also easier to not have to worry about testing cards as much if you make them bad enough that there's no chance they will ever make a big impact. Those seem like pretty unsatisfactory reasons, but eh.

LycanTheToucan

Forever trapped in the Lost Zone

I loved playing lost march because it was a Jumpluff doing insane things, really happy with Kricketune V being a thing too. We take what we can get but ya I wish this was an Energy Draw reprint or at least a fusion card