Ruling Skiploom LST?

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Would Skiploom's ability move Hoppip into the Lost Zone?

The ability in question:
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may search your deck for a Jumpluff and switch it with this Pokémon. Put this Pokémon and all cards attached to it into the Lost Zone. Then, shuffle your deck.

I assume yes since Hoppip is still considered as "this Pokemon". Am I correct?

There cannot be an offical ruling since the cards have not even been released in Japan. However, when evolving you retain the pre-evolution beneath the evolution card. In this sense it becomes a card that remains attached to the evolution card and would therefore also be moved to the Lost Zone.

As @Dark Espeon points out, we do not have the official English wording, and I know I don't read or speak Japanese, let alone have a history of working directly with Japanese rulings, so I can only offer speculation.

Which includes pointing out "Put this Pokémon and all cards attached to it into the Lost Zone." is part of the effect, unless you copied it wrong yourself, @jessalakasam. ;) Whether Hoppip is considered part of "this Pokémon" or part of "all cards attached to it" then Hoppip is heading to the Lost Zone.

Thanks, though, I hadn't noticed the "all cards attached to it" clause; if we get some Pokémon that can be attached to Skiploom (as Energy, Tool, etc.), it might make Lost March more viable.

Back