• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Six Feet Under (Shaymin EX/Cofagrigus)

Cortel II

I am the Doom master
Pokemon
  • 3 Shaymin EX (NXD)
  • 4-4 Cofagrigus (Six feet under) (PLF)
  • 1-1 Roserade (DRX)
Trainers
  • 1 first ticket
  • 1 Life dew ACE SPEC
  • 1 Devolution Spray
  • 2 Max Potion
  • 3 Switch
  • 3 Enhanced Hammers
  • 4 Pokemon Catchers
  • 4 Level ball
  • 4 Ultra ball
  • 4 N
  • 4 P. Juniper
  • 3 Skyla
  • 3 Tool Scrapper
Energy
  • 10 Grass Energy
Strategy

The strategy of the deck is pretty simple, Set up as many Cofagrigus as possible by turn 2 and use they're ability to knock themselves out, spreading 30 Damage counters each to your opponents field and then using Shaymin's Revenge Blast to swing up to 180 for 2 {G}.
Roserade is there with Devolution Spray for that as needed card. I use Life Dew as my ACE SPEC for trolls mostly, just so I can drop it on my Active Shaymin and my opponent only takes 1 prize allowing my second Shaymin to hit that 180 revenge blast.

Overall the deck is good, but I'm having an issue getting everything in play consistently, any suggestions would be nice.

-3 Bianca
+3 Skyla
-2 Cheren
+2 Tool Scrapper

At least 3 Skyla is a staple in most decks and with all the tools released in Plasma Blast you'll need Scrapper's

I would take out the Emolga's as they're an easy Prize and you certainly can't afford to lose easy prizes.

corabed said:
I would take out the Emolga's as they're an easy Prize and you certainly can't afford to lose easy prizes.

I agree with the Emolgas, but they can be useful to set up my bench. What would you suggest to swap for them?

Maybe another Enhanced Hammer... Not sure what else though. Is there anything you feel you need more of?

ok here are the changes I made,

-2 Emolga
-3 Bianca
-2 Cheren

+3 Skyla
+3 Tool Scrappers
+1 Max Potion

What do you think?

corabed said:
Much better IMO.
How much HP do Cofagirus and Roserade have?

Roserade has 90 (Thankfully) so I can use Lvl Ball, Cofagrigus has 100 which is why I have Ultra ball.

Fair enough, if it had had 90 too then removing an Ultra Ball would have been a good idea. But unfortunately you can't

I would exchange Roserade and use 2x Mr. Mime,so that your Yamask wont get KO' ( Cofagrigus only works if YOU knock it out).
Unless your pull for Shaymin-ex is bad,I would take out Ultra ball for Plasma ball.That way Cofagrigus comes out quick and Shaymin can act faster.
Also;Part of the Strategy is to use 'N' in the late game when they just have 2 prizes left.

Cant really think of anything else. :p

Shaymin will already do a lot of damage, but maybe include an Iris or two when Plasma Blast comes out. Iris makes your active Pokemon do 10 more damage for each prize card your opponent has taken.

corabed said:
How useful is First Ticket? It doesn't seem to get much play usually...
its very situational and TBH, I kinda just thre it in there cause I wanted to actually use it :p but the odds of having it in your opening hand are slim, but the 1 in ten games that you get to see you opponent's face when you just tell them your going first and then play the card is fun. :)

WoLf_PaCk said:
Shaymin will already do a lot of damage, but maybe include an Iris or two when Plasma Blast comes out. Iris makes your active Pokemon do 10 more damage for each prize card your opponent has taken.

Yeah I was looking through the scans and thought about Iris,it would allow Shaymin EX to OHKO an EX at 4 PC taken. what would you suggest I take out to fit in some?

Totally forgot about Iris!? If you cant pull 'N' then Iris would be a great trainer to have in the late game as well!

The only thing I could say to possibly drop is two of the four level balls, for two Iris. Or you could drop the first ticket and one enhanced hammer? Sort of a hard decision, those are the only suggestions I can really think of.

WoLf_PaCk said:
The only thing I could say to possibly drop is two of the four level balls, for two Iris. Or you could drop the first ticket and one enhanced hammer? Sort of a hard decision, those are the only suggestions I can really think of.

To get the 3x Iris,I would take out -1 catcher, -1 Ultra and -1 ticket
Catcher is not that big of a deal because of Cofagrigus ability to spread damage.
The other 2....eh :)

I'd highly suggest dropping the lone First Ticket. If you don't get it in your opening hand, its a useless draw later.

Taking out Catcher is not a good idea. It lets you choose which Pokemon you KO later with Shaymin EX's Revenge Blast.

He can't take out an Ultra Ball because that is needed for consistency. He could safely drop an Level Ball because that can't get Cofagrigus or Shaymin EX which is what his deck centers around.

By Dropping a Level Ball and First Ticket, you'll be able to put in 2 Iris.

I play this with 3 Shaymin EX & 4/4 Yamask - Cofragigus only. Don't like Mr. Mime idea, you are going to be killing them off yourself fast enough that don't need it. If 30 got done to 1 on the bench T1 (say by Plasma Kyurem) - that would just be the 1st one you would evolve & kill on your turn. Do like the IRIS idea, may have to try that if can fit. Computer Search as Ace Spec (another way to get that Shaymin out). Don't take out catchers - need to be able to bring up the EX or whatever card you really want / need to KO. This deck is designed to speed win - I max out the ways to get my Pokemon. Never play more than 3 Yamask - you are looking to play the 7 prize card game (kill 3 off & then they need to KO 2 Shaymin EX to win). I also play 4 first ticket to increase chance of starting to about 75%.

Shaymin EX - 3
Yamask / Cofragigus - 4/4

Grass Energy - 8

N - 4
Juniper - 4
Random Recvr - 3 (want to max out chances of T1 N or Juniper to get Pokemon in play)
Bicycle - 2 (more max draw)
Skyla - 2
Eviolite - 2 (a little help keeping Shaymin alive hopefully)
Max Potion - 1
Computer Search- 1
Level Ball - 4
Great Ball - 2
Team Plasma Ball - 2 (for Cofragigus)
Ultra Ball - 4
Energy Search - 1
Tool Scrapper - 1
Enhanced Hammer - 1
First Ticket - 4
Catcher - 3

A perfect start is going first, Shaymin active with a grass attached, another Shaymin on bench (Synthesis attack attaches energy to that one also), and 2 (hopefully 3) Yamask. Get the Pokemon out fairly consistently, if Yamask is starter, just put the energy on benched Shaymin who will be out to attack T2 anyway when evolve / kill Cofragigus. Plan on a lot of quick games, for that reason & lack of any real strategy I don't play this much anymore after initial fun with it, got boring pretty fast.

Im not sure why you would want to take out emolga.
Yes, emolga would be an easy prize, but you DO want your oppenent to take prize to power up your revenge blast. Although you can't put 3 damage counters when emolga gets knocked out, but since it powers up shaymin EX it doesnt really matter.
You can set up Cofagriguses more consistently using T1 emolga + T2 plasma balls/ultra balls compared to level balls.
Besides, if u knock 4 cofagriguses out and your opponent knocks out your emolga,your opponent will be down to 1 prize, the game is in your favour if u use N then. Shaymin will be able to OHKO many EXes as well.

1 first ticket can't do you anything. You need to play at least 3 (or u can take it out altogether)
1-1 roserade + 1 devolution spray makes your deck less consistent. Might as well take it out.

Iris would be interesting idea for this deck (Drawback is that the card being a supporter)

Back