'Single Strike Master' & 'Rapid Strike Master' Officially Listed, +UV Cards?

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
What I like about this is that it means not every card in the set will be labelled with that horrid "single strike" or "rapid strike" branding.

Thank goodness. I was literally going to skip the entire set because I didn't want those gigantic labels covering the card arts for cards in my binder.

kingK4RP

Who doesn't love a good old Magikarp?
Morpeko is basically a toned down version of the recently banned DEX #62 Sableye, cycling only 1 item card back from the discard pile into your hand instead of 2 and you have to reveal it, but costs a colourless instead of a darkness. Will be fine in some situations, but hopefully not as 'fine' as it's expanded predecessor... Oh and bouffalant is typical 1 prize fodder
If you're looking for a substitute for Sableye, Morpeko isn't the card you're looking for. Bunnelby is by far the better recycling Pokemon, able to shuffle 2 cards back for 1 Colorless energy, and able to mill 2 cards later on in the game.

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
Seeing that Morpeko just makes me wish again that the Pokemon TCG would have a viable "handless" strategy, similar to the Infernity archetype in Yu-Gi-Oh, that works better when you have no cards in your hand.

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
Not quite. I have run a format like that on my Discord server, though, called Aceless. In that format, all Standard-legal cards are legal, with the exception of Pokémon-GX (including Tag Team Pokémon-GX), Pokémon V, and Pokémon VMAX. I hold alternate format tournaments once a month and Aceless and Pauper have both been favorites.

Pauper is a format in which cards from Black & White base set onward are legal, so long as the card has an English-language print that was either a common or uncommon in rarity. BW, SM, and SWSH Promo cards with common or uncommon counterparts in a legal set are also legal. Karen XY177 is also legal.

The following cards make up the format's current ban list:

• Chip-Chip Ice Axe UNB 165
  • Delinquent BKP 98
  • Flabébé FLI 83
  • Forest of Giant Plants AOR 74
  • Hex Maniac AOR 75
  • Lt. Surge's Strategy UNB 178
  • Lusamine CIN 96
  • Lysandre's Trump Card PHF 99
  • Oranguru UPR 114
  • Puzzle of Time BKP 109
  • Red Card XY 124
  • Reset Stamp UNM 206
  • Sableye DEX 62
  • Wally ROS 94
So HGSS cards are not legal and the banned cards are actually legal?

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
Morpeko is definitely interesting. It’s a contender for “Sableye replacement” in Expanded

you have Rototiller Excadrill, but it requires Fighting Energy and is a Stage 1. It’s already in a viable control deck, it’s just not splashable.

Bunnelby can get back 2 of any card for C, but they get shuffled in the deck. So you need a way to dig further in your deck.

now we have Morpeko that gets back 1 Item for C.

the problem with getting back 1 Item is that it’s difficult to advance a win condition. You van certainly maintain a lock with it, but good luck getting anywhere with 1

The Fish

0.o
Seeing that Morpeko just makes me wish again that the Pokemon TCG would have a viable "handless" strategy, similar to the Infernity archetype in Yu-Gi-Oh, that works better when you have no cards in your hand.
Imagine if they made the Vivid Voltage Woobat stronger...

blackjack61105

Aspiring Trainer
If you're looking for a substitute for Sableye, Morpeko isn't the card you're looking for. Bunnelby is by far the better recycling Pokemon, able to shuffle 2 cards back for 1 Colorless energy, and able to mill 2 cards later on in the game.
How does bunnelby shuffle two?