Event Single-Prize Only Online Tournament

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I am excited to announce that I am running a Tournament through Pokemon TCG Online in the Single-Prize Only+Standard format.

What is SPO (Single-Prize Only)

As the name suggests, in this format only Pokemon that award a single prize for a knock-out are allowed. That means no GX and no Tag Team. This format can be played with any selection of cards (Standard or Expanded), but for this tournament I am choosing Standard.
The tournament will be ran using a regular Swiss system, with best-of-three rounds. It won't be divided by age groups.

How to sign up

If you wish to participate, please send me a private message OR post a comment here (your preference). The message should contain:
  • A valid decklist in the SPO Standard format.
  • Your Pokemon TCG account name.
These submissions should be completed and sent before Thursday, 9.04.2020, 23:59 GMT.

Tournament structure

At the beginning of each round, pairings will be posted in this thread, generated through a Swiss system. Each round will last for three days, or 72 hours since the pairings were posted. In the case of all results being reported earlier, the round can finish earlier.
The players in each pair should contact each other in any way they please and schedule a game. If one of the players needs a time extension of less than 24 hours, they should report it to me.
The game is run with the decks that were submitted with the registration form. The game is decided on a best-of-three basis.

Monitoring & Reporting Results

While it is not mandatory, it would be extremely helpful if each player recorded each game in case of a dispute, using software such as OBS. If that's not possible, any other form of verification - clips, screenshots - is also acceptable.
The winner of each game reports the results directly to me as soon as possible. The final results will be posted in this thread and the next round announced soon after.

Rewards

If they arrive in time, the winner will be awarded four Rebel Clash online codes, while the runner-up will be awarded three Rebel Clash online codes.

Questions

If you have any additional questions, please post them below.

Kavross

Aspiring Trainer
I don't know if i can commit to the tourney but I'd love to play the format with folks if they want practice.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
It's a pain to read through, but is the game log sufficient to record results?
Sure. The recordings will only be used in case of a dispute. The more proof you have, the better - but obviously I hope we'll never have to resort to it.

I like pokemon

Aspiring Trainer
How are you going to have decklists as there isn't really a good way to check. Unless an opponent has the original decklist and checks after a game(which also allows them to look at both deck their isn't really a good way to check. IDK if its different with private matches and you can't look at the opps decklist but just wondering.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
How are you going to have decklists as there isn't really a good way to check. Unless an opponent has the original decklist and checks after a game(which also allows them to look at both deck their isn't really a good way to check. IDK if its different with private matches and you can't look at the opps decklist but just wondering.
I would not think of this as a regular deckcheck. The list is going to be reviewed through the proof provided (such as video) in the case of a dispute.
I'd suggest thinking about how to cheat the rules in a tournament with seven codes on the line isn't a great way of doing things.
If you need more prizes, I would be happy to donate some SWSH codes!
Of course, I'd love to include more prizes! I hope you'll participate in the tournament as well!

I like pokemon

Aspiring Trainer
I would not think of this as a regular deckcheck. The list is going to be reviewed through the proof provided (such as video) in the case of a dispute.
I'd suggest thinking about how to cheat the rules in a tournament with seven codes on the line isn't a great way of doing things.

Thanks for the answer. It seems that you were implying that I cheat or something like that. The scenario I was talking about supposedly happened to a friend of mine when our local league organizer was hosting an online tourney. I honestly don't know if it was true but was the main reason why I asked the question. If you weren't implying that then I guess I'm kinda stupid lol.

Otaku

The wise fool?
I'm too busy trying to catch up on other stuff to participate, but since I'm interested in the results, I've been reading this thread. I'm going to risk meddling a bit:

@I like pokemon brings up a legitimate concern. If you want your tournament to rely mostly on the honor system, that is fine. I certainly don't have a better alternative!

Just don't ignore the different reasons and conditions under which people cheat. Some reserve it only for high stakes because of the effort involved, the risk of being caught, and (maybe) to make it worth wrestling with their conscience. Others take the extreme opposite approach, only cheating at low stakes events. Maybe because they don't even see it as really cheating, just a part of the fun of "gaming" under such circumstances. Maybe it is because, while the Prizes are small, no one is too worried about cheating so that means cheating is comparatively easy.

I mean, even if you suspect your opponent cheated in this manner, how much of a pain will it be to prove unless you get at least a little lucky and game relevant actions make it show up in the log or the video? Even if you catch them dead to rights, can't they claim they just used or submitted the wrong version of the list? I know when I'm really experimenting with something, I'll sometimes have two, three, even five versions coexisting simultaneously on the PTCGO. Selecting the wrong one happens. ^^'

As this is an experimental format, some folks may have another reason to cheat; "proving" their theories about it right! ¬_¬

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
@I like pokemon brings up a legitimate concern. If you want your tournament to rely mostly on the honor system, that is fine. I certainly don't have a better alternative!

Just don't ignore the different reasons and conditions under which people cheat.
I am not ignoring cheating - this is why the rule exists in the first place. However, I don't want players bothering their minds about whether or not someone is cheating. That's why I'm asking for the largest amount of proof you can provide, and simply know that everything will be handled behind the scenes.
There's only two "real" cheats available - mismatched deck and reporting incorrect results. Both of these are pretty well-covered.

Mega Mewthree...

A new threat has appeared.
I would love to participate. If it is okay, I have edited my decklist to include a new Pokemon. If not please let me know and I will change it back.

Screen Name: HaxorusEXMIA (Does anyone know if you can change you screen name?)
Deck List:

Pokemon: 16
4 Miltank (Lost Thunder 158)
1 Hoopa (Unified Minds 140)
1 Victini Prism Star (Dragon Majesty 7)
3 Sobble (Sword and Shield 055)
3 Drizzile (Sword and Shield 056)
3 Inteleon (Sword and Shield 058)
1 Oranguru (Ultra Prism 114)

Trainer: 34
3 Quick Ball
1 Reset Stamp
2 Lillie's Pokedoll
3 Pokegear
4 Moomoo Milk
2 FIre Crystal
1 Ordinary Rod
2 Evolution Incense
2 Giant Hearth
1 Heat Factory
4 Welder
3 Green's Exploration
1 Rosa
2 Cynthia & Caitlin
3 Big Charm

Energy:10
10 Fire Energy

Last edited:

I like pokemon

Aspiring Trainer
Hope its not too late to enter but-
Screen name: VOLCANION1224
List:
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 19

* 1 Ditto {*} LOT 154
* 4 Jirachi TEU 99
* 1 Blacephalon CEC 104
* 2 Giratina PR-SM 151
* 4 Inkay FLI 50
* 1 Mimikyu GRI 58
* 1 Poipole FLI 55
* 4 Malamar FLI 51
* 1 Naganadel LOT 108

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 4 Acro Bike CES 123
* 4 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 4 Spell Tag LOT 190
* 4 Switch SSH 183
* 4 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Ordinary Rod SSH 171
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 2 Viridian Forest TEU 156
* 2 Escape Board UPR 122

##Energy - 8

* 8 Psychic Energy SMEnergy 14

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Thanks, your entries have been recorded.

Technically, the window for registration ends in less than four hours, but since that'll be 2AM where I live, I'm officially closing the registration period 8 hours later.
@AngryBokoblin, let me know if you have a list ready.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Thank you everyone for registering! We're starting the tournament with a comfortable cast of eight players.

PokeBeach name // PTCGO name

DashKing // DashKing
FourteenAlmonds // Aidan_yolo
Nano_op12 // Trainer619063
AngryBokoblin // AngryBokoblin
itsAdoggo // The42ndcorgi
The Evil Sneasel // Jacques_m8
Mega Mewthree // HaxorusEXMIA
I like pokemon // VOLCANION1224

If there are any discrepancies here, please let me know. I will post the pairings for the first round in a couple of hours.

Last edited: