Ruling Silver Mirror removable by Chatot?

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
Ok, I was talking with my TO about the next rotation. I said that in case Tool Scrapper got rotated out, Garbodor would be huge with a Silver Mirror attached because Chatot(the most logic replacement for Scrapper) would not be able to discard it, but he responded me this:

"Chatot's Misinformation WOULD discard a Silver Mirror attached to Garbodor because Mirror protects the Pokémon from attacks of Team Plasma Pokémon, but not the Tool itself is protected against them. That's why Hydreigon's Obsidian Fang would discard it as well."

So my question is:
Is my TO right about it? There is a loophole in Mirror's function?

ftwpokedad

Eat, Play, Sleep. Repeat
Silver mirror stops ALL effects by plasma Pokemon. Neither the chatot's or hydreigon's attack will remove the silver mirror if attached to a non-EX Pokemon.

ftwpokedad

Eat, Play, Sleep. Repeat
The Tool is attached to the pokemon. the tool prevents all effects done to the pokemon by plasma pokemon attacks. Removing the tool is an effect of an attack by a plasma pokemon on the protected pokemon. Removing the tool is prevented by the Silver Mirror.

This was asked before at the Pokegym:
Q: "Chatot PLB is a Team Plasma Pokemon and has an attack: 'Misinformation' which reads: "Discard all Pokemon Tool cards attached to each of your opponent's Pokemon"
In this case, my opponent has Chatot as his Active Pokemon, and uses the Misinformation attack. On my field, I have a non-EX Pokemon with the Silver Mirror tool attached in the active position, and one Pokemon on the bench with an Eviolite tool attached.
The Silver Mirror text reads "Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to the Pokemon this card is attached to (excluding Pokemon-EX) by your opponent's Team Plasma Pokemon""
So in the above case, would the result of the attack be to discard the Eviolite from the benched Pokemon, but not the Silver Mirror tool from the Pokemon in the active position?"

A: "The Eviolite would get discarded, but not the Silver Mirror"