• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Silvally/Volcanion

Articuno_Aria

Articuno is UNO for a reason
I've wanted to build a Silvally GX deck since I acquired a playset of them, and a League friend of mine suggested Silvally GX/Volcanion EX. Of course I had to add my own twist to it and so far it's been doing well! Advise appreciated as always :)

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 17

* 1 Type: Null UPR 115
* 2 Type: Null CIN 89
* 3 Silvally-GX CIN 90
* 2 Salandit UPR 25
* 3 Turtonator-GX GRI 18
* 1 Volcanion STS 25
* 2 Salazzle GRI 16
* 3 Volcanion-EX STS 26

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 3 N DEX 96
* 2 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 2 Scorched Earth FCO 110
* 2 Fire Memory UPR 123
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Kiawe BUS 116
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Energy Retrieval BLW 92

##Energy - 13

* 9 Fire Energy XYEnergy 4
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
I don't think you need Fire Memory since you already have Fire pokemon to attack with. It doesn't do anything for you. I don't like Brigette and Kiawe with out ways to get them turn 1 reliably since they aren''t super strong to play later in the game.

Add 4 Ultra Balls and a Professor Letter

Articuno_Aria

I don't think you need Fire Memory since you already have Fire pokemon to attack with. It doesn't do anything for you. I don't like Brigette and Kiawe with out ways to get them turn 1 reliably since they aren''t super strong to play later in the game.

Add 4 Ultra Balls and a Professor Letter

Geez, I didn't realize there weren't Ultra Balls in this list D: (how embarrassing)
Thanks for catching that! I'll look at it again and make some changes

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
Aria made a thread in Deck Garage!

I like this deck and played it when Silvally-GX came out, though my list was more of a Volcanion-EX with Silvally-GX as support or retreat tech, so keep in mind that's my basis for this post.

I've wanted to build a Silvally GX deck since I acquired a playset of them, and a League friend of mine suggested Silvally GX/Volcanion EX. Of course I had to add my own twist to it and so far it's been doing well! Advise appreciated as always :)

##Pokémon - 17
* 3 Silvally-GX CIN 90
* 2 Salandit UPR 25
* 3 Turtonator-GX GRI 18
* 1 Volcanion STS 25
* 2 Salazzle GRI 16
* 3 Volcanion-EX STS 26

##Trainer Cards - 30
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 3 N DEX 96
* 2 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 2 Fire Memory UPR 123
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Kiawe BUS 116
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121

##Energy - 13

Total Cards - 60
****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Of course, I'd like to take a few quick moments to give my thoughts on this deck.

➤ From a basis of using Silvally-GX as a support Pokémon, I would drop a third Silvally-GX. I'd consider dropping the third Type Null as well, and playing two copies of Type Null CIN.
➤ I would drop your count of Turtonator-GX to 2 or possibly even 1, as it's typically a supplied GX attacker or used for Nitro Tank GX and we'll have attacking covered by another piece.
➤ Volcanion STS can possibly be a centerpiece of this deck with Power Heater. I'd advise raising your count to 3 or even to 4, as I've sometimes seen other lists play four. Since you're going to want it active to attack with Power Heater to recycle energy you burn with Steam Up, it's advised to run a high count.
➤ I'd personally swap the 2 Salazzle GRI with 2 Salazzle-GX or drop the Salazzle line entirely, due to the idea that you're not playing any other cards to enhance the effect of these special conditions from Hot Poison, and it only adds 30 damage, the same amount from Steam Up, and I'd rather discard the energy from hand rather than keep a Pokémon on your board you can't benefit from Steam Up or Gyro Unit with. I'd advise Salazzle-GX as another possible attacker late-game with Diabolical Claws to clean up a board after taking 4 or 5 prizes, or flipping Queen's Haze GX if you're in a bind. It's something to consider and I believe it's more useful than Hot Poison.
➤ While your count is perfectly fine at 3, I'd suggest just considering a fourth Volcanion-EX to have safer numbers of it in case you prize or discard them.
➤ I'm going off an assumption you're choosing to or unable to play Tapu Lele-GX, so I won't suggest that but I'll poke you about the idea.

Going on to Trainer cards:
➤ I'd suggest dropping Acerola, I don't particularly think this deck benefits too strongly from it, and it could potentially just clog up the deck or a potential hand.
➤ I don't personally like Pal Pad in decks, but I think if you play it, it's only really worth it to play one. I don't see one coming up at very helpful times and don't think it's worth it because of that. I'd drop a Pal Pad, or even two.
➤ Due to your low energy count, I would play Brooklet Hill instead of Scorched Earth in order to search your deck for Volcanion-EX without playing Ultra Ball.
➤ I'm taking the time to interject right here to say I agree with CrownAxe in dropping the Fire Memory, Brigette, and Kiawe for four Ultra Ball and a Professor's Letter.
➤ I don't like the low count of Guzma in this deck since you're stuck without Gyro Unit if Silvally GX or Salazzle GX is active, I'd suggest dropping a fourth Cynthia for either a third Guzma or a Float Stone so you can get a stuck Stage 1 out of the active spot if you don't want it there.

➤ If you're able to drop other cards to increase your energy count, I'd advise something along the lines of 11 Fire/3 Double Colorless Energy. But as the list is kind of tight I'm not entirely sure what you could take out for those.

This is the following list I could compile to organize my thoughts.
Pokémon - 16
2 Type Null CIN
2 Silvally-GX CIN
2 Salandit UPR
2 Turtonator-GX GRI
3 Volcanion STS
2 Salazzle-GX BUS
3 Volcanion-EX STS

Trainer Cards - 22
3 Choice Band
2 Energy Retrieval
2 Field Blower
1 Rescue Stretcher
3 Cynthia
3 Guzma
3 N
3 Professor Sycamore
2 Brooklet Hill

Energy - 14
11 Fire Energy
3 Double Colorless Energy

Hope this helps!~

The Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
I love this list and love Silvally as a card. I think possible cut the fire memories out for 1 psychic memory and 1 Fighting memory (for Buzzwole Lycanroc and Zoroark) and maybe go down to a 1-1 scorched earth brooklet hill split but otherwise, great list. I am a bit of a PTCGO noob but I have 2 Volcanion EX's and a 3-3 Silvally GX line.

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
I love this list and love Silvally as a card. I think possible cut the fire memories out for 1 psychic memory and 1 Fighting memory (for Buzzwole Lycanroc and Zoroark) and maybe go down to a 1-1 scorched earth brooklet hill split but otherwise, great list. I am a bit of a PTCGO noob but I have 2 Volcanion EX's and a 3-3 Silvally GX line.

I'm not too fond of the idea of playing any Memory tools since it's not too hard for the deck to take OHKO attacks on Zoroark-GX or Buzzwole-GX and would rather have the tool attached be Choice Band to give you a constant boost of 30 damage against a general pool of Pokémon-EX or Pokémon-GX instead of having 1 copy of a Memory for one specific matchup that you might not play against. Steam Up and Choice Band can supply you the damage output you need to take OHKO attacks against so many Pokémon without needing the right Memory in the right match-up.

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
Pokémon - 16
2 Type Null CIN
2 Silvally-GX CIN
2 Salandit UPR
2 Turtonator-GX GRI
3 Volcanion STS
2 Salazzle-GX BUS
3 Volcanion-EX STS

Trainer Cards - 22
3 Choice Band
2 Energy Retrieval
2 Field Blower
1 Rescue Stretcher
3 Cynthia
3 Guzma
3 N
3 Professor Sycamore
2 Brooklet Hill

Energy - 14
11 Fire Energy
3 Double Colorless Energy

On a side note, somehow I believed this to add to 60 cards. Clearly there's lots of room for improvement here but at the very least it can be used as a basis, and I actually forgot Ultra Ball and Professor's Letter here, so I must have been tired writing this.

The Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks, you're right, double steam up and a choice band will OHKO Zoroark and Buzzwole. I'm just about to start testing this deck.

The Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
I have played 3 games with this deck and won all of them. I played vs metal box,gyarados GX and gardi. I like one brigette though for if you dead draw.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Cut Fire Memory, it makes no sense. Steam Up only works on Basics so Silvally wouldn't get the boost. You already have high damage output from Turtonator, so why is Salazzle here? It seems more like a hindrance taking up bench space and not having an at all decent attack. Kiawe and Brigette contradict each other, and Brigette does not grab Volc-EX, which is I'm sure the centerpiece of the deck. Of course add Ultra Balls, and I would actually drop Brigettes for Nest Balls, since those immensely help Volc as a deck. And last but not least, 3 Guzma is just, really good. 4 is even better, but 2 is not enough. You need to get Silvally out of the active when you want to attack with another Pokemon, picking and choosing your KOs is a great way to win games, and if you only have so many benched Pokemon set up, it will let you reset Volc-EX. 1 Ho-oh GX is probably a must so you don't autoloss to Buzzwole.

The Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
In the list I am playing I have cut Salazzle for 1 Ho-oh GX 2 more Guzma and a nest ball. That seems to be working for me except I am struggling against Greninja I feel they get Wally and T1 waters duplicates. I know it’s a bad matchup because of weakness but does anyone know a way to help against Greninja.

Articuno_Aria

Thank you everyone for your constructive criticism! I'll make some changes and post the updated list when it's complete :)

Articuno_Aria

Updated Decklist! I'm playing it online and it's doing great so far! Thanks everyone!

##Pokémon - 15

* 3 Silvally-GX CIN 90
* 1 Ho-Oh-GX PR-SM SM80
* 2 Turtonator-GX GRI 18
* 1 Volcanion STS 25
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 3 Volcanion-EX STS 26

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 4 Ultra Ball PLB 90
* 2 N DEX 96
* 2 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Kiawe BUS 116
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121

##Energy - 13

Total Cards - 60

Kyle Pyykkonen

Yung Fish
Hey Man! My friend and I were working on a similar list, except Turtonator/Silvally, but the lists are still very similar. I do have some suggestions.
1. 2 Pal Pad is unnecessary in this list, just makes it run a bit clunkier and you add another item to trashalanche, I would cut both of those if I were you.
2. I would reverse your counts of Turtonator and Volcanion EX, Turtonator is the preferred attacker in this deck, and volc is mainly for support, but thats just my personal preferance.
3. I would not play bridgette in this list, Lillie is your ideal turn 1 supporter. I would cut both for two Lillie.
4. You need more than one steam siege Baby Volcanion. It is an incredible starter and really makes or breaks your game.

Heres a list of what I would change:
Cut:
1 Rescue Stretcher, 2 Bridgette, 1 Retrieval, 2 Pal Pad, 1 Scorched Earth, 1 volcanion ex, and 1 Scyamore

Add:
1 Turtonator GX, 2 Lillie, 4 Max Elixir, 1 nest ball, 1 fire energy

This is my preferred way of playing the deck, but the list you have works just as well. In the end its just depends how you play and what your preferred counts of certain cards are.

Avi Kessler

Aspiring Trainer
In the list I am playing I have cut Salazzle for 1 Ho-oh GX 2 more Guzma and a nest ball. That seems to be working for me except I am struggling against Greninja I feel they get Wally and T1 waters duplicates. I know it’s a bad matchup because of weakness but does anyone know a way to help against Greninja.
giratina promo?