• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Silvally GX Weakness Box, Ver. III

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
This deck achieved NO success in its first Standard iteration back when Ultra Prism was shiny and new. I am a better player now, and we have more Memories. All feedback will be taken into consideration, as long as it doesn’t involve scrapping the deck.

Pokémon: 13
4 Type: Null
4 Silvally GX
1 Zeraora GX
2 Tapu Lele GX
1 Marshadow
1 Tapu Koko <>

Trainers: 37
3 Cynthia
2 Lillie
2 Volkner
2 Guzma
2 Copycat
1 Pokémon Fan Club
4 Ultra Ball
2 Nest Ball
2 Timer Ball
3 Fighting Memory
3 Psychic Memory
2 Water Memory
2 Weakness Policy
2 Rescue Stretcher
1 Adventure Bag
1 Switch
3 Energy Loto

Energy: 10
4 DCE
6 Lightning Energy

...I bet I owe you an explanation.
  • 4-4 Silvally is super consistent and awesome.
  • Zeraora is free retreat. Can’t say no.
  • Tapu Lele needs no explanation. 2 is all I can afford.
  • Tapu Koko <> is really good.
  • Marshadow is the new Shaymin.
  • 3 Cynthia is sub-optimal, but we need space for...
  • 1 Pokémon Fan Club. This deck can’t really set up a full game without PFC.
  • 2 Lillie seems right.
  • 2 Guzma is all I feel like I need, for some reason.
  • 3 Volkner is the prime number, but 2 will do for now.
  • Copycat is more reliable than Erika, and here we play 2 of them.
  • The Ball counts are what I see as good. Are they?
  • Fighting Memory beats Zoroark, and I think that’s it... but it’s big enough to warrant 3.
  • Psychic Memory beats Buzzwole. I might cut down to 2.
  • Water Memory makes Blacephalon pay.
  • Weakness Policy protects from Buzzwole’s one-shot capabilities.
  • 2 Rescue Stretcher is peak number.
  • 3 Energy Loto is what I need to pull off DCE and [L] energy without Viridian Forest.
  • Adventure Bag, off a Volkner grabs Memories for days.
  • 6 Lightning energy works best.
The Memory counts are always up for tweaking, and I feel the strong desire to put Lavender Town in here. It’s such a good card for those who don’t already have Stadiums.
Well, let’s get to it! Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I played Silvally-GX/Sylveon-GX a while back and did OK with it.

There were only two main problems the deck faced when I used it: Lysandre Labs, and Weakness Policy. One Field Blower is not enough.

Also, Grass Memory is not worth it imho; I never needed it. Lycanroc is usually paired with either Zoroark-GX or Buzzwole-GX, and you are already hitting for weakness on those. Guzma two of them to get 4 prizes, and use your GX attack — that's all you need sometimes.

I will be back here later, but this is just something to start with.

That tool changing Magearna is more important than Shuckle imo, especially if you also want to play other tools than the memories. Fire memory is only worth it if you're playing Kukui, otherwise you can't OHKO Venusaur&Celebi TTG and Decidueye is going to fall off in the current meta imo, just like attacking Steelix. (And the latter uses Frying Pan anyway.) I'm also not a fan of Grass Memory since attacking Wailord&Magikarp is not going to be a thing in Standard imo, and if it's stall Wailord then you can't OHKO it with Grass Memory+Kukui either. As stated before, you already have other memories to deal with stuff that is paired with Lycanroc.

Fighting Memory and Water Memory are by far the most important because of Pikarom, Zoroark and Blacephalon. Psychic Memory is also ok.

Biggest problem with the deck that can't be fixed (because Silvally sucks but that's just my personal opinion :p) is that it loses hard to 1 prizers like Buzz/Garb/Weavile/Shrine, Lost March (gets a consistency boost with Pokecom) or even Granbull and stuff that is faster than it and can't hit for weakness like Rayquaza, Ultra Necrozma (gets a boost with Viridian Forest) and Gardevoir.

Adventure Bags seem better than Volkner at fetching the Memories you need for hitting weakness, so I'd go for -3 Volkner, -1 Weakness Policy for +3 Adventure Bags, +1 Lillie. 8 total draw Supporters might prove to be too few, especially with 15 Tools clogging the deck, You should certainly make space (probably by removing 1 Memory) for at least a 3rd Guzma in case your target is out of reach and you've already used your GX attack. Since you're playing no Stadiums the new Prism stadiums hurt this deck a lot, I'd consider replacing Shuckle with Viridian Forest; it discards energy and useless tools for fetching energy, so it seems to fit. Kukui, as someone mentioned already, might also be a good consideration against everything you don't OHKO even when hitting for weakness.
Other than that, your deck seems alright.

I played Silvally-GX/Sylveon-GX a while back and did OK with it.

There were only two main problems the deck faced when I used it: Lysandre Labs, and Weakness Policy. One Field Blower is not enough.

Also, Grass Memory is not worth it imho; I never needed it. Lycanroc is usually paired with either Zoroark-GX or Buzzwole-GX, and you are already hitting for weakness on those. Guzma two of them to get 4 prizes, and use your GX attack — that's all you need sometimes.

I will be back here later, but this is just something to start with.
I’ll take your suggestion for the removal of Grass Memory, because honestly half of it was for OHKOing Magikarp&Wailord GX with Rebel GX, but Whales isn’t in standard. My bad. I’ll also do another Field Blower, if I have space. More on that later.

That tool changing Magearna is more important than Shuckle imo, especially if you also want to play other tools than the memories. Fire memory is only worth it if you're playing Kukui, otherwise you can't OHKO Venusaur&Celebi TTG and Decidueye is going to fall off in the current meta imo, just like attacking Steelix. (And the latter uses Frying Pan anyway.) I'm also not a fan of Grass Memory since attacking Wailord&Magikarp is not going to be a thing in Standard imo, and if it's stall Wailord then you can't OHKO it with Grass Memory+Kukui either. As stated before, you already have other memories to deal with stuff that is paired with Lycanroc.

Fighting Memory and Water Memory are by far the most important because of Pikarom, Zoroark and Blacephalon. Psychic Memory is also ok.

Biggest problem with the deck that can't be fixed (because Silvally sucks but that's just my personal opinion :p) is that it loses hard to 1 prizers like Buzz/Garb/Weavile/Shrine, Lost March (gets a consistency boost with Pokecom) or even Granbull and stuff that is faster than it and can't hit for weakness like Rayquaza, Ultra Necrozma (gets a boost with Viridian Forest) and Gardevoir.
Oh, how could I have forgotten about Magearna! Shuckle is there to speed up the deck more for Turbo Drive to do its Turbo-ing. It’s possible to get set up MUCH faster with the extra energy.
Is Venusaur and Celebi TTGX actually viable? I just bypassed it. Seems... bad, I guess. Are you sure?
Those hard matchups are bolstered in my direction just a smidge, because I have Shuckle. It gives me the 2nd and 3rd Silvally GX up fast, all the time, and relentlessly as long as I can Turbo Drive successfully. Those are pretty unwinnable, though, besides Rebel GX.

Adventure Bags seem better than Volkner at fetching the Memories you need for hitting weakness, so I'd go for -3 Volkner, -1 Weakness Policy for +3 Adventure Bags, +1 Lillie. 8 total draw Supporters might prove to be too few, especially with 15 Tools clogging the deck, You should certainly make space (probably by removing 1 Memory) for at least a 3rd Guzma in case your target is out of reach and you've already used your GX attack. Since you're playing no Stadiums the new Prism stadiums hurt this deck a lot, I'd consider replacing Shuckle with Viridian Forest; it discards energy and useless tools for fetching energy, so it seems to fit. Kukui, as someone mentioned already, might also be a good consideration against everything you don't OHKO even when hitting for weakness.
Other than that, your deck seems alright.
I forgot about Adventure Bag! The problem is, even with Viridian Forest AND Adventure Bag,
Volkner is more efficient. At the time being, this deck is a real XY deck. Get set up fast, blow the opponent’s face off. Volkner is the most efficient way to get both of those energy and not just a Memory, but any tool or any item. I’m defending Volkner on this one, but I might take one off.
I’ll definitely consider the 3rd Guzma and another Lillie or Erika, whichever I see fit. Ah, what the heck, I’ll do Lillie :p.
Shuckle stays, but I see what you mean.

What do we think about Lavender Town, everyone?

Changes, from these folks’ comments:
-2 Grass Memory
-1 Weakness Policy (I guess.)

+1 Guzma
+1 Magearna
+1 Lillie
Aaaand the list has been updated to match.

Oh, how could I have forgotten about Magearna! Shuckle is there to speed up the deck more for Turbo Drive to do its Turbo-ing. It’s possible to get set up MUCH faster with the extra energy.
Is Venusaur and Celebi TTGX actually viable? I just bypassed it. Seems... bad, I guess. Are you sure?
Those hard matchups are bolstered in my direction just a smidge, because I have Shuckle. It gives me the 2nd and 3rd Silvally GX up fast, all the time, and relentlessly as long as I can Turbo Drive successfully. Those are pretty unwinnable, though, besides Rebel GX.

If you're not worried about Venusaur&Celebi TTGX at all then it's another reason to drop Fire Memory :p

You get no real value out of Lavender Town in this deck. That stadium is only good if you need to know *exactly* what is in your opponent's hand (stall decks and such for example), I'd rather play Viridian Forest instead, for the additional discard effect. (And then you don't have to rely on Shuckle for that.)

If you're not worried about Venusaur&Celebi TTGX at all then it's another reason to drop Fire Memory :p

You get no real value out of Lavender Town in this deck. That stadium is only good if you need to know *exactly* what is in your opponent's hand (stall decks and such for example), I'd rather play Viridian Forest instead, for the additional discard effect. (And then you don't have to rely on Shuckle for that.)
Eh, what the heck. I’ll do it. How worried am I about Decidueye? It’s just one archetype out of many, and I still have Fighting for the Zoroark it goes with. Sounds like a deal to me.
Changes:
-2 Fire Memory
-2 Volkner

+2 Adventure Bag
+2 Viridian Forest

Thinking of putting in a Swampert draw engine, it seems like it might work. It effectively cuts the need for Adventure Bag, Viridian Forest, Volkner, and Shuckle.
The changes would go something like this:
-2 Adventure Bag
-2 Viridian Forest
-1 Volkner
-1 Shuckle
-1 Magearna
-2 Lillie
-1 Rescue Stretcher

+3 Mudkip
+1 Marshtomp
+3 Swampert
+3 Rare Candy
Is it worth it? Maybe. I’ll try it out and report back, but outside feedback is always welcome.

Just being cute here but would you consider (L) Memory and Electropower for some surprise neutral knockouts?

since you play L energies, consider including koko* to insta charge a silvally

yeah, i think you need energy acceleration of some sort ... koko prism would work great, or if you wanted a more water heavy build, you could play aqua patches and a couple of articuno gx for early pressure and healing shenanigans if you want to get fancy

since you play L energies, consider including koko* to insta charge a silvally
yeah, i think you need energy acceleration of some sort ... koko prism would work great, or if you wanted a more water heavy build, you could play aqua patches and a couple of articuno gx for early pressure and healing shenanigans if you want to get fancy
Remember, Turbo Drive accelerates Energy too. It’s good for long term use, while Koko is short term. I’ll do it.
-1 Magearna (unnecessary)
-1 Lillie

+1 Pokémon Fan Club
+1 Tapu Koko <>

List updated to house recent play testing changes.
-1 Shuckle
-1 Cynthia
-1 Guzma
-1 Field Blower
-2 Viridian City
-1 Adventure Bag

+2 Copycat
+1 Marshadow
+3 Energy Loto
+1 Volkner

Back