• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Silvally-GX/Metal Toolbox V1.2

Air0z

Aspiring Trainer
I'm going to be testing this deck either tomorrow or Monday night and see how it fairs...
I think the deck could be great in most match-ups.

Any feedback would be great!

SILVALLY/METAL TOOLBOX V1.2
UPDATED: NOVEMBER 23rd, 2017
---------------------------------------------------

##Pokémon - 17

* 3 Type: Null CRI 89
* 3 Silvally-GX CRI 90
* 3 Registeel CRI 68
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 1 Celestella-GX PR-SM67
* 1 Necrozma-GX BUS 63
* 1 Kartana-GX CRI 70
* 1 Magearna-EX STS 75
* 1 Cobalion STS 74
* 1 Hoopa SHL55

##Trainer Cards - 28

* 4 Professor Sycamore
* 4 Guzma
* 4 N
* 1 Brigette
* 1 Skyla

* 4 Ultra Ball
* 4 Choice Band
* 2 Field Blower
* 2 Fighting Memory
* 2 Psychic Memory
* 1 Rescue Stretcher
* 1 Special Charge

##Energy - 13

* 9 Metal Energy
* 4 Double Colorless Energy

Total Cards - 60

---------------------------------------------------

Changes from V1.0 - V1.1: (NOVEMBER 12TH, 2017)
- -3 Rainbow Energy
- -2 Regirock
- -1 Regice
- +2 Metal Energy
- +1 Registeel
- +1 Guzma
- +1 Kartana-GX
- +1 Field Blower

Changes from v1.1-v1.2: (NOVEMBER 23RD, 2017)
- -2 Acerola
- -1 Registeel
- -1 Field Blower
- +1 Celestella-GX
- +1 Hoopa
- +1 Skyla
- +1 Choice Band

Thanks
-Air0z

Last edited:
So whole playing with it tonight, Regirock and Regice are not great in the deck. They keep me from putting anything on the bench.
Because of this:
- -3 Rainbow Energy
- -2 Regirock
- -1 Regice
- +2 Metal Energy
- +1 Registeel
- +1 Guzma
- +1 Kartana-GX
- +1 Field Blower

Will test further tomorrow/Tuesday! Will edit first post tomorrow to include changes...
- Air0z

Perhaps Registeel isn't the best choice as the pivot in a metal Silvally. I think you'd be better with Scizor EX as the main attacker with Registeel as Ninetales/Hoopa countermeasures.

With that said, you should try Max Elixir to make setup and cycling faster. You should never need Rainbow Energy, since you're getting rid of the other Regi and, maybe, reducing the DCE count to 3 wouldn't hurt as much, likewise. Po Town could also work in your favor to soften some match-ups.

Add in Drampa to the mix alongside Silvally and you should be good to go.

I've changed this deck a lot and it's done very well so far in playtesting, will update tonight!

After playtesting for a while, these are the changes I made to the deck:
- -2 Acerola
- -1 Registeel
- -1 Field Blower
- +1 Celestella-GX
- +1 Hoopa
- +1 Skyla
- +1 Choice Band
Edited top post with changes!!

Feedback is great!
- Air0z

Hi Air0z,

Nice deck. Consider these modifications:

- 1 Hoopa (Scoundel Guard is not that effective with lots of decks running a mix of GX and non-GX Pokémon)
- 1 Magearna EX (unless Drampa GX is common in the local meta the benefits of Magearna EX are limited)
- 1 Registeel (two of them will be sufficient with Rescue Stretcher in the deck)
- 1 Choice Band (three will do on usual)

+ 1 Metal Energy (better Max Elixir odds and odds to have discardable energy in hand)
+ 3 Max Elixir (the extra acceleration indeed payed off from personal playtesting)

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

Just a quick question: is volcanion considered an auto-loss for this deck or is there a way to play around it? What do you guys tech for fire decks?

Just a quick question: is volcanion considered an auto-loss for this deck or is there a way to play around it? What do you guys tech for fire decks?
Except for Magearna and Kartana your fire-weak pokemon are 1-prizers that aren't hard to knock out anyway. Just don't put down your weak 2 prizers and try to get a Black Ray GX out there and you will be fine.

Back