• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Silvally/Buzzwole: Is it worth it?

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
This deck is becoming increasingly popular at my league, and I thought this idea should be reaching closer to tournament status by now. Silvally GX gives free retreat to Buzzwole, and Turbo Drive really works with Buzzwole's energy-heavy attacks. In theory, this should have success with pretty much any deck in the meta.
Simon Humphrey used this deck to place 27th @ European International Championships
Here's the list he used (and the list most people at my league use):

4 Buzzwole GX
2 Type: Null
2 Silvally GX
3 Tapu Lele GX
1 Oranguru SUM
1 Espeon EX

4 Professor Sycamore
3 N
4 Guzma
3 Acerola
1 Gladion
1 Lillie

4 Ultra Ball
3 Field Blower
1 Rescue Stretcher
3 Choice Band
2 Fighting Fury Belt

3 Po Town

4 DCE
4 Strong Energy
5 Fighting Energy

What do you guys think? Thanks for your imput!

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Silvally is weak to fighting. 7/8 of Top 8 at memphis played fighting

now is not the time for silvally

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
Silvally is weak to fighting. 7/8 of Top 8 at memphis played fighting

now is not the time for silvally
That is quite true. The reason why I considered it important enough to post a thread about it is because Psychic Memory does the same towards Buzzwole and Fighting Memory gives it a chance against Zoroark decks. Thanks for your imput

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
The problem is both decks run Lycanroc GX so won't have trouble just focusing on Lycanroc as its attacker and hitting you for weakness without getting hit 2x back

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
didn't stop zoroark
Both Zoroark builds have secondary attackers to pivot too (Golispod or Lycanroc) that are also Stage 1 GXs with simple 1-2 energy attachments attacks as well

Silvally does not have this

Jacktropolis

Aspiring Trainer
Silvally is awesome and I love playing with him... unfortunately he has the worst weakness you can have currently so no I don't think he's worth it.....taking at least 2 energy attachments to attack is tough nowadays also

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
I just think Buzzwole gains the benefits that Silvally offers elsewhere. Cards like Max Elixir and Guzma help with energy acceleration and free retreat. Silvally's weakness is probably it's biggest downside at the moment, but it also has an awkward attack cost that you'd rather spend on Buzzwole. It also doesn't benefit from it's own ability which can be played around but it's still a downside. I think Silvally has a place in the Meta, especially once more Memory tools come out, but I don't know if Buzzwole is the optimal partner for it.