Event Side Events at Worlds?

Gible06

Aspiring Trainer
Is there still going to be side events at the world championships? And if do what would be some playable options.

If it's closed to public, then I assume there are no side events, as if they are, they would be unrealistic, given the impact of closing to public would drastically whittle down the total number of people allowed inside the venue to the point where all that remain would either be totally focused on cheering their competitor on(family), or maintaining the environment that makes their matches possible(professors, judges, commentators, other examples of event maintainers), so they may not have the time to go in a side event if there is any... :(

There are side events, but you need either a competitor or spectator badge to get in them. So at least half the people with badges aren't going to be playing in side events because they're in the main event.

Yes. The side events at the Meteron are closed to the general public. My suspicion is that with the release of Pokemon Go they were overwhelmed. I've been to that Marriott and the Meteron. Neither one of them are setup for enormous volumes of people standing around playing on their phones. They are setup for good medium groups with a continual process flow and movement. San Francisco is an enormous place. Though I have my whole family traveling there, I understand it. There are a lot of people in the city that will come just for the Pokemon Go interaction and lounge the entire day. I respect the company taking preemptive action. Though I wish they could have message this at start of season, instead of end of season, but who knew that Pokemon Go would be such a hit. I understand and feel the frustration too. But I'm trying hard to see it from both dispositions. Good Luck, all.

Last edited:
Would a pokken tournament lcq badge work for those side events?

I've been wondering the same question. I will be participating in the Pokken LCQ regardless. I doubt they will kick you out of the Pokken area if you are eliminated, so you would at least be able to spectate that. There is also likely to be a designated open play area as there has been in past years, although i am not sure if you need a badge for that as well. Apparently badges are not needed to enter the Pokemon Center store.

Back