Votes: 36 65.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Let's explore space first!

Votes: 9 16.4%

• Total voters
Of course we should explore the oceans. I think in the history of mankind, if I remember reading this correctly, we've only been to the bottom of the ocean once. And that was back in 69 I do believe, within a week of man landing on the moon, hence why its not as known to the general public. They only stayed there for maybe a few minutes due to the intense pressure, but if we had technology to get to the bottom back then, we got better technology now for longer trips.

Then to add to why we should explore the oceans, within the past 10 years or so, how many creatures have been discovered in the oceans that were once thought to be extinct? I remember the Frilled Shark being found on the coast of Japan maybe 5 years ago, and that was once thought to be extinct for hundreds of years. I know theres been more than just this one, but it goes to show that we know so little about our own oceans. We actually know more about space.

I love history and would love to find out what's beneath the ocean. As a kid I've always had this crazy idea of creating a machine that would shoot water from our ocean into outer space therefore allowing us to find new things. Obviously science would prevent me from doing this and it would be pretty unethical I guess cause we'll be destroying some habitats. But then again, future threats like the glaciers melting wouldn't be that bad cause we shot some water out of here! :p But yeah, exploring the bottom would be great.

Back