Help Should I Trade/Sell my VS Seeker?

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
So, I was in a conundrum trying to figure out what to do with a very valuable card on my hands, namely a Secret Rare VS Seeker. I need advice on whether to trade/sell it now, or trade/sell it right before rotation. And even then, should I sell it for money, or trade it for cards? Or trade it for 3 more Regular VS Seeker?
Basically, sell now, or sell later?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how much this applies to you, but at the minimum it has Expanded value, and at best they may reprint it (considering they already have done once). However I'm not in need of the money (don't know about your situation) so they're of better value to me in my folder (come rotation) than being a bit of money in my wallet.

Personally I would keep the VS Seeker. This card has been around since 2004 and has gone out of rotation but seems to always come back. I think there's a high chance of it getting reprinted and making the value of the secret rare one sky rocket. (like how the old full art Skyla is worth a lot more now) BUT if you really do want to sell it I would sell it now while the value is still there if you don't want to risk it not getting reprinted.

I have 6 SR VS Seekers and I'm keeping them for when they are reprinted and when they do get reprinted, their value will go up almost 20 fold. I don't think they will hit Ultra Ball levels but they will be worth a lot. If you want to trade them now, you might be able to get 20 bucks cash or trade value and you should trade them for things like Drampa-GX of give up two for a Tapu-Lele-GX.

This is of course they don't print another card with the same effect as VS Seeker but with a different name. It's hard to say since some Item cards have been renamed since the in-game version isn't called VS Seeker anymore but Battle Recorder I think. I'd say use your best judgement on this. Look around at your leagues and see if there's any interest in it but if you trade it, get meta cards you can just flip. Wait for pre-release week since things like that are worth a lot. Something else you can do is look at players with their Worlds invites and see if their interested since many would be interested in blinging out their decks in hopes of a streamed match.

Back