Help Should I Play Zygarde?

The Evil Sneasel

Aspiring Trainer
Hello everyone.

With the raging success of Ultra Necrozma and buzzwole i'm thinking of playing this for my league cups.
Here is the decklist.
Pokemon - 13
3 Zygarde-GX FLI 73
2 Rockruff FLI 75
2 Lycanroc-GX GRI 74
1 Diancie Prism Star FLI 74
1 Buzzwole FLI 77
1 Sudowoodo BKP 67
1 Regirock-EX FCO 43
1 Oranguru SUM 113
1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

Trainer - 31
4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
3 N FCO 105
3 Guzma BUS 115
2 Cynthia UPR 119
4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
4 Max Elixir BKP 102
1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
3 Choice Band GRI 121
3 Float Stone BKT 137
2 Brooklet Hill GRI 120
2 Scorched Earth FCO 110

Energy - 16
10 Fighting Energy 6
4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136
2 Strong Energy FCO 115
I do want to replace a few things for 2-3 bonnie, another lele. I'm still debating on 1 oranguru or a 1-1 octillery line.

Even though it has somewhat a bad matchup against Buzzroc, I know that there is no buzz wole showing up because no one has the necessities to build it.

I tried building it with zoroark gx and it worked quite well. And I used bonnie often. I can share my list and you can try it. Bonnie wont work in the lycanroc version because of your ability to consistently get it. but in the zoroark version you can draw into it and puzzle for it.

I’ve found that U-Necro is a bad matchup because Zygarde is slow. Also I personally replaced some draw support and all 3 Guzma for 3 Bonnie and more stadiums

Hi! I played Zygarde too!
Zygarde is slow and it can struggle when the first Zygarde goes down. But if you can manage to start Verdict chaining you're in for a good spot.
When playing Zygarde, it may seem counter-intuitive, but always go first! It helps you to set up Zygardes quickly.
It has good matchups against most decks when it draws well but the BuzzRoc matchup is iffy.
Hope this was helpful!

Back