'Shiny Star V' Announced for November, Plus Blastoise and Venusaur VMAX!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Jul 26, 2020.

1. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

If they copy GX atks, yes. But they counts as using your GX atk for the game and any extra effects on the GX atks, like the Tag Teams does, must be implemented.

Mudkip_Is_God likes this.

2. JumpluffTCG Aspiring Trainer
    JumpluffTCG

Advanced Member Member

Amazing Death has to be the funniest attack name since God Damn Punch Incineroar

3. Tytus Expanded Best Format
    Tytus

In expanded you could Ho-Oh EX then ninja boy into the Amazing Rare Yveltal. then just a double colorless energy picks up the ko. Kyogre also seems very good in expanded as well as you could chain the 80 spreads.

Dravinator likes this.
  4. Snowy Lilacs Aspiring Trainer
    Snowy Lilacs

I did hope for shiny versions of the amazing rares we already got, but this is even better!

Too bad they couldn't make a fairy one for say like Sylveon, Gardeivor or even Xerneas

5. Kyle J. Asplund Some birb boi
    Kyle J. Asplund

Ok so basically everyone choosing Yveltal
    Also that Crobat is good.

6. Cue2Power Cramorant is Godly
    Cue2Power

If Ditto VMAX can copy gx attacks, it will be a good counter to adp zacian, being able to use altered creation gx without needing adp. Also, I'm so gonna make an yveltal deck! maybe yveltal/ditto vmax, as altered creation+free knockouts is too broken to not be played!

Edit: I hope adp has an AMAZING DEATH (just dont bring your cards to a funeral)

Mudkip_Is_God, The Fish and JayMankey like this.
  7. don()shinobi PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
    don()shinobi

Wow, those Amazings are... something.

8. Wockomtosh Aspiring Trainer
    Wockomtosh

Kyogre ADP could be interesting. If you use altered creation then Kyogres attack twice then all their one prizers and Dedennes are gone. With the new tool (I forget the name) it could snipe anything with less than 220 HP. The tricky part is if it's better to do AC, then ultimate ray, then two attacks with Kyogre or if Zacian is just the better partner.

bidoof&company likes this.
  9. Shinxed3 Get Shinxed bro
    Shinxed3

Pfft. Guess I was wrong about amazing rares not appearing ever again.

...thankfully, because daaaaang, these are nice cards! Hasuno was a nice choice for Yveltal. I hope they put out these three's opposite version mascots as the other amazing cards in this set.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    The Fish likes this.
  10. AngryBokoblin Guzzlord is fun
    AngryBokoblin

So um...Poryon Z?

In standard would be hard but in expanded you have prism energy, blend energy, rainbow energy, and aurora energy (and dce) to power up yveltal.

Also assist liepard

11. bidoof&company MEMES ARE LIFE
    bidoof&company

In expanded these amazing rares could go well with a Ho-oh EX/Ninja Boy combo.

12. bidoof&company MEMES ARE LIFE
    bidoof&company

And AMAZING DEATH is the best attack name i've ever seen.

JayMankey likes this.
  13. bunnybird12 Don't be sad- be hoppy!
    bunnybird12

It's possible some of the Amazing Rares could work in Expanded with access to more multi-type special energy. There's also the Smeargle from Breakthrough and Rainbow Paintbrush (who ever thought we might use those cards lol).

Nyora likes this.
  14. JayMankey Optimistic Trainer/Collector
    JayMankey

15. AngryBokoblin Guzzlord is fun
    AngryBokoblin

You can't do that every turn tho.
    That works well with birds trio because it has 300 hp.

bidoof&company likes this.
  16. ArceusTrainer Arceus Collector
    ArceusTrainer

Shiny Crobat V was unexpected, my first ever shiny was a Zubat back in Sapphire, kept him for all these years and he is now Brobat, the shiny Crobat. I have to get this card!

17. Hemos The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
    Hemos

Ditto V and VMAX look like they're gonna be the stars of the set with their respective ability and attack. Will have to track them down when they're localized.

Loving the Amazing Reshiram and Yveltal, especially the latter - that attack is broken as all hell, so it makes sense the energy cost for it is a steep one.

And yes, I think Amazing Death is a great attack name... probably will end up as Amazing Oblivion or something along those lines in English.

18. snoopy369 Aspiring Trainer
    snoopy369

Advanced Member Member

That was "attach".

RLDC = Two Fire (Welder), Koko Prism for Lightning, and a Darkness from hand. Very possible to set up turn one. Could be sufficient to KO various V's before they can become VMaxes.

AngryBokoblin likes this.
  19. Mcsonic00 Less Filler Cards Please
    Mcsonic00

What if they made Crobat VMax like this instead:
    Crobat VMAX – Darkness – HP300
    VMAX Pokemon – Evolves from Crobat V

[D] Stealth Poison: 60 damage. Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Poisoned. Switch this Pokemon with 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

[D][D] Max Cutter: 170 damage.

When your Pokemon VMAX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 3 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
    Resistance: none
    Retreat: 0

20. JustInBasil Aspiring Trainer
    JustInBasil

News Staff Member

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 14 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?