XY Shiny Pokémon Mechanics: Less Rare in X / Y

AadmM

Doin' It Right
RE: Shiny Pokémon in X / Y: Less Rare & More Special

I've always tipped people the max amount every time I encounter them and I've yet to run into or hatch any shinies at all.

Which begs the question...why me? :p

Reggie McGigas

-

Just got a third shiny: Thriller the Manetric (Listening to Thriller when he appeared.)

And guess what? Only 9 REs. 9 Random Encounters

I appreciate the increase of shiny rates but 3 shinies in 10 days is ridiculous. Cmon.

EDIT: Not so lucky after all. It has minus as an ability and quirky as it's nature. I guess it's karma

EDIT 2: Holy cow. All of my 3 shinies have netural natures. Is this mediocore luck or do shinies now always have permenant natures?

WalterREBoRN

Aspiring Trainer

Reggie McGigas said:
Just got a third shiny: Thriller the Manetric (Listening to Thriller when he appeared.)

I appreciate the increase of shiny rates but 3 shinies in 10 days is ridiculous. Cmon.

EDIT: Not so lucky after all. It has minus as an ability and quirky as it's nature. I guess it's karma

EDIT 2: Holy cow. All of my 3 shinies have netural natures. Is this mediocore luck or do shinies now always have permenant natures?

First, congrats on your shinies! A manectric sounds like it's a really awesome shiny in 3D.

I can assure you that shinies don't have permanent nature. My masuda zoroark has an Adamant nature, my Hitmonlee has a Lonely nature, my Gourgeist has some neutral nature and my klefki is lax natured.

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Three. In one week.

- Scraggy (random horde)
- Nosepass (Sweet Scent grindin' horde)
- Mankey (Friend Safari)

I don't care if the chances were reduced, this is great.

adreeyen

Aspiring Trainer

Reggie McGigas said:

Mind posting a pic? I'd love to see shiny Manectric (and its mega) in 3D!

WalterREBoRN

Aspiring Trainer

OK, I'm officially done shiny hunting in Pokémon X for a while.

I found my main target in the friend safari, a Larvesta. She's a modest nature with a 30 special attack IV and a 31 speed IV. If anyone wants me to post pictures of her (especially when I enevitably evolve her) I'll be more than happy to oblige.

AadmM

Doin' It Right

Talk about speaking too soon. Just found my first Kalos shiny in the Friend Safari: a Teddiursa whom I appropriately named Gummy!

I'm a sucker for green too, so this is doubly great. :D

Rob234111

ArticunoX

.. I have chained to 241 and still NOTHING. DAMMIT. I WANT A SHINY DRAGALGE!!!

Ririka

Give me Mega Milotic, now.

Rob234111 said:
.. I have chained to 241 and still NOTHING. DAMMIT. I WANT A SHINY DRAGALGE!!!

When your chains already too high, it's better to reset the chain and start again. People often find their shinies after resetting a big chain and landed on 30-50 new chain. Whenerever you're over 150 just reset it.

Frost Mage

Pegasususus

Sigh, I'm getting worried that shinies are no where near as special as they used to be...

Ririka

Frost Mage said:
Sigh, I'm getting worried that shinies are no where near as special as they used to be...

I don't think so. Shinies are shinies, and they're still special. It's not like you can find one every single hour in your game, you still need a dedication to find them. I actually like it that shinies are easier to find this time, particularly because it's not seem like an impossible entity again. At least it helps people who never encounteres shiny in their whole life to actually have hopes in finding one.;)
Unless you're worried that it wouldn't make you look special anymore with having certain shiny pokemon, then it's a personal problem.

Anyway i found a shiny Swirlix today from safari, was looking for a shiny Kirlia but find him instead.

SdczQ10.jpg
n8ibJn4.jpg
MEfAxt7.jpg
qdDh81N.jpg
8fkTHlf.jpg

EDIT: This is getting insane, get another shiny Swirlix while still searching for Kirlia one.

Stecune

Aspiring Trainer

The rate has certainly increased, at least in the Safari. I've been playing Pokemon since the start and never had a shiny unless it was an event Pokemon. Now I've had 4 in 2 days! I'm not complaining, I think its great!

Reggie McGigas

-

adreeyen said:
Reggie McGigas said:

Mind posting a pic? I'd love to see shiny Manectric (and its mega) in 3D!

I have Y so I cannot post a picture of it's mega. I will post a picture of Shiny Manetric tonight.

Also, I'm pretty sure the rate has been increased for Chain Fishing, Chain Pokeradar, and Friend Safari only. The reason it's so high in Hordes is that you are fighting 5 different pokemon, giving you 5 times the chance of a shiny. In the overworld not many people have found shinies

Tuoko

Aspiring Trainer

Well, there has to be a reason why they included tipping besides making it more realistic.
And btw, I got a shiny Doduo which is now a Dodrio two days ago c:

Ririka

I'm in a state of happy and shocked now, since i finally got my shiny Kirlia today. AND interestingly, or coincidentally, it's going along with the "tipping" rumor. Here's my story for my shiny hunt today:

- I decide to hunt for a shiny Kirlia in a (Kirlia-Swirlix) safari.
- First attempt searching for 2 hours with nothing.
- Thinking about the tipping, and the fact that yesterday i got my shiny Dedenne, i thought that the shiny Dedenne is the reward of some tipping earlier, so now i need to tip more.
- Tipping several people, mainly the photographer.
- Second attempt searching, got a shiny Swirlix with Rash nature in less than 2 hours.
- Still wanting my Kirlia, i tried again but in 1 hour time got nothing.
- Decided to tip some more people.
- Third attempt, landed again on shiny Swirlix in less than 1 hour.
- Tried to tip some more, photographer and cafe people.
- Fourth attempt, finally find my dear shiny Kirlia in less than 1 hour, a lovely female with synchronized Timid nature, and an "outstanding" IV with 4 perfect IV's at that. Made my day.

CeDEWwI.jpg

Do you think the tipping is coincidence or is there actually some effect as to increasing the chance? Who knows, i'm too happy to think for now. Done searching for shinies for a while in X.:D

Ka$h Money

Aspiring Trainer

Ririka said:
I'm in a state of happy and shocked now, since i finally got my shiny Kirlia today. AND interestingly, or coincidentally, it's going along with the "tipping" rumor. Here's my story for my shiny hunt today:

- I decide to hunt for a shiny Kirlia in a (Kirlia-Swirlix) safari.
- First attempt searching for 2 hours with nothing.
- Thinking about the tipping, and the fact that yesterday i got my shiny Dedenne, i thought that the shiny Dedenne is the reward of some tipping earlier, so now i need to tip more.
- Tipping several people, mainly the photographer.
- Second attempt searching, got a shiny Swirlix with Rash nature in less than 2 hours.
- Still wanting my Kirlia, i tried again but in 1 hour time got nothing.
- Decided to tip some more people.
- Third attempt, landed again on shiny Swirlix in less than 1 hour.
- Tried to tip some more, photographer and cafe people.
- Fourth attempt, finally find my dear shiny Kirlia in less than 1 hour, a lovely female with synchronized Timid nature, and an "outstanding" IV with 4 perfect IV's at that. Made my day.

CeDEWwI.jpg

Do you think the tipping is coincidence or is there actually some effect as to increasing the chance? Who knows, i'm too happy to think for now. Done searching for shinies for a while in X.:D

Where are the people that you can tip? I know there is one in the city of the 8th gym leader but I'm trying to find more haha.

Ririka

Ka$h Money said:
Where are the people that you can tip? I know there is one in the city of the 8th gym leader but I'm trying to find more haha.

That's my question as well, i remember meeting a LOT of them in my playthrough but whenever i searched for them now they're gone.

But i know few people who can be given a tip:
- The photographer from photo spot.
- The maid in Battle Chateau.
- In Lumiose City Vert/Bleu plaza there's a cafe with a mimic who can be tipped, and a poet who also can be tipped.
- In Anistar, Cyllage, and Laverre there is a cafe where you can get information on Pokemon, who charge you 500/1000/5000 for sitting there. The waiter can be tipped.
- The battle restaurant in Lumiose can also be tipped.

I only remember those few people.

stalkin_cat

Aspiring Trainer

excuse my ignorance, as I have the game in other language.... what is tipping people? :s

EDIT: oh never mind, I understood :D

TheTPCProductionz said:
May I ask what is Safari ?

at the end of the game there's a Safari Zone like whre you find wild pokemon, the pokemon you'll find are based on the friends you have :p

Aerodactyl

Don't listen to her, she's crazy

Story of my life when it comes to shinies....
p9530.jpg

I'm tempted to try the tipping thing, so far from what I've heard it works best in combination with the friend safari (which I have yet to unlock, haven't even beaten the fifth gym yet). Personally, I caught a shiny Gible, but only after I started tipping 1,000 instead of the smaller amounts. It could be a placebo effect, but I am generally a very unlucky person when it comes to shinies so I'm willing to believe it. At the very least, I'll feel good for giving virtual entities money.

I'm just glad they brought back the poke radar! I can't wait to use it, it was the only thing I was semi-okay at. And now with this whole fishing chaining thing we can get our water pokemon shinies too!