Shinning Charizard

beta

Aspiring Trainer
Exactly how rare are Shinning Charizards? I have 2 and they're ranked as triple ***'s. Am I just extremely lucky or ignorent? :rolleyes:

Are you referring to the old Shining Pokemon? I don't remember exactly how rare they are, but yeah, lots of people seem to have them. I'd assume they are a little rarer than ex Pokemon are today, but not as rare as the star Pokemon. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me, of course, as I was not involved in the game at that time.

hahaha, I'm in no position to correct you I'm new to the game. I'll take your word for it.

Hmm but the rarest Charizard cards today (as of I know and except the Raichu prerelease misprint) is Base Set Charizard, second is shining Charizard, and third is Crystal Charizard (FYI Crystal Charizard - one with crystal body/type) I dunno if Charizard * will be added to the list, but I think so. I also don't know why people love Charizard so much >.< But for me, the rarest cards are the different Pikachu's, like Baloon, Surfing, Birthday etc.

I have 2 Base Charizards
2 Base 2 Charizards
2 Dark Charizards
2 Blaine's Charizards

That's all the Charizards I have.

Charizards=same rarity odds as other cards
Charizards being rare=It is highly sought after for
Charizards=Useless lizards but mainly for collectors

Alchemist Almightgy you have it very wrong shinnings back then were hard to get even though there were a lot of them. they arent as rare as the 3 hoen starters stars in TRR though

Actually, Shinings from the older sets (Neo: Revelations, Neo: Destiny) had about the same rarity as a normal holo. Same with Dark Raichu in the original Team Rocket set, and other secret cards. The new Shining Pokémon (EX: Team Rocket Returns onwards) generally come anywhere from 1 per box to possibly 1 out of every 3 boxes.

WotC was rather mean to make the rarity of the old shining cards the same as regular holos. From what I understand, the shinings in Neo 3 and Neo 4 in Japan were extremely rare, and generally were valued $50 and upwards. Old Shinings outside of Japan seem to go for as high as $20, but rarely higher.

I've seen an eBay auction where Shining δ Charizard was going for $60 with 114 bids, so as I expected, it is a valuable card.

Back